speedbird203
Topic Author

Second Delta Flight DTW-LHR

Wed May 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Hey guys,

I've just noticed while looking through Delta.com that they have a second flight operating from DTW-LHR.

Seems to be Delta flight 56 - 57 on the LHR-DTW leg.

When did this flight start? Are the loads on the DL5/6 that good that they added a second service?

Seems to operate everyother day rather than daily.

Haven't seen anything on here about this so thought i'd ask.

Cheers, Speedy.
Metro Tower 135.0

compensateme

RE: Second Delta Flight DTW-LHR

Wed May 23, 2012 3:25 pm

It's been operating for awhile, at first 3x-4x weekly but now 2x-3x weekly. On the days it doesn't operate from DTW it does so from ATL.
You're not the CEO; you were a menial aircraft support mechanic intern, and that was four years ago.

speedbird203
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Quoting CompensateMe (Reply 1):

Thank you, Thought i would of come across it a little sooner lol.

Why was a second flight added?
Metro Tower 135.0

PSU.DTW.SCE

Wed May 23, 2012 3:27 pm

DL has been operating 10x weekly DTW-LHR for awhile now.

The second flight frequencies are actually split as 3x weekly DTW 4x weekly ATL.

compensateme

Wed May 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Quoting speedbird203 (Reply 2):
Why was a second flight added?

Likely to balance network capacity into LHR. At the time it was added, DL had just dropped DTW-LGW (latter 757 service) and BA withdrew from DTW-LHR. ATL-LHR was only 10x-11x weekly as well, but LGW was still serviced with 333 aircraft.
You're not the CEO; you were a menial aircraft support mechanic intern, and that was four years ago.

speedbird203
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Quoting CompensateMe (Reply 4):

That might well explain it, I didn't know Delta dropped LGW, I remember when BA dropped LHR-DTW, I used to fly that route alot.

Anything ever been mentioned about BA returning to DTW? I suppose they wouldn't risk it considering DL operate DTW-LHR.
Metro Tower 135.0

compensateme

Wed May 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Quoting speedbird203 (Reply 5):
Anything ever been mentioned about BA returning to DTW? I suppose they wouldn't risk it considering DL operate DTW-LHR.

No, no rumblings about BA's return. The route would return if BA felt it could receive enough premium traffic, but I wouldn't forecast that anytime soon.

DTWLAX

Sun May 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Quoting CompensateMe (Reply 4):
Likely to balance network capacity into LHR. At the time it was added, DL had just dropped DTW-LGW (latter 757 service) and BA withdrew from DTW-LHR. ATL-LHR was only 10x-11x weekly as well, but LGW was still serviced with 333 aircraft.

I thought BA withdrew LHR-DTW about 5 years ago and DL dropped LGW and replaced it with LHR. The second LHR frequency is relatively new if I am correct.

Quoting speedbird203 (Reply 5):
Quoting CompensateMe (Reply 6):
No, no rumblings about BA's return. The route would return if BA felt it could receive enough premium traffic, but I wouldn't forecast that anytime soon.

BA may not return but i saw some posts here saying AA may look into the route with a 757. Not sure if that will ever happen now given AA's financial status.

skipness1E

Mon May 28, 2012 2:20 am

ATL-LGW was only dropped in March of this year.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Mon May 28, 2012 4:16 am

Quoting DTWLAX (Reply 7):

BA may not return but i saw some posts here saying AA may look into the route with a 757. Not sure if that will ever happen now given AA's financial status.

This was entirely a.net speculation and would've/should've/could've if/and/or had AA considered starting more 757 service from LHR. There is no more rumor here, just wishful thinking.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos