readytotaxi
Topic Author

A Change In Airport Profiling To Come?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:20 pm

A report in the London Sunday Times today suggests that Al-Qaeda are recruiting radicalised westerners to evade airport security checks.According to "intelligence sources" a Norwegian convert has been at a Yemen training camp.
Another nickname given to these people is "clean skin", they have absolutely NO criminal past of any kind.
The report says that Al-Qaeda want to bring down an American aircraft in the run up to the Olympics.

I guess the security lines will get a bit longer, but then, what does a terrorist look like?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

SonomaFlyer

RE: A Change In Airport Profiling To Come?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Doesn't matter what they look like; unless they are successful in smuggling a bomb on board an a/c (or weapons)...they won't succeed. Also passengers I think have a bit more "situation" awareness and will intervene more quickly in the event someone rushes the armored cockpit door.

MHTripple7

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Perhaps profiling on travel patterns might be a more useful way of doing things. Is the technology there to even do that?

NASCARAirforce

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:56 pm

Maybe they will recruit 85 year old ladies in wheelchairs and 5 year old girls wearing Minnie Mouse ears - maybe the TSA was onto something all along.

garpd

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:57 am

Quoting sonomaflyer (Reply 1):
Doesn't matter what they look like; unless they are successful in smuggling a bomb on board an a/c (or weapons)...they won't succeed. Also passengers I think have a bit more "situation" awareness and will intervene more quickly in the event someone rushes the armored cockpit door.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's extremely unlikely anyone will get past the security checks with any form of explosives on their person.
Bags are triple checked and then checked again before being loaded on an aircraft.
Hijacking won't work either. The recent Chinese incident proves that.

The only possible avenues I can see being attempted are a ground based attack or an inside job.
arpdesign.wordpress.com