spiritair97
Topic Author

787 Fuselages At CHS

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:33 pm

I flew into CHS yesterday on flt 1174 from ISP and BWI, and got an overview picture from the plane before we lined up to land. When I looked over the picture, which includes the Boeing Plant, I see the Air India 787 sitting on the ramp, along with a few white structures that are too blurry to make out from the picture. Does anybody know if the structures are unfinished fuselages waiting or something else? Any info is grreatly appreciated.

tdscanuck

RE: 787 Fuselages At CHS

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Quoting spiritair97 (Thread starter):
Does anybody know if the structures are unfinished fuselages waiting or something else?

Without at least the blurry photo it's hard to tell, but there are two primary large white things that you typically see around Charleston: wings coming in to support the final assembly line, and completed fuselage center sections going from the ex-Global Aeronautica plant to the final assembly line or waiting for the Dreamlifter to take them to the final assembly line in Everett.

Tom.

spiritair97
Topic Author

RE: 787 Fuselages At CHS

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Quoting tdscanuck (Reply 1):
completed fuselage center sections going from the ex-Global Aeronautica plant to the final assembly line or waiting for the Dreamlifter to take them to the final assembly line in Everett.

It was probably that.