Welcome to African Aviation Thread Part 7
Part 6 is now archived at: African Aviation Thread Part 6 (by sepultallica Mar 2 2012 in Civil Aviation)
Some development in African Aviation:
- ● Korongo Airlines is now a reality!!! Korongo had its inaugural revenue flight on April 16, flight FBM - FIH. And on April 19, started the first international flight FBM - JNB
- ● Great article on KQ's future plans and ambitions from CAPA. See separate thread on a.net:
Kenya's Growth Over The Next Decade... (by Pe@rson Apr 17 2012 in Civil Aviation)
- ● No surprises there - but ET will be the first carrier to fly the Dreamliner in Africa. http://www.ethiopianairlines.com/en/news/pressreleases.aspx?hl=%20304
- ● MS, surprisingly (at least to me) still managed to post a profit for 2011 thanks to aggressive cost cuttings. See:
- ● Important cooperation of African carriers to jointly purchase jet fuel is now in effect amongst 9 carriers. See: http://allafrica.com/stories/201204180154.html
- ● After the coup d'etat in Mali, many flights to BKO have been suspended. Even a West African leaders flight apparently had to turn back mid air "after hundreds of supporters of last week's coup invaded Bamako's main runway".
See: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...120329_1_bamako-junta-coup-leaders and some video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgeKCHw7zb0
That must have been a scene to witness.
- ● Air Nigeria to launch London Gatwick and JNB flights in mid May. See: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/a...tions-to-london-joburg-next-month/
Please add and contribute to the list and discussions.