KarlB737
Topic Author

CAK 2018 - $110 Million In Capital Improvements

Mon May 21, 2012 12:15 am

Akron-Canton airport has put together a 10 year plan consisting of 10 projects. The cost will be $110 Million dollars. This will be the biggest and most ambitious plan to be ever undertaken in the history of the airport. Any of us might say why are they doing all this. With the expressed interest in recent years by various airlines including Southwest and to maintain the attraction of said airlines and the fliers I am guessing that has a lot to do with it.

It should be specifically noted that they are moving forward despite nearby airports such as CLE and PIT. They are not making any current economic excuses that sometimes curtail action at some airports.

It appears to me that with a massive project of this size they are making it known that they want to be a major player in Ohio.

The ten projects within the overall effort are at the link below. I wish them luck. This will be a heavy lift but obviously they are determined to have a first-class operation.

Courtesy: Akron-Canton Airport

CAK 2018 - $110 Million Capital Improvements

http://www.akroncantonairport.com/about/cak-2018

as739x

RE: CAK 2018 - $110 Million In Capital Improvements

Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 am

This project was started a long time ago. Many of the items listed are already completed. The extension of 5/23 and additional parking is done.

I look forward to the Customs facility and the concourse extension for the 3 gates. I don't believe WN will need more then the 4 current gates, so we could see another carrier move in to the new concourse.
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"