WorldTraveller
Topic Author

Look At These Amazing A3XX Cabin Mock Up Pics!

Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:40 am

Hi guys, have a look at these great pictures:

Photos taken from the Airbus photo databank, copyright Airbus.

Doesn't it look fantastic?

Hmmm, if you look at todays First Class products, such a layout could actually become reality on the A3XX.

What do you all think? I can't wait to have my first flight on Singapore's A3XX.

Best regards
the WorldTraveller

P.S. All Airbus haters, please keep this thread clean...don't show your jealousy.

sccutler

Uhhh, Like, They're Password Protected, OK?

Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:48 am

If you cannot cut and paste the pictures (which I think Johan doesn't allow...), or provide a link to a non-password-protected hosting location, we cannot see these pics.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

Louis

RE: Look At These Amazing A3XX Cabin Mock Up Pics!

Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:49 am

Can't view the pics. It reqires a password

Ilyushin96M

Thu Oct 12, 2000 4:54 am

Kinda sucky that Airbus requires a password to view pictures on their site!

jaysit

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:02 am

I think its called protection against copyright violations.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Boeing727

Here Is Your Way In...

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:08 am

login: photodb
password:mnt1f2s

Boeing727

bacardi182

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:12 am

i am an airbus fan and i like what i see, BUT, those are first class seats. If airlines wanted to they could have those same seats these days and up the price even more. If those seats become cheaper with the A3XX, then i will be happy. until then, i would like to see some pics of the buisness and first class.

also, i hope those seats dont get made because those arm rests look damn uncomfterble! Although everything else about the seat is awesome, the armrests will have to go....

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:15 am

Beautiful pictures, I need to go make some money quick. Oh..AOL looks good now.

WorldTraveller
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:23 am

I apologize for forgetting that the pics are password-protected, but thanks to Boeing 727 who provided them.
I could have told you, too.

I hope we don't run into trouble with Airbus about the password, but what are we doing other than promoting their product?

Again, sorry folks!

Regards
the WorldTraveller

RIX

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:31 am

Airbus just helps to keep this thread clean from haters!!! 

Seriously: it's a real pity we can't see them. They must be nice and, hopefully, realistic - I mean something really to be expected on a production plane, not a "flying hotel".

Seriously again: it is not a first strange thing on their www, another one was just discussed today - that picture of 330/340 cross-section with no central overhead bins (or was it Il86 ?)...

Ilyushin96M

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:48 am

All very fine, of course, but aside from the Sultan of Dubai version shown in the pix, what does the REAL A3XX interior look like? You know, the one with row upon row of economy passenger seats?  

RIX

Thu Oct 12, 2000 5:57 am

OK, here it is (thanks to Boeing727). For me the greatest thing is the walking area - you can spend time somewhere else besides your seat or aisle. But I have to agree with Bacardi182: we'll see all this flying only if it is economically viable. Otherwise something like this could be seen today on 747 that is only 17 inches less wide...

jaysit

Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:01 am

Well, as we all expected, the first class sections are going to be fantastic !!!

However, as Ilyushin 96M stated above, what's the Y section going to look like?

Hopefully, at least in the first few years of its operation, it will be a bit roomier than the 747. But I bet that once routes get more established and the A3XX proves itself, airlines will cram in as many pax as they can. The history of the 747 repeated !

Yet, I can't wait to fly on an A3XX. Even you Airbus haters have to admit that even if the A3XX isn't gonna be the STarship Enterprise, its going to debut a lot of cool features not featured on today's airliners as yet.

ctbarnes

Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:20 am

Nice... but what accomodations are available for passengers in steerage?

Charles
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

MD-90

Thu Oct 12, 2000 7:03 am

I love the interior, but with something so spacious, and since the seats are so far away from the walls, I'd want the windows to be bigger. Something like the large round ones on a Gulfstream, and conveniently located, a.k.a. ERJ-145's window position, not the awful low CRJ's (and the windows are tiny!) .

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Ed Saldana

Delta15

Thu Oct 12, 2000 7:20 am

fHmmm i bet they could fit about 60 coach passengers in those two first class areas.

LH526
Crew

Any Airlien That Can Efford Such Luxury?

Thu Oct 12, 2000 7:39 am

???
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

prebennorholm

Thu Oct 12, 2000 8:20 am

Oh, beautiful!!! Does anybody know the URL of the web site where I can order my A3XX bizz jet? Hope that it isn't password protected too.
It seems to me that fasten-seat-belt-lights and even seat belts are extra. I just hope that these extras aren't too expensive because I am not a rich man.
I don't see the swimming pool either, but no problem, I can afford the water.

Preben Norholm

Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

Thu Oct 12, 2000 8:22 am

They could do all that on the 747x-Stretch...

But they won't....

prebennorholm

Thu Oct 12, 2000 8:38 am

Sure Surf is right. Boeing would never make that on a 747X. Neither would Airbus on a 3XX.
But maybe some Boeing guy on a dark and rainy day would produce similar computer generated pictures and protect them with a password so nobody with the slightest knowledge of aviation will ever be able to see them - but he would never forget the seat belts!!!
Best regards, Preben Norholm
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

Hamlet69

Thu Oct 12, 2000 9:39 am

Excuse me if I being naive, but what exactly is the point of these pictures. No airline is going to install that in their A3XXs. The only thing that looks like it might make it into production would be the bar underneath the staircase. Now THAT would be cool!! I wouldn't want to be the bartender, though. You'd have to be like 5' 2" to serve the patron seated at the far left of the picture.  

Hamlet69
Honor the warriors, not the war.

hmmmm...

Thu Oct 12, 2000 9:56 am

This signals a new era in air travel. The A3XX is surely to be the biggest, most sophisticated, and luxurious skyliner ever made. Unprecedented in comfort, size, and amenities. Elaborate decor in every seat and sumptious meals in every class. Even a full second deck accessed via a grand staircase on the main deck. First Class even boasts a smoking room and piano bar where the well-to-do will gather after dinner. Nothing is too good for the first class A3XX passenger. And personal TV screens in every seat, including steerage. In fact, I understand that accommodations in her steerage class will be the equivalent of business class on all other aircraft. The A3XX is the epitome of Man's creative genius.

Her first transatlantic journey will attract quite a manifest I'm sure. All the best people will be there. Media tycoons, wealthy industrialists, cyberspace barons. A veritable Whos-Who of the social elite. And I shall make it my occupation to see to it that I have a seat on her maiden voyage too, to join with them in ushering in this new age in air travel.

The A3XX will even offer the utmost in safety. On her main deck she will store parachutes in case of emergency. Merely I precaution you understand. All that is unneeded. It is my understanding that the A3XX is, in fact, uncrashable. Uncrashable I say, my good man! They say God, Himself, could not crash her. And I for one believe them. Would that be a real possibility, they would carry parachutes for all the passengers. As it is, there will be only enough for barely half the passengers. Yet still more than required by law. Surely, testimony to the infallibility of the A3XX, and to the confidence of the men who fly her!

-Sir Walter Worthington, A3XX passenger, First Class, quoted in an excerpt from the book A Flight to Remember by Hmmmm..., Random House Publishing, 2054, 3rd Edition.
An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

Thu Oct 12, 2000 10:45 am

That is nothing what the cabin will be like. Airlines will cram as many seats as they can into the A3XX.

AerLingus

Thu Oct 12, 2000 11:23 am

Hmmmm.....:
Humourous Titanic comparison.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

fanofjets

Thu Oct 12, 2000 2:25 pm

These pictures remind me of pictures from a WWII advertisement from Martin Aircraft promoting a civilian version of its mighty Mars flying boat in which passengers would fly when the war ended. As with the Airbus, the Martin concept was spectacular. But alas, as much fun as it is to engage in fantasy, these ideas often remain firmly planted on terra firma.  
It seems that the only thing that had changed over the last half century is the quality of the computer animation  

Nevertheless, the pictures are cool and the A3XX will be a perfectly fine plane, even without the bowling alley, discotheque, and indoor plastic bird bath.  
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

airmale

Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:41 pm

FANTASTIC! hope it really is like that 
.....up there with the best!

L-188

Thu Oct 12, 2000 6:52 pm

So fanojets are you saying that the A3xx will end up just like the Mars boats. Working at forest fire tankers in B.C.???

Come to think of it, that isn't a bad idea.
Actually it would be kind of cool to use a 747 or an A3xx as a forest fire bomber. Could you imagin how many lbs of water that could lift if you stipped the cabin out?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Oh Please...

Fri Oct 13, 2000 12:09 am

Do you actually think any airlines are going to throw away money by making your ride more enjoyable? I said it once and I'll say it again, the A3XX will either be filled with the maximum amount of seats or it will be carrying cargo. No lounges, pools, tennis courts, go-cart tracks, general aviation airports, etc. etc. I don't know what else Airbus has "promised", but it is never going to happen. No Boeing fans are jealous, they're repulsed.

And it is still the ugliest thing I have ever seen, next to the A310  

jaysit

Fri Oct 13, 2000 12:24 am

Yep. It sure is an ugly bird !! But who cares !
I thought the 777 was ugly when I first saw it. Now I think it looks powerful and like an aerial shark. Anyways, I digress.

The A3XX: I bet airlines are going to put in updated PTVs, marginally wider seats in all classes, perhaps even an extra inch of legroom. You will have dedicated standup bars and snack areas. Perhaps, marginally larger lavs, and a dedicated section for passengers with infants. Given the cramped conditions we fly in today, these extra niceties will seem like luxuries. Airlines aren't stupid - they can offer marginal improvements at low capital investments. However, savvy marketing will make them appear to be the most innovative additions to air travel.

First and Biz class will have some more doodads and gee gaws than are currently available.

Remember when Virgin first introduced PTVs in all classes? Passengers loved it, and it set a trend for the industry. The A3XX will set a few new trends in passenger comfort. So enjoy them. Quit criticizing a product you haven't even seen as yet. We all know that there isn't going to be a pool. Airbus never said there would be.

Joni

Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:04 am

Cathay's new First class features fewer seats than before. Why does Cathay not cram as many seats on their planes as possible? The point in First is that is _isn't_ crammed full of seats, unlike the other classes.

Having said that, obviously there is a limit, but with larger and more economical planes the limit moves farther.

WorldTraveller
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:28 am

Well, now THAT is interesting!

Many people in this thread claim that "airlines will put as many seats into the A3XX as possible, no A3XX interior will look like this!", but on the other hand they argue that the market is way too small for a 555 seater. ??????? Can you explain that to me?
You say the market is too small......but then what the hell is wrong about puting only 500 people in an A3XX (with greater comfort). With 500 people, the A3XX would still be a big money-maker for airlines.

You guys are so contradictory and you don't even notice this.....!

Another thing that strikes me as odd:
You say that the A3XX First Class layout as it is shown in the mock up will never become reality. I seriously hope you reconsider what you said.

How can you explain that BA and SIA installed luxurious First Class interiors recently and actually cut First Class capacity by doing so??
Please, look at theses pics...if today's First Class' looks like this don't you think the First Class' of 2006-10 could will most likely look like the one envisioned by Airbus above?

Click for large version

Photo © Alan Tsui

Click for large version

Photo © Alan Tsui

Click for large version

Photo © Chris Barrow

And how do you explain the fact that Virgin installed a luxurious bar on board instead af putting additional Upper Class seats in place? Or the business centre on Malaysian's B777? Or the "workout center" presented by Lufthansa yesterday (Fitness equipment that can be installed on planes)? Hmmmmm?
Do you really think airlines will stop innovating, creating more incentives for passengers to board their planes instead of flying with the competition???

And don't forget, traffic will TRIPLE over the next 20 years.

Puhh, I'm tired of explainng this over and over again...

Ahh, I forget to tell you that even if you try to convey it, you jealousy comes through soo visibly!  

Regards
the WorldTraveller

Never Gonna Happen

Fri Oct 13, 2000 8:20 am

So you're saying airlines will ask for $2000 dollars coach class tickets? That does sounds like a great addition to the industry  

There is a market for a 555 seater, there is not a market for a 1000+ seater. And no airline will ever, ever fill it with less than the maximum seats.

Actually, Airbus has said all sorts of crap about things that "will" be on the A3XX. Luckily, I learned not to believe them after that whole computer incident. Nothing more than overworked F/As and enraged passengers will fill these beasts.

And if my "jealousy" shows through that "clearly", your immaturity is more visible than a flare. I actually am not jealous of that hideous thing. If Airbus offered me the first flight, I would gladly refuse. I will not set foot on anything that is carrying more than 300 passengers (yes, that includes the 747, I wouldn't just "forget", like most Airbus fans do).

Now I'm going to go watch the Presidential Debates to take my mind off all these lies  

fanoftristars

Fri Oct 13, 2000 10:38 am

Wow, what extremes we have here. I am not a fan of airbus, and I will be sad to see the 747 loose its reign as the flagship of the airlines, but at the same time, as an aviation fan, I welcome this airplane. I think it is totally believeable to see this type of first class, as WorldTraveller has pointed out. There will also be minor improvements in all classes as WorldTraveller has pointed out. I would gladly accept an invitation to fly on the newest and biggest airplane in the sky. I hope the airlines do use this airplane for inovations that increase our comfort. True, profits will ultimately dictate what goes into these planes, and I believe there are premium pass. that will pay to fly a first class like the one described thus increasing profits for the airlines. Remember businesses make money by giving their customers what they want, at a price they are willing to pay. This is the future not matter if it is on a A3XX or a 747X.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Fri Oct 13, 2000 12:21 pm

The 747 is not losing its position, newer 747's are coming out, I don't care if Boeing prodcuced the 747 until the year 7000, sure, it's an old airframe, but who cares? When the 747X is launched, the 747X Stretch will keep the 747 name as the queen of the skies, and Boeing will not let Airbus take over the new juperjumbo market, I'm sorry, but it just won't happen.

trippleseven

Fri Oct 13, 2000 12:36 pm

I dont mean to act hatefully towards any of the airbus fans out there, but the A3XX is just a whole big joke. Its a major waste of money. It will be EXACTLY the same story as the Concord. Too high design costs, too high operating costs, too high ticket prices, too much room for catastrophy. The only people that are gonna be flyin it are rich folks. Just like the Concord! There is just no room for this plane in the current airline market where the average traveller is just a common Joe Shmoe with low income and bussines travelers whos companies are way too cheap to move them around in anything less than coach class. Just picture the headlines, "1000 people die in A3XX Crash". People though Tenirife was bad when 2 747s colided, Im sure that even 1 A3XX crash will kill the plane off completely. The A3XX is a huge waste of money and time. the real money lies in CHEAP, SAFE high speed travel, not in only size. I like only some of Airbusses products, but the A3XX purely sucks.
Just my $0.02
Good Day

fanoftristars

Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:11 pm

Easy there, Trippleseven.
Remember the concord was designed for a much different role than the A3XX. Sure, none of us know for sure if Airbus will be able to sell enough to make the entire program profitable, but that doesn't mean that the airlines that buy them won't make a profit operating them. The development stories are way different. I don't think that it is fair to compare....

The projected seat mile cost for the A3XX are below that of the 744, so how can you say it will be for the rich only? Just so you know, I am pro-boeing, but I guarentee you that Boeing doesn't think that the A3XX is a joke especially after lasts week's SIA order, and of course neither does airbus. Who are we to throw away a 12 billion dollar project. Are you smarter than the ranks of Airbus? I know I am not. Give them some credibility.

Of course time will tell how things work out, but we can't easily dismiss this aircraft.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Udo

Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:51 pm

Ok, do you still have more shit to talk or is that all?

1. B747 remaining the queen of the skies. To ensure that, Boeing should get some orders for the B747X. So far, only A3XX have been ordered...
2. What the hell is wrong with those pictures? They show a first class cabin in a style which is typical for world class airlines like SIA, Cathay or Virgin. The seats and the arrangement is not that different from today's first class in B747s.
The difference is that SIA may install twice as much first class seats in the A3XX. Or do some high-level-thinkers believe, the A3XX will only be flown in Economy configuration?
And nothing special about the bar. Virgin already offers it today, in their way much smaller B747s. So what?
3. Hey We're Nuts: Sorry, I haven't seen any pools, shops or other stuff on those pictures. What are you talking about? Better buy some new glasses.

Cool down guys, Boeing will survive, despite the A3XX...so why do you try to bash anything related to the A3XX?

Regards
Udo
Me & You & a Plane Named Blue...

oxygen

Fri Oct 13, 2000 8:51 pm

Being Big doesn't mean that it is dangerous.
" imagine the headlines '1000 people die in an A3XX crash"
So? Is it more dangerous for 1000 people to die in one crash than dying in many crashes ? the 747 is big also, does it mean that it is more dangerous than small planes? You think that a heavy plane plane is more easy to go down than a small plane ?

hmmmm...

Fri Oct 13, 2000 10:44 pm

When the 747 was introduced, it was 150% larger than the next biggest plane, the 707. What the Airbus-haters say about the A3XX is the same as what was said then. Yet the A3XX is only about 30% larger than the next biggest plane today, the 747. A typical version of the A3XX is only about 650 seats. One version will have only about 550 seats. So get a grip boys.

First they said, it would never be produced.

Then they said no airlines would buy it.

Then they said no airlines will fill it.

Now they are saying that one will crash and no more will be made. They hope.

Next they will say..._______ fill in the blank.

Anyone posts a thread that deals with an Airbus product, and right away the juvenile Airbus-haters jump in to denigrate it.

Example, do this: Post a thread entittled I had a nice flight on a A320. Right away the Go Boeing-crowd will jump on it telling you how much better a flight you would have had on a 737.

It's pathetic. It really is. And now that the A3XX is soon a reality, they are just gnashing their teeth and muttering, hoping for a crash, stock market or otherwise. Just so that they can say, "See I told ya. Airbus sucks! Woo-hoo! Go Boeing!" Then they will add, as they are on their way out the door, "Mom, I'm taking my skateboard to the mall. I'm gonna get some Pokemon trading cards."

Hmmmm...

An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

eg777er

Fri Oct 13, 2000 11:00 pm

Hmm.... you said it all.

The sick thing is that these people will now be hoping for an A3XX-meets-A3XX accident a la Tenerife...

Of course aircraft crash - it's a fact of life. At some stage, whether it be tomorrow or next decade, the 777 will have a fatal accident and 300+ people will die. The A330-200 and A330-300 and A340-300 and 767-400 and 737-900 and all these new planes WILL have accidents, and people will loose their lives as a result.

Would it stop me flying on any of them...NO WAY!!!!!!!

For god's sake grow up!

RIX

Fri Oct 13, 2000 11:02 pm

WorldTraveller, no contradiction at all. These are too different things: amount of superJumbo planes required and amount of seats in each plane. There is a market for VLA (at least we see orders) but "V" here doesn't mean the aircraft size - it means number of seats. I believe that: (1) all this luxury is quite possible, there always are those who buys it; (2) economy will be pretty much the same as it is now in anything from 717 to 747. Possible difference can be separate arms for each seat - not the least thing! But nothing outstanding. If the seat mile cost on A3XX is really less than on 747 than of two possible things - give more space in economy or get more money - every airline will choose... guess what?  

In case I sound like a Boeing fan: hope I've managed to cover my jealousy pretty well! 

I Guess I'm The Only One Who Reads...

Sat Oct 14, 2000 3:38 am

Udo, apparently you haven't been covering Airbuses promises about the A3XX, so I'll let you in on them.
A. Airbus said tennis courts could be placed onboard
B. Airbus said casinos could fill the second deck
C. Airbus even went so far as to say swimming pools could be added.

I'm not making these up, these are Airbuses words, not mine.

And I am not worried about the A3XX-100, I never have been. What scares the hell out of me is the A3XX-200. The -200 will (I hope) never be built, and if it is, the US will deny landing rights.

Now stop showing your immaturity by attacking everyone who has a different opinion, Airbus fans. I thought we were all adults here, was I wrong?

jaysit

Sat Oct 14, 2000 4:54 am

Now where exactly did Airbus say that pools and tennis courts could be put on board?

On their website? I dont' think so? Press releases? Again, I don't think so, because press releases are strictly controlled by the legal department which would have nixed such nonsense before it got out. The only people who've come up with such nonsense is the popular press which exagerates everything.

As far as online casinos go, I believe that SIA has those already as part of their seat-based entertainment system. Also, a small lounge seating 8 or so gamblers is not unconceivable even on an aircraft such as a 767.

The Airbus A3XX in its largest config (-200 series) is about 275 feet long. That makes it about 35 feet longer than a 744. Not that much to worry about or make a big fuss over.

Udo

We're Nuts And Hmmmm...

Sat Oct 14, 2000 4:01 pm

Hey We're Nuts,

First of all please tell me the exact source (website or whatever) where Airbus talks about pools and so on.
And second, if they really do, why do you take it all for serious? Do you remember what Boeing already has said in the last decades?

1. "No market for widebody twin jet"
2. "No market for a 150 seater"
3. "No market for a plane bigger than the B747"

They proved to be wrong on that completely. What I want to say is: Just don't believe what aircraft makers tell all the time. Start thinking on your own, don't take anything up what you hear.

And by the way, what is wrong with the A3XX-200? Your anti-200 attitude sounds as if the -200 would come to your home to kill you...What's up?

By the way: I couldn't agree better with Hmmmm...!!!!!!!

Regards
Udo

turbulence

Sat Oct 14, 2000 11:26 pm

Hey, people! Easy a little.
I'd like to know where Airbus did promise swimming pools and crap like this, on in which magazine a "smart" journalist wrote "it is so wide that a swimming pool WILL fit in" where someone explained that "it is so wide that a swimming pool WOULD fit in". Be very careful reading stupidity in not specialized magazines...

I am not pro- or anti- anything. I LOVE any airplane, no matter if it is Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed, Canadair, Emabraer, and welcome any new model, even if it is... ACME!!! (meek, meek)

But let's have a look at Boeing politics (you know: first say crap, second be contraried by facts, third correct crap to say worse things):

1.-no market for a long haul twin. Result: 777 (which I love)
2.-no market for a bigger than 744. (as long as Airbus did not launch 3xx)
3.-will build 747x (after Airbus launched 3xx)
4.-and will kick 3xx's ass (before they offered 747x)
5.-3xx and 747x not the same (after 3xx has beed sold and 747x has not)

Even the statement about the number of seats is b*llsh*t. Or will you tell me that Boeing do not know that japs are flying domestic 744s with 500+ configurations?

We're nuts:
who are you to ban 3xx-200 into US?
Isn't SIA a good LAX client? What's going to happen when SIA is going to fly 3XXs to LAX? Are you going to be there? Will you lie on the rwy to prevent them from landing? Do you think that US aviation authorities are going to close the door to southern asians, to aussies & kiwis, or japs when they'll ask to land their shittish A3x2s into California?

Trippleseven:
you do not deserve this magnificient name if you compare Concordes to 3XXs. That's like comparing peaches and almonds. Can you figure out the difference? And, who told you that the Concordes are not profitable? Why do you think both Air France and British Airways are spending so much money in geeting the flying licences back as soon as possible? It is true that the lines LHR / CDG - JFK are not profitable, but only two of each company were dedicated to these services. The other four and five were flying charters and promotional flights resulting in HUGE profits for both companies. Otherwise it would be way more profitable to sell them to museums... But they are not doing so, are they?

Do not write so much crap, will you?

And do not make a BvsA war about each thing you get the opportunity from, OK? We are supposed to talk about airplanes, not about "Boeings" or "Airbusses"

The pictures above are a depiction of a possibility. Can you understand it? Therefore they are computer created. No matter if they have no seat belts. Anyway, they are not real. And for publicity purposes, they are beautiful, not useful. Can you use your imagination, or are you of those who take a toy manufacturer to the courts because the toy "does not move by itself like on TV"? Is there a handful of matureness in this forum or everybody are like (stupid) children?

Best turbulences

WorldTraveller
Topic Author

Sun Oct 15, 2000 12:46 am

Turbulence, just a little correction here:

The pics above are not computer created, but actual pics of the A3XX cabin mock up Airbus built in Toulouse to show potential customers the possibilities of the A3XX.

Well, somebody pointed out that there are no seatbelts visible.

Oh my God, no seatbelts.......so this means the A3XX will never be allowed to fly!!!!!!! How could Airbus make such a MAJOR mistake????????? I'm so sad that we won't see the A3XX because of this...  

Seriously, how stupid can people get? It's just amazing, isn't it?

BTW, I agree with everything you said, Turbulence (also on the B777 thing of course!).

Regards
the WorldTraveller

turbulence

Sun Oct 15, 2000 2:28 am

Sorry for the mistake, WorldTraveller.
But thank you for the back-up.
Someone else above had also comented about computer image synthesizing. Nevertheless, I was meaning exactly that: a depiction of possibilities. In any way, as someone else pointed, too, the truth is that some south eastern asian carriers (and not only: Swissair too) have first class seats quite similar to the depicted ones.

Best turbulences.

Udo

Mon Oct 16, 2000 4:29 pm

Good posts, Turbulence, clear and well fitting here! I absolutely agree.

Regards
Udo

turbulence

Mon Oct 16, 2000 6:53 pm

Danke schön, Udo.
It's easy: I just try always to argument my explanations, not just write short senseless silly sentences.

Best turbulences

Mon Oct 16, 2000 10:01 pm

So the Salmon get to travel more luxuriously than ever before, and what about us Sardines??? the least we can request are Business class seats in economy and wider PTV screens, please Airbus.

PIA Great people to fly with 

Click for large version

Photo © Robert Flinzner