txjim
Topic Author

DFW Firefighters Prepare For The A380

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:13 am

Article from a local news station

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/04/11/m...liner-built-for-dfw-fire-training/

"The structure is actually a replica of an Airbus A380 commercial jetliner and the first ever built in the United States. Alpha SteelFab has been hired to construct the mock plane for fire training at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The real jets will start arriving later this year."

I suspect the article is playing fast and loose with some of their statements but it's interesting that the 380 will be included in airport rescue training. The replica is being built in Melissa, Texas which is northeast of the city of Dallas. I'll be looking forward to news on plans to transport it to DFW!

ANM604

RE: DFW Firefighters Prepare For The A380

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:23 am

Wow, very impressive. I can't wait to see some videos of it in action! Congrats to DFW for providing the funds to help the guys prepare and practice in case something ever happens.