BDABOY
Topic Author

Some Hard Facts About The WN/FL Merger Please!

Wed May 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Since my first WN flight out in California some 15 years ago I've been a fan, and therefore I find the prospect of Southwest and Air Tran merging very exciting in relation to travel out of Bermuda. I say "prospect" because to be honest I've no idea if the merger means that the current Air Tran service to Bermuda will be taken over directly by Southwest and allow a direct connection to WN's routes. I've been trying to follow all the posts related to the topic but I'm still somewhat confused. Are the future of the merger and it's implications still only a matter for speculation, or are there definite answers regarding what will become of FL's international routes and how they will be (if at all) integrated into the WN's network?

seven3seven

RE: Some Hard Facts About The WN/FL Merger Please!

Wed May 09, 2012 4:38 pm

As a Southwest employee, I am being told we are going to slowly transfer FL planes and routes to the WN network. The international routes will probably be toward the end of next year if not 2014. I dont think we'll ever codeshare between the two airlines but WN will be flying to Bermuda within a couple years.
My views are mine alone and are not that of any of my fellow employees, officers, or directors at my company

BDABOY
Topic Author

Thu May 10, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks seven3seven!! I'm looking forward to it.

zippyjet

Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 am

Quoting seven3seven (Reply 1):

As of now (till upgrade/integration of both FL and WN systems) international flights will be FL. However, the new 737-800's with Sky interior are all WN so though it's not international any flights to Hawaii will be WN. Hope that clarifies. We learn new stuff each week and of course there are always rumors.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!