My original thread regarding this topic is archived and closed so here it goes. Sure enough when looking at the arrival and departure monitors checking our flights at BWI, I noticed US took the gauntlet and has a non stop flight from BWI-MIA. I didn't see the times and not sure if this is daily or just weekends. At BWI as far back as I can remember there has always been at least two airlines that had a nonstop flight to MIA. What aircraft type takes out this flight? And it's only been three weeks since we terminated our once a day FL BWI-MIA flight.
While discussing BWI-MIA service this, is what I remember since I was a wee lad. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Airlines that had nonstop service from BWI-MIA
1. (Late 1950's till approx 1972) Eastern, National and Northeast
2. (1972 -1970) Eastern, National and DL* DL during the mid 70's had a flight that was BOS-BWI-FLL-MIA
3. (1980's) Eastern, People Express, and Piedmont Once Pan AM sucked up National it was ba bye to BWI.
4. (1990's to 2001) Eastern till it went under in 1991, US and AA
5. Post 911 to June 2012- FL and AA
6. The present: AA, US
I hope we can add us WN to this mix.