HALFA
Topic Author

Hawaiian Announces Honolulu To Brisbane

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Hawaiian Airlines announced it's newest destination today, Brisbane, Australia!
This will be the second city in Australia served by HA.
The service will operate 3 times weekly on 767-300 Aircraft and will leave HNL at 10:20am and arrive there the next day at 4:00pm.

More here:

http://investor.hawaiianairlines.com...icle&ID=1706660&highlight=

Aloha,
HALFA

[Edited 2012-06-19 12:26:54]

[Edited 2012-06-19 12:28:19]
HA J Class Lie flats, coming soon to a plane near you........

rotating14

RE: Hawaiian Announces Honolulu To Brisbane

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Holy smokes!! They are on a roll!! Hopefully its not more than they can handle. Cheers to them though      

JetBlueGuy2006

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Congrats to HA!! Question for those who follow HA more than I do. Are they starting it off with the B767 and seeing how it does before potentially upping it to a A330?

Good to see them expanding. It will never happen, but would love to see them come to DTW.
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

rotating14

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Reply 2):

From the article:

Quote:
Hawaiian Airlines flight HA 443, will depart Honolulu at 10:20 a.m. every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, cross the international dateline and land in Brisbane at 4:00 p.m. the following day, in time for onward connections to destinations throughout Australia. Journey time is approximately nine hours.

The return service, flight HA 444, will depart Brisbane at 6:35 p.m. every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, cross the international dateline and arrive in Honolulu at 8:05 a.m. the same day, providing not only an early arrival into Honolulu, but the ability for passengers to connect with onward Hawaiian Airlines flights to Maui, Kaua'i and Hawai'i Island.

Hawaiian's Brisbane flights will be operated with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, seating 262 passengers in a two-class cabin – 18 in Business Class and 244 in Economy Class.

KLAXAirport

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Are they starting it off with the B767 and seeing how it does before potentially upping it to a A330?

I'm pretty sure they would start off with the 767 to see how the service would do.

Congrats to HA and great to see them expanding!     

kiwiandrew

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 pm

I can think of a certain poster in the Australian and New Zealand forums who should be excited about this. ( Although in his typical 'the glass is half full/the sky is falling' manner he will probably be upset that they have selected BNE over his beloved OOL nearby )

HALFA
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 pm

QANTAS747-438

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Quoting rotating14 (Reply 1):
Hopefully its not more than they can handle.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Whether it's a 767 or A330, where are these planes coming from?
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

HALFA
Topic Author

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Quoting QANTAS747-438 (Reply 7):
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Whether it's a 767 or A330, where are these planes coming from?

Hawaiian has taken delivery of 4 A330's in the past 4 months, with our newest aircraft arriving this week. Next week, SAN transitions to the A330 freeing up one more 767. Our daily OGG-LAX is seasonal service only operating in the summer months. Our 3rd HNL-PPG-HNL weekly flight is also a summer seasonal flight. The increased service between 0GG and SJC is also a summer seasonal upgrade. When the summer ends, the 767's used on these seasonal flights will be used to operate our new 3 times weekly flights to CTS and BNE, along with our NFL charters.

Aloha,
HALFA

CV880

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Quoting HALFA (Reply 8):
The increased service between 0GG and SJC is also a summer seasonal upgrade.

The Bay Area needs at least one HA nonstop to OGG year round.

So what is better for HA? Full blown merger with DL or continued operation under the HA name as a subsidiary?  

HALFA
Topic Author

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

Quoting CV880 (Reply 9):
The Bay Area needs at least one HA nonstop to OGG year round.

The Bay Area will have one HA nonstop to OGG year round. Once the busy summer season is over, the daily OGG-OAK will go back to 4 days per week, and the 5 times weekly OGG-SJC will go back to 3 days per week, operating on the 3 days per week when OGG-OAK isn't operating. This will be in addition to the daily SFO-HNL A330 service.

Aloha,
HALFA

GentFromAlaska

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 am

I'm guessing the 767 can fly the route on a tank of gas; or would HA have to stop and refuel in Pago-Pago America Samoa?
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

Bluebird191

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:14 am

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 11):

I'm guessing the 767 can fly the route on a tank of gas; or would HA have to stop and refuel in Pago-Pago America Samoa?

HA had their HNL-SYD service with their 767's which would overfly BNE enroute, and no refuelling stop is needed. Same with QF's 767's they utilise on the same route. Quite easily done - the BNE route saves 45 to 60 minutes of extra fuel they need to carry compared to the SYD route.

TruemanQLD

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:17 am

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 5):

Was just thinking the same thing!

It can definitely make it, they flew 767's to SYD for a long time (and QF still do) so BNE will be no problem!

Goods news for BNE and hopefully more successful than Air Australia was at it!

brilondon

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:26 am

Quoting rotating14 (Reply 3):

From the article:

Quote:
Hawaiian Airlines flight HA 443, will depart Honolulu at 10:20 a.m. every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, cross the international dateline and land in Brisbane at 4:00 p.m. the following day, in time for onward connections to destinations throughout Australia. Journey time is approximately nine hours.

The return service, flight HA 444, will depart Brisbane at 6:35 p.m. every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, cross the international dateline and arrive in Honolulu at 8:05 a.m. the same day, providing not only an early arrival into Honolulu, but the ability for passengers to connect with onward Hawaiian Airlines flights to Maui, Kaua'i and Hawai'i Island.

Hawaiian's Brisbane flights will be operated with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, seating 262 passengers in a two-class cabin – 18 in Business Class and 244 in Economy Class.

This also allows for connections to the mainland on other airlines especially code share partners DL, AA, and AS.
Rush for ever; Yankees all the way!!

747400sp

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:28 am

Are they starting it off with the B767 and seeing how it does before potentially upping it to a A330?

I hope so, a route like this should be serve by an faster and larger A332.

Congrats Hawaiian Air, a beautiful route for a beautiful airline.      

RWA380

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 am

Quoting brilondon (Reply 14):
This also allows for connections to the mainland on other airlines especially code share partners DL, AA, and AS.

Still requires a 20 hour layover outbound from the mainland USA connecting onwards to BNE. I would think they would want the connection traffic, but maybe they can fill most of the seats O/D. There are way worse places to layover however.
Next Flights: PDX-HNL-OGG-LIH-PDX On AS, WP & HA

HALFA
Topic Author

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:01 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 16):
Still requires a 20 hour layover outbound from the mainland USA connecting onwards to BNE. I would think they would want the connection traffic, but maybe they can fill most of the seats O/D. There are way worse places to layover however.

The majority of our Australian passengers are tourists heading to Hawaii on holiday, with a very small percentage continuing on to the US Mainland, and those that do continue on are usually going to Las Vegas. If any of the Queenslanders want to fly HA from LAS to BNE, they could take flight 17 which leaves LAS at 0155 and arrives in HNL at sunrise and then continue home to BNE at 10:20am without a 20 hour layover. It would just be a few hours.

Aloha,
HALFA

foxecho

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:31 am

Wooohooo finally a way for me to get to OOL without having to deal with LAX and SYD   Great luck to HA on the route!

Andrew
..uh, we'll need that to live......

RickNRoll

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 am

Why would a Brisbanite, from a tropical area with many tropical islands nearby, go to Hawii for a holiday? Melbourne and Sydney would intuitively seem more likely sources of tourists to me.

qfvhoqa

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 am

Quoting RickNRoll (Reply 19):
Why would a Brisbanite, from a tropical area with many tropical islands nearby, go to Hawii for a holiday? Melbourne and Sydney would intuitively seem more likely sources of tourists to me.

The same reason people from SYD do. In the Winter season the weather is too cold in the BNE area. And HNL has fantastic shopping compared to most of Australia.

I hope this flight does well for HA. I believe their reasoning for long layovers is that they are chasing O&D instead of through traffic.

qf002

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:27 am

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 5):
Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 13):
Was just thinking the same thing!

So was I!! Now we just have to wait for the inevitable "QF should have been doing this years ago! I hate QF. QF is stupid." thread...

That said, it will be interesting to see QF's response to this. Strategic never really posed much of a threat, but HA is much bigger and much more financially sound. They will probably be able to make tis route work at 3-4 a week, perhaps with more flights in the winter than the summer.

Would QF prefer to stick to their guns in SYD, or perhaps branch out to MEL/BNE to try and combat HA? HNL is very profitable at the moment apparently, so I doubt that this is a route they will be happy to concede too much ground on.

Quoting foxecho (Reply 18):

You could technically have gone via DFW and BNE on QF...

If you're looking for a big holiday away, you don't want to just get in the car and drive up the coast for a couple of hours... There's decent money in Brisbane, and while the Queensland Coast is beautiful (and warm through the winter...), it's like going on holiday to the beach up the road.

HNL is also about more than the beaches. The culture is very different, there's some incredible natural beauty aside from the beaches and there's a lot of history. The colonial roots, WW2 etc. and the shopping. Very different to a beach on the Queensland Coast.

[Edited 2012-06-19 20:47:12]

USAirALB

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:37 am

Congrats to HA! I was wondering when they were going to pursue an AU expansion. I hope ADL is next!
E135/E140/E145/E70/E75/E90/CR2/CR7/CR9/717/732/733/734/735/73G/738/739/752/753/762/772/77W/319/320/321/333/343

TruemanQLD

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 am

Quoting qf002 (Reply 21):
So was I!! Now we just have to wait for the inevitable "QF should have been doing this years ago! I hate QF. QF is stupid." thread...

That said, it will be interesting to see QF's response to this. Strategic never really posed much of a threat, but HA is much bigger and much more financially sound. They will probably be able to make tis route work at 3-4 a week, perhaps with more flights in the winter than the summer.

Would QF prefer to stick to their guns in SYD, or perhaps branch out to MEL/BNE to try and combat HA? HNL is very profitable at the moment apparently, so I doubt that this is a route they will be happy to concede too much ground on.

Hmm it will be interesting to see. I would think, if they do operate BNE it would be with JQ, and probably same schedule as HA, but they might decide its just going to take away SYD traffic, not much new traffic (which is a risk for HA) and just stick with SYD with QF and JQ

kiwiandrew

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:43 am

Why would a Brisbanite, from a tropical area with many tropical islands nearby, go to Hawii for a holiday?

Because nearly everything that swims in Australian waters will try to kill you?  

koruman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 am

I'm very pleased, and I'm already a HA Premier member so I'm comfortable using them. I'm actually writing from Maui, and when HA flew me here on Saturday I remember thinking how much I admire Hawaiian CEO Mark Dunkerley, and wishing that he (a Pom) would apply for the Air NZ CEO vacancy.

But then as we went past the A330 and 763 fleet I reflected that Hawaiian is really now a bigger fish than the stagnant Air NZ, and that Air NZ would probably be viewed as a step down.

Anyway, back to HNL-BNE.

The idea that Queenslanders are less likely than people from Sydney or Melbourne to holiday in tropical places is a strange one.

Firstly, we prefer to live in a warm place, where we may have a poolside lifestyle.

Secondly, our biggest city has no beaches whatsoever.

Thirdly, North Queensland is a $450+ return flight away, and prices there are much higher than in Hawaii.

Fourthly, "other tropical destinations" are either barely closer than from Sydney (Fiji) or require us to fly via Sydney or Auckland (Rarotonga) while Bali is as remote as London is from New York!

Fifthly, our climate sucks for beach holidays during most school holidays. Cairns is too wet at Christmas and often at Easter. Southeast Queensland is stinking hot and humid at Christmas and chilly in late June and September. And the beaches near Cairns boast jellyfish and crocodiles while the waves at the Gold and Sunshine Coasts are great for surfers but a problem for young families.

So we should be a very viable market, but there are two potential problems. Firstly, demand from Hawaii or the wider USA to Brisbane is negligible. And secondly, the market may well justify three times weekly service only during the school holidays.

[Edited 2012-06-20 01:06:16]

Max Q

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:20 am

It was sad to see Aloha go but there was never room for two Airlines in the Hawaii market, for years they battled with Ha over a market just 'too thin for two' with corresponding and consistent marginal or losing results for both.

HA has capitalised on its home base monopoly now and has done very well.

It is nice to see a US Airline that really has broken free of the usual mediocrity.

They have basically rebuilt, and expanded the network Continental had out of HNL before Frank 'the idiot' Lorenzo shut it down.
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

tayser

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:21 am

Air Canada for a wee while used to fly HNL-MEL on 763s (before Sept 11th) - BNE will be absolutely no problem.

Air Canada MEL-HNL Suspension (by ETA Unknown May 21 2002 in Civil Aviation)

IndianicWorld

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:37 am

Big news for BNE.

Pax wise it should do quite well for as long as the AUD stays strong, but yields we will have to wait and see.

ben175

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 am

Hopefully HA begin to interline/codeshare on DJ BNE-PER/ADL/MEL flights to try and scoop some connecting passengers from other Aussie cities. This is very exciting news! Good for Brisbane and all of Australia.

koruman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:01 am

Ben, you will find that as with SYD there will also be VA code on these flights, and VA will offer a comprehensive range of connections.

Flyingsottsman

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 am

Because even thow its lovely up in Far North Queensland, Hawaii is totaly different the sceanery, culture, the famous Volcanos National Park, and great shopping in Honolulu so I am sure Brisbanites would jump at the chance to get to the Aloha State.

Great news for BNE I didnt think HA would would ever fly to anywhere else other than SYD. Now I can only hope that if BNE works could HA wing its way down to MEL?

Watch out for QF if this route works for HA I reacon we might see a BNE/HNL service in QF metal or under the guise of JQ.

foxecho

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:57 pm

You could technically have gone via DFW and BNE on QF...

I'm nonrev I'd never make it with weight restrictions on that bird   ....my buddy in BNE interviewed one of the HA marketing guys today on the radio about this new route.

Andrew

[Edited 2012-06-20 06:18:17]

[Edited 2012-06-20 06:18:48]
..uh, we'll need that to live......

STT757

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Quoting Max Q (Reply 26):
They have basically rebuilt, and expanded the network Continental had out of HNL before Frank 'the idiot' Lorenzo shut it down.

The Honolulu hub was shut after Lorenzo, Ferguson dismantled the hub in 1993. The Wide bodies were redistributed to EWR for Trans-Atlantic growth, that and closing DEN and the reallocated narrow bodies from there to growing IAH were keys to CO's success later in the '90s

Over the years CO had from HNL the following nonstops:

Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, Guam, Tokyo, Johntson, Majuro, Kwajalein, Kosrae, Pohnpei, Truk, Nagoya, Tokyo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Denver, Houston, Newark, JFK, Tahiti, Fiji etc..

I see opportunities for HA to grow Brisbane to 4x weekly and add Cairns 3x weekly, Auckland 5x weekly, Melbourne 5x weekly, Vancouver 4x weekly and Guam daily.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

leothedog

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

We just flew Hawaiian from Sacramento to Honolulu and back on their 767-300s. It's about a 5.5 hour trip one way. I have to say the seats in coach are not comfortable. They have very little padding and my back and butt were not happy. I hope they have installed more comfortable seats for the 9 hour trip to Brisbane.
I've got things to see and people to do.

laca773

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Quoting Bluebird191 (Reply 12):

HA had their HNL-SYD service with their 767's which would overfly BNE enroute, and no refuelling stop is needed. Same with QF's 767's they utilise on the same route. Quite easily done - the BNE route saves 45 to 60 minutes of extra fuel they need to carry compared to the SYD route.

Not to mention HA has kept their 76Ws in wonderful condition compared to QFs.

Quoting STT757 (Reply 33):

I see opportunities for HA to grow Brisbane to 4x weekly and add Cairns 3x weekly, Auckland 5x weekly, Melbourne 5x weekly, Vancouver 4x weekly and Guam daily.

I was just going to ask about GUM. UA really has this market wrapped up. Any chance we'll see HA add GUM in the near future?

Congratulations to HA! I hope this market works well for them. What will be the next destination for HA in OZ Land?

chris7217
Crew

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Might be a little off the topic but as far as I know HA has no plans yet to join any airline alliance - or do they?

threeifbyair

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Quoting brilondon (Reply 14):

AS doesn't codeshare with HA anymore - that ended several years ago.

macsog6

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Quoting CV880 (Reply 9):
So what is better for HA? Full blown merger with DL or continued operation under the HA name as a subsidiary?

OMG, another "With whom is AS or HA (please choose one) going to merge?" question. I am hoping the smiley was indicating a joke.

Both AS and HA can stand on their own two feet (or on their own three - give or take a few - wheels) with DL or UA or anyone taking them over.
Sixty Plus Years of Flying! "I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Saint Ex

Viscount724

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Manila, Guam, Tokyo, Johntson, Majuro, Kwajalein, Kosrae, Pohnpei, Truk, Nagoya, Tokyo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Denver, Houston, Newark, JFK, Tahiti, Fiji etc..

Not all those points were served nonstop from HNL.

STT757

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 39):
Not all those points were served nonstop from HNL.

The island hoppers were obviously multiple stops, but everthing else was nonstop.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Max Q

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 am

The Honolulu hub was shut after Lorenzo, Ferguson dismantled the hub in 1993.

You are correct STT, my memory is failing me.

Ferguson was the idiot that shut down HNL, came up with 'Cal Lite' and drove the Airline off a cliff again.

I still think shutting down HNL was a mistake, Cal Lite was a huge one.

Cipango

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:59 am

Emirates, look out!  
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

RWA380

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

Quoting laca773 (Reply 35):
I was just going to ask about GUM. UA really has this market wrapped up. Any chance we'll see HA add GUM in the near future?

UA has a myriad of connecting opportunities at GUM & HNL, while HA would only be working the same way, mostly O/D to and from Hawaii. I don't see any reason HA would want to struggle to get GUM traffic enough to warrent the flight. Now if UA was operating to GUM out of SFO instead of Hawaii, I could see HA wasting no time taking the route on.

Quoting threeifbyair (Reply 37):
AS doesn't codeshare with HA anymore - that ended several years ago

Which is why NW then DL kept any of their non-stops from SEA, PDX stuck around a while but eventually ended, plus AS has taken the route and can either transfer DL fliers to SEA or fly DL medallions themselves to the Islands.

Quoting cipango (Reply 42):

Thats a good memory you got there, the only two I can see you missed was Portland and Seattle. And I never knew CO did NGO non-stop from HNL, cool I learned something.
Next Flights: PDX-HNL-OGG-LIH-PDX On AS, WP & HA

rjm717

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:39 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 43):
Goods news for BNE and hopefully more successful than Air Australia was at it!

Although Air Australia only lasted a short period, when HA offered their stranded customers a rescue fare they (HA) were full SYD-HNL for over a month, so clearly there is a market BNE-HNL. In addition, the majority of HA domestic connections thru SYD are to/from BNE over MEL.

When scheduled to connect with Virgin Australia this service eliminates the problem of curfew flights in SYD.

Quoting Flyingsottsman (Reply 31):
Watch out for QF if this route works for HA I reacon we might see a BNE/HNL service in QF metal or under the guise of JQ.

Yeah, right - but why would anyone bother?????? There is NO COMPARISON!

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 23):
I would think, if they do operate BNE it would be with JQ, and probably same schedule as HA,

That rings true to form - QF used to operate SYD-HNL as an AM flight, turning around at HNL midnight, until HA introduced their much more 'tourist- friendly' schedule. QF doesn't innovate - they copy.

R

DLNZ

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:24 pm

I have it on good authority that an announcement re: AKL will be made in late Jul, early Aug. Exciting times for HA and the New Zealand public, who haven't had a genuine alternative to NZ to HNL for many years...

Sydscott

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 pm

From a strategic point of view I actually can't see this having that much of an effect on QF or requiring a response from them. If anything it introduces a competitor onto a route that was ideal for Virgin to start from its home base. The BNE-HNL won't really compete with QF's BNE-LAX so from that point of view it's more complementary than anything. If I was JQ I'd be planning for a triangle MEL-BNE-HNL-MEL route or something like that which would allow the QF 767 services on SYD-HNL to be drawn down.

Quoting DLNZ (Reply 45):
I have it on good authority that an announcement re: AKL will be made in late Jul, early Aug.

That makes sense and is a logical hole to fill in the network.

koruman

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 am

Sydscott, the HA flight BNE-HNL won't compete with Virgin, but rather will become a VA-coded part of its virtual network, and there may well be more VA-coded sales than HA, given that over 90% of sales will come from the Australian as opposed to Hawaiian market.

Also, why would Qantas want to exit HNL, given that fares are at 85% of SYD-LAX levels even though the sectors are relatively shorter and the seating density is higher?

Sydscott

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 am

Quoting koruman (Reply 47):
Sydscott, the HA flight BNE-HNL won't compete with Virgin, but rather will become a VA-coded part of its virtual network, and there may well be more VA-coded sales than HA, given that over 90% of sales will come from the Australian as opposed to Hawaiian market.

I realise that. But if you're Virgin and you're looking at a nice, easy entry into the US market for an A330 ranged aircraft with lots of Australian demand, Honolulu is a no brainer. This means that VA will have to compete with someone if they wanted to do it themselves along with getting permission for an alliance. Whereas no HA means less complexity.

Quoting koruman (Reply 47):
Also, why would Qantas want to exit HNL, given that fares are at 85% of SYD-LAX levels even though the sectors are relatively shorter and the seating density is higher?

I said drawn down, not exit. QF is down to 3 flights a week on SYD-HNL with JQ going daily during the peak season. Depending on where their premium fares come from, if JQ were to start a MEL-BNE-HNL-MEL route that would mean some of those pax will choose a same plane JQ service rather than a connection in SYD. It depends on the source and mix of the revenue and I'd imagine a same plane service from MEL would take away some of those premium passengers from both the QF mainline service and from JQ on SYD-HNL.

Max Q

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:17 am

Ha's operation is inspiring and actually exciting, a rarity in the US Airline Biz.

My concern is, with their success they will inevitably become a take over target.

It would be a shame to see their unique operation swallowed up.