olddominion727
Topic Author

NH Start Date TYO-SJC..?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Does anyone know the start date of this flight? I've looked in Sabre and Worldspan but see nothing. I know SFO is right up the street but could UA add any new service to connect in SJC? I am not really sure if they even have the gate space in terminal A for more than a few flights.

Bobloblaw

RE: NH Start Date TYO-SJC..?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Quoting olddominion727 (Thread starter):
I know SFO is right up the street but could UA add any new service to connect in SJC?

Why would they? New service just to connect to one market? NRT? I highly doubt it, though AA did fly SJC-YVR and SJC-LAS long after the SJC hub was closed just for NRT connections.

whosee

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 pm

I recall reading somewhere the start up for SJC-NRT was postponed until next Spring.  

Senchingo

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Does anyone know the start date of this flight?

From their press release dated January 17 2012:

Quote:
[1] North America
We will make use of our gradually increasing number of Boeing 787s configured for long-distance international services to open a new route between Narita and Seattle, which is scheduled to open during the second-half of FY 2012. We are also making preparations to open a new route between Narita and San Jose during the course of FY 2012.
By further expanding our North American routes, we will strengthen our joint venture network with United Airlines (including Continental Airlines), capturing not only demand for flights between Japan and North America but also connecting flights from the Asian countries to North America via Japan.

mogandoCI

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:41 pm

I know SFO is right up the street but could UA add any new service to connect in SJC?

There's no need to. The flight is about the large (and rich) tech industry in Silicon Valley and the sizable amounts of VFR (the taiwanese in cupertino ... the koreans in sunnyvale .... etc). The UA base that reside in South Bay alone is enough to sustain this flight.