eastern023
Topic Author

Latam Routes After Merger

Thu May 17, 2012 9:35 pm

I see TAM opening flights to AA’s hubs such as ORD, LAX. But also could see them IAD and SFO.
LAN would probably land at IAD as well and I see both carriers developing more flights to Mexico

European Routes

Probably more cooperation and code sharing for flights bound for Europe. TAM will probably enhance cooperation with BA at LHR and we’ll probably see LAN at LHR before we see BA at SCL or LIM. What happens to MAD probably hinges upon to what the future of IB is…unknown. LAN is now talking about BCN and FCO…but we’ll see.

Intra Latin American

Within Latin America routes seem (IMHO) well served. But BOG and LAN Colombia would probably become a hub to Central America. LAN is clearly after TAC/COPA/Avianca. We’ll probably see more code sharing among TAM and the LAN (and the Baby LAN so to speak)

Australia and New Zealand

These routes would probably remain unchanged especially now that LA & QF are hot and heavy out of SCL.

I am curious about LAN’s plans for Asia and TAM for Africa. What do you think?
AA will Rise Again!

jfk777

RE: Latam Routes After Merger

Thu May 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Quoting eastern023 (Thread starter):
Probably more cooperation and code sharing for flights bound for Europe. TAM will probably enhance cooperation with BA at LHR and we’ll probably see LAN at LHR before we see BA at SCL or LIM. What happens to MAD probably hinges upon to what the future of IB is…unknown

Madrid is the reason BA merged with IB, Madrid's room to grow is what Willie Walsh purchased. IF IB's future is ...unknown then why merge ? Sooner then later the IB uions will get the "walsh" treatment, they will come around.

C010T3

Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 am

TAM will probably enhance cooperation with BA at LHR

Ironically enough, TAM will expand at both FRA and CDG next winter, but not at LHR...

SJOtoLIR

Sat May 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I see TAM opening flights to AA’s hubs such as ORD, LAX. But also could see them IAD and SFO.

LAN system already flies to both Los Angeles and San Francisco through Lima, Peru: SCL-LIM-LAX, EZE-LIM-LAX and GRU-LIM-SFO.
Based on the upcoming merger into LATAM, I see no reasons for TAM itself flying any GRU-LAX or GRU-SFO, taking into account how the dedicated Sao Paulo-California flights haven't worked well for other carriers in the past.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"