virgincrew
Topic Author

Thomas Cook Sells Aircraft To Raise Cash

Fri May 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Thomas Cook has agreed to sell and lease back 17 of its aircraft to raise £183 million to strengthen its financial position.

http://www.travelmole.com/news_featu...ews_id=2001435&c=setreg®ion=2

I personally think this is a great way to inject cash and save on aircraft maintenance costs etc....

I really hope Thomas Cook comes through this, I think they got too big too soon, i.e. My Travel & Co - Op etc...
Hello Beautiful !!!

JRadier

RE: Thomas Cook Sells Aircraft To Raise Cash

Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Quoting virgincrew (Thread starter):
I personally think this is a great way to inject cash and save on aircraft maintenance costs etc....

It is a sale and lease-back solution, so it won't matter on maintenance costs (that still has to be done by the airline) and is a financial matter only. Basically what happens is that Thomas Cook gets cash free on hand against (most likely) slightly higher ownership costs in the future. Considering the financial position of the company probably a very good idea, although it remains to be seen how fast they burn through this money.
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

planesailing

RE: Thomas Cook Sells Aircraft To Raise Cash

Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

How does this affect those that already have financial agreements in place for secured loans as these aircraft are a good asset to recover money against should the worst happen.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos