spiritair97
Topic Author

DAL LGA-MYR Started Early?

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 pm

I was just at MYR and noticed a Shuttle America (Delta colors) E-175 at the gate boarding for LGA. I checked flightaware and saw the DL has been running two flights on Saturdays between LGA and MYR. My question is, why are these flights running now? I know they are supposedly beginning a daily CR7 on July 10th, so why start hree weeks early with ,uch odd fruenciea? I also noticed that they are Shuttle America flights and not Compass Aorlines operated flights. Doesn't Delta just run Shuttle flights fron LGA to Boston, ORD, and DCA? My first thoughtwas that they could be testing the route see how it performs or maybe just utilizing an otherwise idle aircraft like they did with the JFK-SXM route. Any info?

indywa

RE: DAL LGA-MYR Started Early?

Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:25 am

Shuttle America is a seperate AIRLINE (part of Republic Airways Holdings) that is a regional operator for Delta. They also HAPPEN to operate the Delta Shuttle flights between LGA-DCA/BOS/ORD.

flyjoe

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 am

MYR has historically had a lot of weekend only flights. I know in years past on US, the only daily flights would be to CLT, but on the weekends, you could see nonstop flights to DCA, LGA, PHL, PIT, and BOS. I'm sure that what you see to LGA now is the same thing.

ocracoke

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:53 am

Quoting spiritair97 (Thread starter):

I was just at MYR and noticed a Shuttle America (Delta colors) E-175 at the gate boarding for LGA. I checked flightaware and saw the DL has been running two flights on Saturdays between LGA and MYR. My question is, why are these flights running now? I know they are supposedly beginning a daily CR7 on July 10th, so why start hree weeks early with ,uch odd fruenciea?

DL has been running LGA-MYR summer/seasonal/weekend service for a few years now. Has nothing to do with the slot swap. At one time, DL was even running a ORD-MYR nonstop. Well, Comair was, that is.

spiritair97
Topic Author

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:34 am

But is the supposedly daily Comair CR7 still going to start on July 10th? Plus, I have never seen or been able to book this flight.