bizjet

Data Sources For Airline Flight Schedules

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:23 pm

I often see in these forums very interesting data about airline flight schedules. For example, number of daily departures by airline from a certain city, number of departures by fleet type, etc.

What is a good source for this type of airline flight data? Ideally, I'd like to be able to get an Excel spreadsheet with my requested data (e.g., all departures for DL from ATL) so that I can analyze by sorting, making pivots, etc., in Excel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a user-friendly data source? It's fine if it requires a subscription fee.

enilria

RE: Data Sources For Airline Flight Schedules

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Quoting BizJet (Thread starter):
I often see in these forums very interesting data about airline flight schedules. For example, number of daily departures by airline from a certain city, number of departures by fleet type, etc.

What is a good source for this type of airline flight data? Ideally, I'd like to be able to get an Excel spreadsheet with my requested data (e.g., all departures for DL from ATL) so that I can analyze by sorting, making pivots, etc., in Excel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a user-friendly data source? It's fine if it requires a subscription fee.

Free data is provided historically from bureau of transport statistics. BTS.gov. In their on-time data they include full historical schedules for reporting carriers. The subscription services that have future data that is easily manipulated cost $20,000-$40,000 per year. You can get an OAG schedule subscription for a few hundred bucks, but they make it difficult to do the type of analysis you speak of...although not impossible.