Owleye
Topic Author

Corsairfly.com Due To Re-brand As Corsair Int'l

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:58 am

News found at: World Airlines News. Corsairfly (Corsairfly.com) (Paris-Orly) is going back to its roots, rebranding as Corsair International with an imposing new livery. The first aircraft has not yet been painted, but an Airbus A330-200 is expected to be repainted this summer.

The French airline was established in 1981 and started operations on May 17, 1981 as Corse Air International. It was founded by the Corsican Rossi family and was acquired by Nouvelles Frontières, a French tour operator, in 1990 and the name was changed to Corsair. Worldwide traffic rights were obtained in 1991. In 2000 TUI AG, one of the world’s leading tour operator groups, took over Nouvelles Frontières. In 2004, Corsair aircraft were repainted in the above TUI colors using the Corsairfly name. On March 22, 2012, the airline announced it was changing its name to Corsair International.

New Corsair branding

Source: World Airlines News

[Edited 2012-04-02 05:10:02]

goldorak

RE: Corsairfly.com Due To Re-brand As Corsair Int'l

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 pm

This new livery is great. I love it.
But it will be not sufficient for Corsair to stay alive as the airline is in big financial troubles. As part of some money saving measures, they just announced a code-sharing agreement with Air Caraïbes for routes between ORY and FDF/PTP/SDQ/SXM/CAY. For routes that are currently operated by both carriers, some flights will be surely canceled during the low season.

AeroWesty

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 pm

While rather plain in some respects on most of the plane, I really like the sails on the tail in this livery. They make the brand seem more upmarket, plus they invoke the spirit of travel, which a good aircraft livery should do.
International Homo of Mystery

VC10DC10

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 2):

While rather plain in some respects on most of the plane, I really like the sails on the tail in this livery. They make the brand seem more upmarket, plus they invoke the spirit of travel, which a good aircraft livery should do.

I agree; the sails are a lovely idea. It would be even better if the engine nacelles were also dark blue.

PHX787

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 pm

That livery looks great. Can't wait to see them in the sky.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

bennett123

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Will they still be part of TUI?.

Jamake1

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Very nice livery. It would be an especially appropriate livery for a Pan Am Clipper jet if the airline were still operating today...

[Edited 2012-04-02 16:12:06]
United's B747-400. "She's a a cruel lover."

cargolex

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Although I don't know that it will do much to hurt or help Corsair's fortunes, I think it's a positive change. There are seven TUI brands flying around western Europe and it's quite confusing as to who goes where and does what. It's nice to see at least one of them get a more unique identity, even though I like the TUI look.

PezySPU

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Quoting cargolex (Reply 7):
There are seven TUI brands flying around western Europe and it's quite confusing as to who goes where and does what.

Oh, I so need to second that. It's very confusing. But I guess it doesn't matter to consumers since all of them are part of TUI.

I am puzzled as to why Corsair is rebranding and removing TUI's brand from the livery? Are they distancing themselves from TUI and maybe planing to rely on their own sales in the future?

JRadier

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Quoting PezySPU (Reply 8):
Oh, I so need to second that. It's very confusing. But I guess it doesn't matter to consumers since all of them are part of TUI.

Apart from us airline nuts, who really cares? Most passengers only end up board of their national TUI carrier anyway.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

aidoair

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Quoting PezySPU (Reply 8):
I am puzzled as to why Corsair is rebranding and removing TUI's brand from the livery? Are they distancing themselves from TUI and maybe planing to rely on their own sales in the future?

The TUI branding is more associated towards leisure travel - with in-house package holidays still the main focus of the group it has achieved this well.

However, as Corsair are now wanting to go the opposite direction and have a focus on the scheduled / seat only market, I suppose it makes sense to rebrand the image of the company and remove itself from it's previous look.

For now they will remain part of the TUI group of airlines (part of TUI Travel PLC based in the UK) but again will not associate themselves as a leisure orientated airline.

The TUI airline group branding is not so confusing at least for the consumer at each of their respective countries. They are well known and have a loyal following. This is because they are more associated as part of a tour operator / package than a stand-alone airline directly themselves. For example in the UK, Thomson Airways is the in-house airline for the Thomson and First Choice holiday brands, and in Belgium Jetairfly is the in-house airline for Jetair and it's companies...

Luftymatt

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Good for them! Getting away from that horrible TUI livery! Now if only Thomson Airways would re-brand back to Britannia Airways....
chase the sun

PezySPU

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 am

aidoair, thanks for your great insight, exactly what I suspected.

Quoting JRadier (Reply 9):

Apart from us airline nuts, who really cares? Most passengers only end up board of their national TUI carrier anyway.

Yep, agreed. And I like this term - "national TUI carrier".

AeroWesty

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 pm

Quoting LuftyMatt (Reply 11):
that horrible TUI livery!

What is that on the tail currently? A wink or something?

oneworld77

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:13 pm

that horrible TUI livery!

What is that on the tail currently? A wink or something?

Once had a REAAAAAALLLY boring conversation with some branding bod and it IS a 'knowing wink with a smile' and also the T U I can be seen.

Took them a long time to come up with...............which is why her Maj had a child design her Diamond Jubilee logo!!!!
Flown - EI;BA;RE;FR;WW;TW;TS;US;JP;JT;AT;QF;JQ;VB;NC;TR;D7;AA;IB;AF;SN;LX;SR;LH;AY;CX;CP;9K;9W;IX;AI;IC;EK;EY;GF;QR;BE;N

AeroWesty

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Quoting Reply 14):
also the T U I can be seen.

Oh indeed, I see it now. Thank you.

tharanga

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:20 pm

nice change. the old name and livery were childish.

so is that a pirate ship on the tail? nice pun.

bralo20

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:33 am

Quoting aidoair (Reply 10):
However, as Corsair are now wanting to go the opposite direction and have a focus on the scheduled / seat only market, I suppose it makes sense to rebrand the image of the company and remove itself from it's previous look.

For now they will remain part of the TUI group of airlines (part of TUI Travel PLC based in the UK) but again will not associate themselves as a leisure orientated airline.

If they want to go the "opposite direction" they should better change the interiors to a more normal configuration. All their planes have a high density layout only suitable to transport cattle... Just like any leisure airline does...

aidoair

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 am

Quoting Bralo20 (Reply 17):
If they want to go the "opposite direction" they should better change the interiors to a more normal configuration. All their planes have a high density layout only suitable to transport cattle... Just like any leisure airline does...

Watch this space . . .

Ok, so they may not drastically be reducing the number of seats onboard, but they are refitting the interiors and planning a new onboard service to start later in the year.

DocLightning

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Quoting goldorak (Reply 1):
This new livery is great. I love it.

Me too! Simple, yet distinctive, professional, and artistic. And very appropriate to the name of the brand, since a corsair is a kind of ship.

Quoting VC10DC10 (Reply 3):
It would be even better if the engine nacelles were also dark blue.

Agreed, but at least it isn't classic eurowhite
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

A388

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 2):

I agree with you completely. The new livery is nice, especially the sails on the tail but at the same time the livery in its entirely reminds me of Egyptair as well. The blue pattern on the tail/apu section is practically identical to the tail design Egyptair has. In that regard this new livery isn't entirely original but it is still nice. Who designed this livery?

A388

cgnnrw

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:24 am

Wait a minute.....they're dropping "fly.com" from their name? Now that's a brave move....how will anyone know how to find them online????   
A330 man.

GIANCAVIA

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:55 am

Good for them! Getting away from that horrible TUI livery! Now if only Thomson Airways would re-brand back to Britannia Airways....

Yes YESSSSSSS For the win.