TFFIP
Topic Author

NZ Premium Y Presentation On Their Website

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:45 am

Why do all three versions I have seen of NZ's premium economy demos (the explanation of the seat and why one should book it) on the website feel the need to show people sitting with their feet on the person next to them?
Is it because there is no place else to put them?
Is it because New Zealanders find that romantic?
(Here in Asia I can think if 3 cultures who find the idea repulsive)

AustrianZRH

RE: NZ Premium Y Presentation On Their Website

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Quoting TFFIP (Thread starter):
Is it because there is no place else to put them?
Is it because New Zealanders find that romantic?
(Here in Asia I can think if 3 cultures who find the idea repulsive)

Well, the girl seems to want to sleep sideways so there is indeed nowhere else to put her feet  .
WARNING! The post above should be taken with a grain of salt! Furthermore, it may be slightly biased towards A.

MaverickM11

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Quoting TFFIP (Thread starter):
Why do all three versions I have seen of NZ's premium economy demos (the explanation of the seat and why one should book it) on the website feel the need to show people sitting with their feet on the person next to them?

The product makes zero sense to me--acres of real estate for still-tiny pitch. I don't know why anyone would pay extra for that layout.

Quoting AustrianZRH (Reply 1):
the girl seems to want to sleep sideways so there is indeed nowhere else to put her feet

That's what it looks like!
E pur si muove -Galileo

777ER
Crew

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:20 pm

NZ designed the new B773W Y+ with couples and single flyers in mind. The two side seats are designed for singles with each seat facing towards the windows while maintaining each passengers privacy and middle seats are designed for couples. Middle seat flyers can sit facing each other (due to the seat design) and eat dinner together (just like in business) The people in the ad are a 'couple' which is what NZ is targeting as Y+ flyers. If the couple decide to sleep with their legs over one of them then thats a way they can (kind of like NZs new 'cuddle class' seats in Y on the 773W). Each Y+ pax gets their own otto man style foot stool instead of the usual fold out foot rest as whats used on the older cabins on the B772s and B744s so there is still plenty of room to put your feet in front.......in anyway you like

New Zealand's culture is very relaxed (kind of like Australia, but I've heard were more relaxed) and NZ are simply coming up with ways to show our culture.