UA777lover
Topic Author

United Leaves OAK For The Last Time Today

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Sad to United pulling out of Oakland. People I know used to love flying out of OAK, well, with only 1 destination and that being dbver it was only a manner of time. Sad to se how little United thinks of the huge east at paggener base. Time will tell to see if they come back. I hope they do

wedgetail737

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Looking back to the late 1980's to the early 1990's, UA almost had a mini-hub at OAK, using most of the gates on the west side of Terminal 1, with flights to DEN, ORD, SEA, LAX, FAT, SNA and HNL. IAD didn't come into play until much later when B6 opened that flight.

Now, they've dwindled down to nothing. That's pretty sad!

fxramper

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:18 pm

No more AA now more UA.   

[Edited 2012-06-03 10:19:06]

AWACSooner

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:26 pm

I have a feeling that OAK is gonna turn into another DAL or HOU...completely and utterly dominated by WN...not that that's a bad thing.

BC77008

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Quoting AWACSooner (Reply 3):

And once WN decides to go international from OAK, we'll have UA threatening their employees at SFO with layoffs!
"He waited his whole damn life to take that flight. And as the plane crashed down he thought 'Well isn't this nice...'"

Jamake1

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:35 pm

United has been serving OAK since the 1930's. Sad to see United's operations ending after so many years. : (
United's B747-400. "She's a a cruel lover."

wedgetail737

Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Quoting fxramper (Reply 2):
No more AA now more UA.

And no more CO.

I have a feeling that OAK is gonna turn into another DAL or HOU...completely and utterly dominated by WN...not that that's a bad thing.

I think AS, HA, US and B6 will remain at OAK. NK will eventually build up OAK, giving some other airlines a run for their money. I have a feeling Volaris will go by the wayside like Taesa, Allegro Air and Azteca.

contrails15

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 6):
I think AS, HA, US and B6 will remain at OAK. NK will eventually build up OAK, giving some other airlines a run for their money. I have a feeling Volaris will go by the wayside like Taesa, Allegro Air and Azteca.

You won't see B6 adding anymore out of OAK. With focus on SFO and LAX on the west coast, OAK is the IAD of the east now for B6.
Giants football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zrs70

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Will OAK still be an alternative for SFO for UA?

A couple of years ago, my UA ICN-SFO 747-400 had to land in OAK because SFO was closed due to fog. We sat on the ground in OAK for about 1/2 hour, then hopped over to SFO. That flight was about 12 minutes in the air.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

BoeingGuy

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Quoting zrs70 (Reply 8):
Will OAK still be an alternative for SFO for UA?

I think you mean an alternate airport for diversions. That's a good question. Depending on circumstances airlines use SMF, OAK, FAT or SJC as alternates. I didn't think SJC was used very much but about ten years ago I flew into SJC on AS during a huge windstorm in the Bay Area. Numerous UA 767s and 777, and one AC A320 (this was after AC dropped SJC) were on the ground; and departed for the 35 mile flight for SFO late in the evening. Domestic passenger were allowed to debark instead at SJC if they choose.

Can Tom at SJC or anyone else shed some more light on which airports are primarily designated as alternates for SFO?

AeroWesty

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:14 pm

I remember when UA actually tried to make a stab at defending itself against WN at OAK, back in '91. They flew OAK-BUR something like a dozen times a day with mainline jets to save their presence there. It didn't work out—most of the tickets I bought were an unsustainable $29 each way—and now UA has finally succumbed to the lack of interest by passengers in using one of the Bay Area's most convenient airports. It's not like United didn't give them a chance!

Hopefully the new service on DL to LAX will be successful enough to encourage at least one major network carrier to remain at OAK along with US.
International Homo of Mystery

fxramper

Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Let them have it. Take SJC too.

warden145

RE: United Leaves OAK For The Last Time Today

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:22 pm

OAK's absolutely heading that way...I don't know where to find raw passenger data, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if WN handles over 50% of pax traffic out of OAK already, and it could well be higher.

Quoting BC77008 (Reply 4):
And once WN decides to go international from OAK, we'll have UA threatening their employees at SFO with layoffs!

ETOPS = Engine Turns Off, Passengers Swim

radicaldudejom

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:02 pm

It will be interesting to see how traffic, both in passengers and airlines, at OAK is effected by the completion of the BART "extension" in the next few years. To me the biggest problem with OAK is driving there, like any airport, is usually a hassle and that bus from the Coliseum BART is sometimes just plain scary.

[Edited 2012-06-03 14:09:35]
Sometimes, your cards aren't worth a dime, if you don't lay them down.

warden145

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:06 pm

I still remember the "dark" days of '06 and '07 when OAK was a construction zone with a runway bolted to it and a terminal duct-taped together as an afterthought, so I will say that things have improved since then...but, my main problem with OAK is that I literally have to drive past SFO to get there. Unfortunately, the only nonstops to BUR from SFO are on UA/OO and cost an arm and a leg...
ETOPS = Engine Turns Off, Passengers Swim

GentFromAlaska

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Quoting zrs70 (Reply 8):
A couple of years ago, my UA ICN-SFO 747-400 had to land in OAK because SFO was closed due to fog. We sat on the ground in OAK for about 1/2 hour, then hopped over to SFO. That flight was about 12 minutes in the air.

Along the same lines UA shuttled me by vehicle once from SFO to OAK because flights out of SFO were on a long delay due to the marine layer of fog. It seems to me UA left the wrong airport as fog is a common occurrence at SFO.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

macsog6

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Quoting radicaldudejom (Reply 13):
It will be interesting to see how traffic, both in passengers and airlines, at OAK is effected by the completion of the BART "extension" in the next few years. To me the biggest problem with OAK is driving there, like any airport, is usually a hassle and that bus from the Coliseum BART is sometimes just plain scary.

I have never been able to understand why OAK was by-passed when BART was being built as it is so close to the East Bay route. I fly into OAK quite a bit from RNO, but only when staying in the Bay area. Using OAK as a connector for an international flight out of SFO just really doesn't work as it just takes too long and, after dark, gets pretty scary as you said.

As far as UA shutting down in OAK, the port authority in Oakland did nothing to try and get them to stay just as they did not try anything with AA. OAK is busy with WN passenger flights and FedEx cargo flights and the powers at be seem to be quite happy with such situation. OAK is, from a weather perspective, a much better location, but few other carriers seem to want to go there.
Sixty Plus Years of Flying! "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Saint Ex

DesertAir

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:39 am

While living in the East Bay for a number of years I flew United from Oakland to LAX and Chicago on a number of occasions. I recall when Shuttle by United served Oak. Did TED every have flights from OAk¿ I also flew AA to DFW a few times. These pull outs is testimony to the power of WN with frequent service, reasonable fares and not a bunch of fees. For a blast from the past, I recall when Martinair also had seasonable service to Oakland. A BART extention to OAK would generate traffic. The connector bus was always a hassle: slow and crowded. Waiting at night from the bus at the BART station was always interesting if not a bit scary.

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:57 am

I bet you Delta will keep OAK for a legacy carrier presence. OAK is like LGB they are airports they serve pretty much to get passengers away from WN or B6 and protect its SLC dominance. Typing in a random date in July i saw 2xCR2, 1xCr7, 1x319, and 1x320. We all know Delta did do an excellent job protecting the SLC hub from the interest WN once had for it but i think they want to keep the pressure on and OAK and LGB will remain with service for that reason alone. US with OAK I think is pretty much the same idea but a merger with AA might make them want more consolidation and closures?

HPRamper

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:38 am

Quoting warden145 (Reply 12):
OAK's absolutely heading that way...I don't know where to find raw passenger data, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if WN handles over 50% of pax traffic out of OAK already, and it could well be higher.

Probably well over 50%. A lot of the flights on the other airlines are on RJ equipment in any case, so WN probably beats them out on seats AND flights.

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 18):
US with OAK I think is pretty much the same idea but a merger with AA might make them want more consolidation and closures?

Neither US nor AA has a hub in the Bay Area and neither is particularly huge at SFO so I don't think there would be much benefit in consolidating that much. Unless, of course, they decide to retrench and turn SJC into the area's Oneworld focus city...throw in the AS codeshare and the old AA frequent flyer base and that could be interesting.

AirCalSNA

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:40 am

I flew out of OAK about a month ago and it looked like they have built piers to bring the BART tracks into the airport. No?

AeroWesty

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:51 am

Quoting macsog6 (Reply 16):
I have never been able to understand why OAK was by-passed when BART was being built as it is so close to the East Bay route.

The BART District was formed in 1958 with the intention of moving commuters off the freeways. The first southern line opened in '74(?) and only went as far south as Fremont. OAK would have been a huge and unnecessary diversion.

HPRamper

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 21):
The BART District was formed in 1958 with the intention of moving commuters off the freeways. The first southern line opened in '74(?) and only went as far south as Fremont. OAK would have been a huge and unnecessary diversion.

I don't see what you mean as OAK is far north of Fremont.

AeroWesty

Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 am

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 22):
I don't see what you mean as OAK is far north of Fremont.

Correct, on the way to downtown Oakland and San Francisco.

legacyins

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:24 am

Quoting AirCalSNA (Reply 20):

They are not building BART into OAK. They are building a people mover system from the BART station to OAK. One more thing, you need to pay extra for that service. So, you will pay for your BART ride and then transfer to the people mover system. Waste of money, IMO.

At least at SFO, the BART trains actually go to the airport.

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:46 am

Sad to see UA leave OAK but i can easily see why.

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 19):

Neither US nor AA has a hub in the Bay Area and neither is particularly huge at SFO so I don't think there would be much benefit in consolidating that much. Unless, of course, they decide to retrench and turn SJC into the area's Oneworld focus city...throw in the AS codeshare and the old AA frequent flyer base and that could be interesting.

With a merger of AA and US i think they will want to close some stations. OAK might not be the best option but i could see it more from them than Delta thats all im saying. Especially since i think this merger if it ever were to actually happen could be very messing and incredibly complicated compared to DL/NW or UA/CO.

AA/US would need to become more efficient the last thing in the world they would want is a new focus city.

nethkt

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 am

RIP OAK, so long.
I don't think OAK is profitable for UA given that their hub SFO is located so closeby.

I hope SJC stays though, I hope the number of UA pax (I mean people who choose to fly UA over WN) stays strong.
But no wonder if UA finally pull out. SJC and OAK will gradually be just alternate airports for cheap domestic flights.

Off topic, but will ANA finally fly their 787 into SJC? With their international-cfg 787 being delivered so late, ANA can just pull out SJC easily.
Let's just blame it on yields.

AirCalSNA

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 am

Quoting legacyins (Reply 24):
They are not building BART into OAK. They are building a people mover system from the BART station to OAK. One more thing, you need to pay extra for that service. So, you will pay for your BART ride and then transfer to the people mover system. Waste of money, IMO.

At least at SFO, the BART trains actually go to the airport.

Good point. I also recently rode the people-mover system at SFO and found it to be really frequent and fast (and free).

AeroWesty

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:15 am

Hat tip to a poster on another board, for posterity's sake ...

UA726, the final UA flight out of OAK to DEN (on a 757, even!) got diverted to Cheyenne due to weather, arriving Denver three hours late. Oops!  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/U...6/history/20120604/0038Z/KCYS/KDEN

RWA380

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 am

Quoting warden145 (Reply 14):
I still remember the "dark" days of '06 and '07 when OAK was a construction zone with a runway bolted to it and a terminal duct-taped together as an afterthought,

I was living in San Francisco at this time frame, and used OAK as an easier way to get out of the bay area. I hated all the construction, and wished I had stayed long enough to see it completed.

Quoting macsog6 (Reply 16):
OAK is, from a weather perspective, a much better location, but few other carriers seem to want to go there.

It's not the monied side of the bay, and since WN, OAK has had an LCC reputation, face it, carriers had to keep lower fares from OAK than from SFO to compete. My last trip on UA from the bay area was to ORD for business, I could have paid over $400.00 bucks from SFO on a myriad of A320's, or instead fly from OAK for $198.00 r/t. My boss gave me some of his 1K upgrades and was able to confirm F right after ticketing, while out of SFO it would have been waitlisted. My return was via DEN, got my only star alliance 777 ORD-DEN Intl config, just came in from AMS, so I was in J, and from DEN to OAK, my one and only 735 I've ever flown in one of the 8 first class seats. Easy check in, easy out when I returned. I see exactly why they needed to pull out of OAK, when they can get twice the price flying from the other side of the bay.

Yes but you pay for the current bus transfer service from the Bart station to the airport now, what kind of people mover are they planning? It is quite a distance, you can't just do a moving walkway.
Next Flights: PDX-HNL-OGG-LIH-PDX On AS, WP & HA

legacyins

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 29):
Yes but you pay for the current bus transfer service from the Bart station to the airport now

That's the point, you need to pay on top of the BART fare.

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 29):
what kind of people mover are they planning? It is quite a distance, you can't just do a moving walkway.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...i?f=/c/a/2009/12/10/MNOE1B2FAE.DTL

UA735WL

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I fly quite frequently to the Bay Area from AUS, and have been noting OAK's decline (for lack of a better word) with legacy/full service carriers. Until late 2007/early 2008 the fares from AUS into OAK were far cheaper than the fares into SFO on any airline, and OAK was served by all of the legacies and then some. Now AA, CO, and UA are gone,and to fly into OAK has become much more expensive than SFO (at least for me!). I suspect (correct me if I'm wrong!) that the decline in the number of carriers and routes at OAK has been due to the expansion of BART (Bay Area Regional Transit for those that don't know) into SFO, and competition from WN at OAK. OAK's main advantage until BART was added was that it was much more easier to get to (versus SFO, which for many is a nightmare to drive to), and that the fares were generally lower. Now, though, with the BART train running from anywhere in the Bay Area directly into SFO's terminal, SFO has become far more accessible than before, resulting in many travelers switching from OAK (due to SFO's greater selection of destinations/carriers). Because of this, full service carriers have been able to cut costs (and fares) by pulling back to SFO but are able to retain their (former) OAK pax because of SFO's new ease of access.I also think that WN's low fares and their expansion of their largely O&D OAK operation have snatched pax from other airlines (Many domestic destinations served by legacy carriers from OAK through a connection in a hub city have non-stop competition from WN) and caused their OAK routes to be unprofitable. Couple that with the BART situation and it paints a picture that pretty much explains why many full service carriers have pulled out of OAK but maintained service to SFO. (all of this is speculation, so I welcome correction!)
"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions" -Tex Johnston

AA767400

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 25):
ith a merger of AA and US i think they will want to close some stations. OAK might not be the best option but i could see it more from them than Delta thats all im saying. Especially since i think this merger if it ever were to actually happen could be very messing and incredibly complicated compared to DL/NW or UA/CO.

It could go either way. With lower cost structures, it might stick around. Stranger things have happened. As far as being a complicated merger, no doubt, but the jury's still out on UA/CO. They've had several bumps along the road, and are not out of the woods yet. Great route combination, but not smooth logistically.

Time will tell...
"The low fares airline."

radicaldudejom

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:52 pm

The train to the airport is about half built. Most of the columns along the road have been built but the tracks have not been laid on top of them yet. I pass by there often and always see them working on it.

Here is artist rendition of what the thing will look like:
http://sf.streetsblog.org/wp-content...enbergerRd_P1_HRes3000px_small.jpg

Also, no one on here has mentioned it yet, but while we are on the topic of OAK, there is a lovely new control tower that has sprung up over the last couple of months that you can see for miles around. A lot of work is going on at OAK to improve the place. A lot of legacies seem to be leaves, but the place seems to be doing quite well.
Sometimes, your cards aren't worth a dime, if you don't lay them down.

RWA380

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 am

At one time OAK also served as the "alternate" airport for the Bay Area by International carriers, MP comes to mind, and wasn't there going to be some LCC type carrier flying from Asia to OAK at some point in the past. I know carriers like TransAmerica and World had decent sized operations there as well, not forgetting PE's 747's to JFK either.
Is there any chance OAK can ever be the LGW to the Bay area? Could a US based carrier with flights to Asia and feed from several key US cities ever end up making something workable from OAK? I know most people familiar with the bay area do consider OAK as an option, but those unfamiliar with the area have a hard time understanding why it could be better to fly OAK. Way shorter check in lines, way less delays, better weather, less congestion, smaller facility.

reality

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:29 pm

So, you will pay for your BART ride and then transfer to the people mover system. Waste of money, IMO.

You're forgetting that you pay a premium BART fare to go to SFO. For example, the one-way fare from Montgomery to SFO is $8.10. The fare from Montgomery to the Coliseum station (the transfer point for OAK) is $3.80. So even with an additional fare for the "people mover" to OAK it will probably still be cheaper to take public transportation to OAK. In either case, getting to these airports is pretty inexpensive compared to other metro areas.

(The distance from Montgomery to SFO, or, Montgomery to Coliseum is about the same.)
The current AirBART fare from Coliseum to OAK is $3.00. Could easily rise to $4.00 or $5.00 with the inauguration of the people mover tram, I suppose.

[Edited 2012-06-05 09:17:21]

toxtethogrady

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Supposedly, OAK-DEN was running in excess of 80% load factors, yet UA says it is not a moneymaker. Were the fares really that low?

olddominion727

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 1):

you are correct. and please don't forget the OAK-ONT, OAK-BUR flights on the 732's during the mid 80's. I had family down there. I only flew to BUR once but ONT quite often, and always on the $29 fares

olddominion727

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 pm

I was on an NWA flight about 5 years ago NRTSFO. It was still a 747 at the time and we diverted to SMF. I think it was because NWA didn't have the ground facilities for a 747 in SJC, and NWA had no service to OAK. SJC has seen JL 744 service in the past on two occasions as well as the Fry's Electronics 747SP...I think SJC is a much better UA alternative, BUT Terminal A in SJC has VERY limited gate space for them.

Lono

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 am

I remember UA had a scheduled SFO - OAK flight back in the 70's /80's.
It was a popular mileage building flight as I recall.
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

zrs70

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 am

Quoting Lono (Reply 39):

I don't think UA had a milage program in the 70's!
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

Byrdluvs747

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:19 am

Quoting zrs70 (Reply 40):
I don't think UA had a milage program in the 70's!

Correct. UA launched Mileage Plus less than one week after AA launched AAdvantage in May of 1981.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

Jamake1

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 am

Quoting Lono (Reply 39):

Indeed. At the time, most airlines including UA offered a minimum of 500 miles per segment. UA operated ORD-OAK-SFO and DEN-OAK-SFO flights during the early and mid-1980's...mostly on 727-100/200 aircraft.

KTVU Channel 2, the Oakland news affiliate that covers the East Bay had a nice news piece on UA's final day of service at OAK.

http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/oakl...nes-makes-final-flight-from/vb7BM/
United's B747-400. "She's a a cruel lover."

RWA380

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 am

Quoting toxtethogrady (Reply 36):
Supposedly, OAK-DEN was running in excess of 80% load factors, yet UA says it is not a moneymaker. Were the fares really that low?

Refer to my reply number 29, yes fares from OAK were almost always cheaper, by half often times. When I lived in San Francisco, I'd almost always take Bart and fly out of OAK when I could. I did lots of flights back to Oregon when I was living and working there. If I was going to PDX, I'd fly AS from OAK, much less expensive than SFO, better opportunities for upgrades and until a few years ago all 734's. If I was flying to RDM, then I only has UA from SFO on an EMB-120 n/s or a connection in PDX or SEA if flying from OAK. Now you can't hardly get a mainline jet to the bay area from PDX, thanks to VA for starting PDX today.

CV880

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Quoting reality (Reply 35):
You're forgetting that you pay a premium BART fare to go to SFO. For example, the one-way fare from Montgomery to SFO is $8.10.

Yes, and it's only $4.10 to Millbrae Station, across the 101 Freeway from SFO. This is the classic boondoggle of SF Politics. It cost an additional $500M to put the Bart Station at SFO, rather than running the people mover across the freeway to Millbrae. Bart only runs to the International Terminal, so domestic passengers have to transfer to the people mover to get anywhere else in the Airport or walk. The train frequency has been cut several times because of costs, so who screwed up here? In addition, the Airport did not have the funds to extend the people mover to the long term parking lot, so those pax have to take buses to the terminals. The people mover would have been much more functional in it's original plan, but the City wanted a Bart Station at the Airport, when the perfect transit hub was less than a half mile across the freeway, with Caltrain & Bart. What's even more insulting is that it costs $4.00 to ride that 1/2 mile from SFO to Millbrae in order to take Caltrain anywhere southbound towards San Jose, when the people mover would have been free and much less costly to build.

AeroWesty

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Quoting Lono (Reply 39):

Myself and hundreds of others used those flights to qualify for triple miles in 1988!

floorrunner

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 34):
not forgetting PE's 747's to JFK either

PE never flew to JFK. They flew to EWR.

ScottB

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Quoting warden145 (Reply 12):
.I don't know where to find raw passenger data, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if WN handles over 50% of pax traffic out of OAK already, and it could well be higher.

It already is and has been for several years. WN carried 73.6% of passengers at OAK from March 2011 through February 2012. At the traffic peak for OAK in 2007, WN carried over 63% of OAK passengers; they were also at 63% in 2002.

I have a feeling that OAK is gonna turn into another DAL or HOU...completely and utterly dominated by WN

Then I'm sure we'll hear the predictable whining about how WN has monopolized OAK and their unfair advantages in operating there.

Quoting UA735WL (Reply 31):
Now, though, with the BART train running from anywhere in the Bay Area directly into SFO's terminal, SFO has become far more accessible than before, resulting in many travelers switching from OAK (due to SFO's greater selection of destinations/carriers). Because of this, full service carriers have been able to cut costs (and fares) by pulling back to SFO but are able to retain their (former) OAK pax because of SFO's new ease of access.

Honestly, I think the availability of BART access to SFO is a relatively small factor in the decision over air service patterns. LGA is dominated by the full-service carriers and yet public transit access is wretched -- which is notable in the city with the nation's largest public transit system. MDW has excellent public transit access and yet the legacy carriers have nearly abandoned the airport for ORD.

The bigger factor is WN's control over pricing at OAK; the network carriers are unable to extract a fare premium, which makes the service unprofitable at their higher costs.

Lono

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Quoting zrs70 (Reply 40):

Didn't say they had mileage plan in the 70's.....
Also the OAK-SFO flight was a good non-rev flight
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!