illinoisman

WN Makes Offer To Frontier's Frequent Fliers

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 am

Now WN is simply giving away free Rapid Rewards points to any Wisconsin resident who proves they have miles on their F9 account? Sign me up! Looks like I'll be doing a little double-dipping on DL/WN.   

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sou...in-earlyreturns-members-2012-06-26

"DALLAS, June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Southwest Airlines LUV +1.26% is committed to Wisconsin frequent flyers and has launched a promotion to help Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns members find their new airline of choice! Through Aug. 31, 2012, Southwest Airlines will match Frontier EarlyReturns members' miles with an equal number of points (up to 50,000) in the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards program. For more information about this promotion, please visit http://www.southwest.com/rr-points-wisconsin .

In addition to matching EarlyReturns members' miles with Rapid Rewards Points, Southwest Airlines and its subsidiary, AirTran Airways®, also are offering Wisconsin EarlyReturns Ascent and Summit members complimentary Rapid Rewards A-List status and A+ Rewards Elite status.

"Southwest Airlines proudly offers our award-winning Customer Service and robust route network to the people of Milwaukee," said Kevin Krone, Southwest Airlines Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Distribution."

burnsie28

RE: WN Makes Offer To Frontier's Frequent Fliers

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:16 pm

So they are doing basically what Delta is doing, except Frontier is working with DL on this, plus Delta will allow some Elite status.

Josh32121

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Quoting IllinoisMan (Thread starter):
Looks like I'll be doing a little double-dipping on DL/WN

Where's the DL double-dipping come in?

Polot

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Quoting Josh32121 (Reply 2):

DL/F9 are working together to offer Skymiles to Wisconsin F9 frequent flyers (since F9 is cutting back so much there). The OP means that he is going to try and get the free miles on both DL and WN.

TVNWZ

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Quoting Josh32121 (Reply 2):

You send a copy of your F9 account to WN and get the WN miles. Then you transfer the F9 miles to DL. You get both WN and DL miles.

mke717spotter

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, unfortunately I transferred my miles to DL almost right after the initial offer came out, so am I pretty much out of luck? On F9's website it does show the total transferred miles under "account activity", but I'm not sure if a screenshot of this would be satisfactory. Or would it be worth a try to take a screenshot of my F9 profile but photoshop the picture to make it seem like I still have the miles? lol
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

TVNWZ

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Quoting mke717spotter (Reply 5):

Worth a shot.

wwtraveler99

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Or would it be worth a try to take a screenshot of my F9 profile but photoshop the picture to make it seem like I still have the miles? lol

I am sure Southwest would not care as you would simply lose their A-list status if you dont fly them. The idea befhind it is that if you are given the point and status you will book with them.

WW

mke717spotter

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Alright well I emailed them the other day but I still haven't gotten the points to my account. Has anyone else had their points credited yet?
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

ouboy79

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Quoting mke717spotter (Reply 8):
Alright well I emailed them the other day but I still haven't gotten the points to my account. Has anyone else had their points credited yet?
http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/rr-points-wisconsin.html

Please allow four to six weeks from the date of submission for matching Rapid Rewards Points and tier status to post to your account.

Well, unfortunately I transferred my miles to DL almost right after the initial offer came out, so am I pretty much out of luck? On F9's website it does show the total transferred miles under "account activity", but I'm not sure if a screenshot of this would be satisfactory. Or would it be worth a try to take a screenshot of my F9 profile but photoshop the picture to make it seem like I still have the miles? lol

Per the terms: Valid Frontier EarlyReturns mileage reflected in your account between June 26, 2012 and August 31, 2012.

So WN will go off of what you balance is shown dated for June 26th. If you already transferred them off, you will get turned down.

mke717spotter

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Quoting ouboy79 (Reply 9):

I was asking because other people seemed to getting their points credited only a few hours after emailing WN, yet for me it had already been over a day and still nothing. So I emailed them again today and then a few hours later the points showed up on my WN account, but they accidentally did it for both emails so I ended up with double the points! 

skycub

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Quoting wrldtvlr (Reply 11):
Add DEN travelers to the MKE offer:

Southwest Airlines Offers Complimentary Rapid Rewards® A-List Membership To Colorado EarlyReturns® Ascent And Summit Members

Isn't that what this whole thread is about???  
My opinions are my own. They are not representative of my employer, my union or my co-workers. They are all mine.

ridgid727

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:18 am

What a marvelous marketing idea. Kudos to WN

wrldtvlr

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:23 am

Quoting skycub (Reply 12):

Well, no, the original post and subsequent replies were about Wisconsin travelers. My link was to the offer to Colorado travelers.

ouboy79

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:38 am

Quoting skycub (Reply 12):

This thread originally was just MKE only. There was a new one today about DEN (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5501233/) but it looks like they just deleted it instead of merging it.

So recapping what I posted in there...

Queue up Dave "They're coming to kill us" Siegel...

http://www.forbes.com/2004/03/25/0325autofacescan02.html

"Southwest is coming to Philadelphia in May...and they're coming for one reason: they're coming to kill us," Siegel said in a company update broadcast to employees over the Internet.

LoneStarMike

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:03 am

Quoting wrldtvlr (Reply 11):
Add DEN travelers to the MKE offer:

If I'm reading all the press releases correctly, the DEN offer is different from the MKE offer.

The MKE offer is open to all Early Return Members. WN will match their miles up to 50,000. In addition, Early Return Ascent and Summit members will get complimentary A-list membership.

The DEN offer is only open to Ascent & Summit members, and they'll only get A-list membership. WN isn't matching miles in the DEN offer.

LoneStarMike

sideflare75

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Correct. Wisconsin people are getting miles and status, Denver only status. Got my miles today and the wife got her miles and status also. Now to transfer them to Delta. Won't be needing those ER miles anymore.