LAXintl
Topic Author

Virgin America Debuts Its Banana Republic Uniforms

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Bay Area companies known for their distinctive style, have teamed up to create a new line of uniforms for Virgin America’s 2,000+ front-line employees.

Slide show:
http://www.gadling.com/photos/virgin...a-uniform-updates/5149040/#5149040

New Banana Republic designed uniforms will debut on August 8th.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

SonomaFlyer

RE: Virgin America Debuts Its Banana Republic Uniforms

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Sharp! It's good to see them tweaking the brand image and going a non-traditional route.

FWAERJ

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:17 pm

How long will it be before Banana Republic's largest competitor, Express, dives into the airline uniform design business?

That said, this is a very good fit for VX (pun intended).
"Did he really need the triple bypass? Or was it the miles?"

AirPacific747

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I don't like the pilots' uniform.. way to laissez faire for my taste..

N757ST

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm

As a pilot, I can say without doubt that those pilot uniforms are disgraceful.

laca773

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Congratulations to VX for introducing new uniforms for their flight crews and they're not from Cintas!
I like the red piping.
Can someone tell me if that's brown, or black on those dresses? Brown would seem a bit odd to me.
Do they have ties for the men to wear?

A really important thing to mention here is Banana Republic is based in San Francisco, along with the Gap! It's great VX decided to go with a company based in their hometown!

DH8PU

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:52 pm

I do like the FA uniforms, especially the red topper coat, it really stands out, certainly better the the usual black or navy blue.

I do have to agree, don't like the pilots uniforms, too casual and laid back.
Cabin secure and doors checked

goldenstate

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Thread starter):
Bay Area companies known for their distinctive style, have teamed up to create a new line of uniforms for Virgin America’s 2,000+ front-line employees.

Trying so hard to play up the Bay Area image = obvious sign of a transplant.

Negative operating margins and unsustainable financial outlook = not in style among Bay Area corporate anchors unless you are HP or Yahoo.

DocLightning

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 3):
Quoting N757ST (Reply 4):

As a pilot, I can say without doubt that those pilot uniforms are disgraceful.

I have to agree. VX currently has their pilots wear black trousers and a black button-down shirt, no tie. I understand that VX wants to be "different," and more "relaxed/hip," but I, as a passenger don't want them to be "different" in the cockpit. Now, please understand that I'm NOT saying that VX pilots are less professional than any other airline's pilots. I'm saying that their uniform doesn't LOOK as professional. I also don't like their policy of the pilots introducing themselves by first name over the PA and seeming to avoid the terms "pilot" or "captain." It seems as if VX wants me to think that this is just another dude in the cockpit.

Look, *I* know it's fine, but to the average passenger, I think the casual attitude that VX likes cockpit crew to take might be a bit disconcerting to some less-versed customers, particularly the nervous flyers. I'm trusting my life to these people, after all.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

sq_ek_freak

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 8):
I have to agree. VX currently has their pilots wear black trousers and a black button-down shirt, no tie. I understand that VX wants to be "different," and more "relaxed/hip," but I, as a passenger don't want them to be "different" in the cockpit. Now, please understand that I'm NOT saying that VX pilots are less professional than any other airline's pilots. I'm saying that their uniform doesn't LOOK as professional. I also don't like their policy of the pilots introducing themselves by first name over the PA and seeming to avoid the terms "pilot" or "captain." It seems as if VX wants me to think that this is just another dude in the cockpit.

That said, I do like it that they come out of the flight deck to give their pre-departure speech. Nice to put a face to the voice and I'd imagine it calms possible nervous fliers down a bit. I think JetBlue does the same?

I do also like that the cabin crew refer to themselves as in-flight team. Just rather like the way it sounds.

Look, *I* know it's fine, but to the average passenger, I think the casual attitude that VX likes cockpit crew to take might be a bit disconcerting to some less-versed customers, particularly the nervous flyers. I'm trusting my life to these people, after all.

On the whole I agree and you're being totally reasonable here. I think their flight deck uniform is great, but also agree that a tie would make it much better.

Per VX's old uniforms, I really like what the women wear - super simple and sleek, fits their image. I really detest what the guys wear though, I really think that a tie (possibly in the same pattern as the women's scarf) would go a long way. I don't like the black on black unbuttoned shirt combo.

I actually do like the new uniforms - the women's look is awesome, and good to see they added a dress option. The pilot's look is fine if they add a tie to it. The guys look is an upgrade from the old version, but I still think it needs a tie.
Keep Discovering

VXCabinCrew

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:30 pm

I completely understand what your point-of-view is, but at our company we are all treated equally. It adds to the familial environment we have. And the feedback we get from our guests reflects that. They appreciate that our pilots are casual and friendly. We don't run on a hierarchy at VX. I always invite our nervous fliers into the flight deck during boarding to spend time with the pilots. It wows the guests and, most of the time, it calms them down to have a friendly chat with the pilots and learn who they are. A lot of people are nervous to fly because they don't feel like they are in control of the plane. A voice over the PA doesn't help them feel better. But being able to relate to and chat with the pilots and learn their names makes them feel much more comfortable.

Quoting laca773 (Reply 5):
Congratulations to VX for introducing new uniforms for their flight crews and they're not from Cintas!
I like the red piping.
Can someone tell me if that's brown, or black on those dresses? Brown would seem a bit odd to me.
Do they have ties for the men to wear?

A really important thing to mention here is Banana Republic is based in San Francisco, along with the Gap! It's great VX decided to go with a company based in their hometown!

Thanks for your compliments! We are really excited. After the unpleasantness of the union's attempt to get involved with us last year, and some not-so-exciting financial results, we are really looking forward to the nice morale boost these uniforms are going to provide us. I know it's just clothes, but it feels so much better going to work when you look good. We're all excited to take to the skies on August 8! And I know our guests will respond very favorably. We did the fittings for these from Jan - Apr this year and it was such a tease not to get them until August! To answer your question, there is no brown. It is all based off of a charcoal - steele color palette.

AirPacific747

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Quoting VXCabinCrew (Reply 10):
I completely understand what your point-of-view is, but at our company we are all treated equally. It adds to the familial environment we have. And the feedback we get from our guests reflects that. They appreciate that our pilots are casual and friendly. We don't run on a hierarchy at VX. I always invite our nervous fliers into the flight deck during boarding to spend time with the pilots. It wows the guests and, most of the time, it calms them down to have a friendly chat with the pilots and learn who they are. A lot of people are nervous to fly because they don't feel like they are in control of the plane. A voice over the PA doesn't help them feel better. But being able to relate to and chat with the pilots and learn their names makes them feel much more comfortable.

And that is all very nice but what does that have to do with their uniforms? Pilots can be friendly and show passengers the cockpit and still wear some uniforms that symbolize authority..

Today I saw a Lufthansa crew and wow their uniforms are just perfect IMO.. you have a lot of respect for the pilots the second you see them. The way it should be I think   my own uniform is not nearly as nice as theirs.

VXCabinCrew

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 11):
And that is all very nice but what does that have to do with their uniforms? Pilots can be friendly and show passengers the cockpit and still wear some uniforms that symbolize authority..

You're missing my point. We're not trying to show authority at VX. We work as a team. And our teammates and guests appreciate that =)

AirPacific747

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Quoting VXCabinCrew (Reply 12):
You're missing my point. We're not trying to show authority at VX. We work as a team. And our teammates and guests appreciate that =)

I am not missing your point. I just disagree with that philosophy. I work as a team with our cabin crew members as well and they are also treated equally but I do appreciate a uniform that makes me stand out just a tiny bit.

[Edited 2012-07-12 12:09:52]

VXCabinCrew

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 13):
I am not missing your point. I just disagree with that philosophy. I work as a team with our cabin crew members as well and they are also treated equally but I do appreciate a uniform that makes me stand out just a tiny bit.

And I totally agree with most of your points. I'm not disputing that with you. It would look very weird to me if LH, BA, AF, or pilots for most airlines had the same type of uniforms as cabin crew (especially if the cabin crew had casual uniforms like we do). I think there is something very distinguished about pilots looking "official". But it wouldn't fit well with our culture at VX. That's all I'm saying. We're talking about VX. Our pilots want the casual look and our guests expect it. We're a very close team - we all hang out on layovers, we all have teambuilding training together - and the uniforms and "uniform" of the style emphasizes our culture. It works well for us.

Now if you want to talk about other airlines, I completely agree with you  

SonomaFlyer

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Quoting VXCabinCrew (Reply 14):
we all have teambuilding training together

It would be nice if some other airlines engaged in this sort of training here in the U.S.

Go VX!

AirCalSNA

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I agree ... After I read your post I had to go back and look at the pics again because I thought the pilot was a flight attendant the first time through! I wonder how often VX pilots will be asked to fetch drinks.

[Edited 2012-07-12 12:54:34]

But VX pilots seem to be required to be "accessible." On a recent LAS-SFO flight we were held in LAS for several hours due to SFO fog, and the pilots hung around at the gate and conducted a trivia contest for the passengers, with free drinks awarded to winners.

[Edited 2012-07-12 12:57:40]

stlgph

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm totally with you and I think it's great. I don't care what the pilots wear - they can show up in their pajamas for all I care.

What they wear or don't wear has nothing on what they are capable of doing or not doing. Where I work, I'm surrounded by people in suits and ties, numerous folks on my team and those who report to me show up that way and hell, many of them wear make up (we have a full make up/style department here -- hell, they're cutting my hair here in about 10 minutes) ... yet, every day I wear casual jeans, colorful tennis shoes, and *most* of the time a button down shirt and often a fancy skinny tie. You should see me on Fridays. Never am I questioned at my job or of my authority I can exert because of how I dress.

Go Virgin.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

EasternSon

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:19 pm

I've found that Banana Republic clothing looks great if you're young and in great shape - just like these models.

When you're older and a little softer, their cuts and styles are not flattering or comfortable.

I'll be looking forward to seeing a 45 yr old pilot, a little paunchy around the waist, struggling to keep his shirt tucked in as he drags his flight bag between gates.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

hiflyeras

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm

I just assumed in the photos that the male was a Flight Attendant, not a pilot, but now I see the epaulets with stripes. I don't think the new uniform shows much distinction between the male FA and the male pilot...and if that is the corporate philosophy and goal then they've succeeded. What do the female pilots wear? You'd think they'd have been included in the shoot.

WROORD

Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:59 pm

What happened with glamour and elegance of the old days? These days airlines are turning into flying buses and their employees are to wear cheap chic uniforms made in China.

ytz

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't get the complaints on pilot uniforms. Ever seen military flight suits? Most comfortable thing for aircrew to wear and exceptionally functional. If you see a guy or gal wearing one, do you feel less confident because they don't have a tie on?

I'd venture to say the average person doesn't give a hoot about what the pilots wear. They just care about the pilots flying the aircraft from point A to point B safely and expeditiously.

DocLightning

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 pm

This harks back to the same argument over whether doctors should wear ties and white coats. In the end, some patients like it one way and some patients like it the other way.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

ContinentalFan

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 pm

The way those uniforms are cut, it looks like you can't work for VX if you're a fattie (or even just a little soft).

ikramerica

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 9):
That said, I do like it that they come out of the flight deck to give their pre-departure speech. Nice to put a face to the voice and I'd imagine it calms possible nervous fliers down a bit. I think JetBlue does the same?

I always like that the pilots are in the cockpit, working. Makes me feel like they are focused on flying. I really don't need them to introduce themselves, tell me the weather, update during flight. The F/As can do that.

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 13):
I am not missing your point. I just disagree with that philosophy.

I love this quote. It's so common these days that if you don't agree with a POV, you are "missing the point" of it, because, it's obviously right and the only way you couldn't see that is if you didn't understand the point.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ghifty

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 pm

While I personally prefer the more formal and distinguished look for the pilot, I can definitely understand what VX is going for here.

In my mind, the average public will probably feel more "at ease" during flight if they can relate to the flight crew. It's harder for some people to relate to "people in suits" because of the inherent amount of authority such attire demands.. but, at the same time it comforts some (like me).

Quoting ytz (Reply 21):
If you see a guy or gal wearing one, do you feel less confident because they don't have a tie on?

That's like telling the people who work at McDonald's to wear a suit. Civil aviation is not comparable to military aviation.
Fly Delta Jets

sq_ek_freak

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 pm

More photos over at the Huff Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/melani...a-rep_b_1662787.html#slide=1209942

They have a lambskin jacket as part of their uniform set!??

I like that jumper on the male flight attendants too...
Keep Discovering

RyanairGuru

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I, as a passenger don't want them to be "different" in the cockpit. Now, please understand that I'm NOT saying that VX pilots are less professional than any other airline's pilots. I'm saying that their uniform doesn't LOOK as professional.

I agree entirely. Call me old fashioned, but I feel that male employees should wear ties (pilots and fa/csa). And wearing a tie doesn't of itself give rise to a stuffy image, a competent fashion designer could take the female uniform in those pictures and turn it into something really chic and exciting.

Instead it looks like they've put 99.98% of the effort into the female uniform, and then went to grab a dark shirt and pants of the discount rack.

It adds to the familial environment we have.

I don't disagree with the idea of all employees wearing the same uniform at all, just the choice of it. I work as a sales assistant at a large public retailer, and I go to work wearing the same uniform as the CEO and every person in between.

Just as an aside, reading your comments I was reminded that the old Virgin Blue pilots used to wear chinos, an open shirt and bomber jacket. Since the rebranding as Virgin Australia they've gone all traditional with black suit, black pants, white shirt, black tie and hat. The significance of this is that I am not aware of this making any difference to the "culture" beyond the general changes that were part of the rebranding exercise.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

rikkus67

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey VX...

Coming from Canada, and having more Eurpean influence in our fashion, I have to agree with you 100%. I am 45, have travelled extensively on many different carriers, and have seen the gamut from "world class" to "Extra LLLLLLC" uniforms.
I believe the designers took a fresh and modern approach to give everyone at the airline a familial look. The philosophy reminds me of my (now) hometown airline Westjet... where the entire workforce is known as "Westjetters". The philosophy has worked well here, and has allowed them to expand greatly over their humble regional carrier beginnings back in 1996.

The uniforms look great... Understated, but with just a touch of British flair...and yes, that goes with (what appears to be the contentious) Pilot Uniforms. It's refreshing to see a fresh look on the guys up front! I wish you all at Virgin continued success, and wish you a bright future!
AC.WA.CP.DL.RW.CO.WG.WJ.WN.KI.FL.SK.ACL.UA.US.F9

ROSWELL41

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Frankly, the management at VX just wants their pilots to feel no different than the FA or the ramper. This is a technique designed to get them to accept less when it comes to compensation. VX isn't the first airline to go down this path. I think the uniform looks silly. I feel sorry for their pilots.

spacecadet

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 18):
I've found that Banana Republic clothing looks great if you're young and in great shape - just like these models.

When you're older and a little softer, their cuts and styles are not flattering or comfortable.

I was thinking something similar when I saw these photos. Of course everyone always photographs new uniforms (or any kind of clothing) on attractive models with toned (if not outright skinny) bodies, and the clothes are actually customized to fit even better just for the photo shoot.

But if you try to ignore the shape of the models and just look at the clothes themselves... I mean take the first F/A uniform picture, which is literally just the most basic black one-piece as you can get, accessorized with a scarf and thin red belt. Accessories are important - I'm not saying you shouldn't consider them - but there's certainly nothing all that special about a scarf (airlines have been using them continuously in this way since at least the 1970's) or a belt. And if you're going to be coloring the whole thing black (or dark grey), then the belt pretty much has to be a color other than black.

I'm saying these are really, really basic uniforms that, once you see them on a regular person that doesn't have the body of a ballerina, are going to look as basic as they are. Add in the fact that the scarves will probably get taken off 5 minutes after the start of a shift, and I'll bet these are going to look downright dumpy in actual use.

[Edited 2012-07-12 14:54:06]
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

usflyer msp

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 pm

I don't like the new uniform. Too casual and slim fitting. It will look terrible on a typical (i.e. somewhat overweight) US worker.

ual777

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Quoting ROSWELL41 (Reply 29):
Frankly, the management at VX just wants their pilots to feel no different than the FA or the ramper. This is a technique designed to get them to accept less when it comes to compensation. VX isn't the first airline to go down this path. I think the uniform looks silly. I feel sorry for their pilots.

ding ding ding! You win the prize. That pilot uniform is ugly. Give it a tie and some brass.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

mcdu

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Those pilot uniforms are a disgrace to the profession. Much like the "were all equals" spiel you keep broadcasting. The hard facts are the Captain needs to be the leader and while you can call him "Pete" or "Tom" he is still the Captain and is the person that signs for the flight with all the legal ramifications. As a teammate are you called to the cockpit to decide which direction the teammates should divert around a line of thunderstorms? Do the teammates have a get together to discuss the Windshear recovery maneuver prior to entering conditions ripe for an encounter? The FA's are not co-captains or even co-co-pilots.

You can have your opinion and you guys have your huggy-wuggy atmosphere. But the cold reality is that VX is a money loser and these uniforms are publicity stunt. The pilots looked like waiters are bad restaurants prior to this and now they are indistinguishable from the cabin crew with those ridiculous get ups.

The sooner you guys go the way of the dodo bird the better. It is a shame what this industry has devolved into thanks to operations like VX.

I completely understand what your point-of-view is, but at our company we are all treated equally.

DeltaMD90

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Flight attendant ones look ok but the pilots look unprofessional. I hear they're trying to have a team environment or whatever, but the captain IS the authority whether they other crew members like it or not. He's legally responsible and what he says goes. I don't like companies going by first names either, it seems unprofessional. There's a difference between being friendly to passengers and being the passengers' friends, JMO...
Ironically I have never flown a Delta MD-90 :)

LAXintl
Topic Author

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Maybe I have lived in the air freight world too long, but I could care less what a pilot wears.

Personally I'd opt for comfort, instead of a zoot suit. I've flown with people wearing everything from shorts and t-shirt to one that likes fleece PJ's.

I don't have any problem with LCCs trying to be a bit unique, look at some of the Asian ones with simply a golf shirt. VX wants to go a bit trendy, so that works also.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:18 pm

What's wrong with the current uniforms? Are they getting the new ones free from BR?
E pur si muove -Galileo

Braniff747SP

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 pm

For cabin crew, it looks great--hip, clean, nice. For pilots, however, I like it the old school way. Caps with scrambled eggs, suit, tie, the whole thing. The pilot should look formal; the cabin crew is a different story.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

Type-Rated

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 pm

I have found that anytime you deviate from the standard issue pilots uniform, the pilots aren't going to like it.
It's like they have earned the right to wear it. And the uniform also represents authority. Take it away and they feel like they have "lost the authority".

Another thing I have found. While pilots seem to like black and navy blue uniforms most of them hate brown uniforms. Anyone know the reason why?
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

flyfitch

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Quoting mcdu (Reply 33):
The sooner you guys go the way of the dodo bird the better. It is a shame what this industry has devolved into thanks to operations like VX.
Quoting N766UA (Reply 34):
Also, I'll echo the sentiment that I want professional, not hipster douchebag. Even worse… nazi hipster douchebag. Only in California!

Looks like you two are having bad days   wah wahh. I love how this thread goes from talking about the new VX uniforms, to wishing the demise of VX, and someone else comparing the company to nazi hipster douchebags. I think you two, and many others on this forum so don't feel alone, need to hop on a Virgin America flight to somewhere warm and get some fresh air to your heads.

I'm sure you will see that every team member in the Virgin America family is just as professional and qualified as the rapping flight attendants and walking dinosaurs of your respective preferred carriers.

xox.

Squid

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Well I guess i'm differen't because I don't like them at all. Those male uniforms and pilots uniforms are terrible, and there just doesn't seem to be anything inspiring about the female uniform.

DeltaMD90

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Quoting N766UA (Reply 34):
Also, I'll echo the sentiment that I want professional, not hipster douchebag. Even worse… nazi hipster douchebag

Hahaha actually I can kinda see what you mean...

Honestly I didn't even see the pilot when I first looked at the pictures, I thought it was another F/A

nws2002

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Quoting mcdu (Reply 33):
The hard facts are the Captain needs to be the leader and while you can call him "Pete" or "Tom" he is still the Captain and is the person that signs for the flight with all the legal ramifications.
Quoting DeltaMD90 (Reply 35):
I don't like companies going by first names either, it seems unprofessional.

I've worked as a FA at both a regional carrier (DH) and now a mainline carrier (CO/UA) and at both I've always called the pilots by their first names. Is this not the industry norm in the US?

As for the uniforms, they are not my favorite but I do like the approach. I agree with other's sentiments that they are not going to look as good on larger people.

Braybuddy

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:41 pm

I don't like the pilots' uniform.. way to laissez faire for my taste

There are PILOTS' uniforms in that series of pics?            

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 22):
This harks back to the same argument over whether doctors should wear ties and white coats. In the end, some patients like it one way and some patients like it the other way

The Gay Men's Health Project in Dublin has a (I presume deliberately) casual attitude to dress, which, apart from being confusing, doesn't at all inspire confidence. I really don't want by bloods taken by someone who looks like the handyman. Likewise, I want my pilot to look like a pilot.

Anyway, back on topic . . . the FAs' uniforms are nice, but nothing exceptional. They have a chain store look off them, but they're smart without being too casual. I like the skirts . . . I absolutely HATE to see female FAs wearing trousers. It's SOOOOOO unglamorous . . .

falkerker

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Quoting flyfitch (Reply 40):
Looks like you two are having bad days   wah wahh. I love how this thread goes from talking about the new VX uniforms, to wishing the demise of VX, and someone else comparing the company to nazi hipster douchebags. I think you two, and many others on this forum so don't feel alone, need to hop on a Virgin America flight to somewhere warm and get some fresh air to your heads.

I'm sure you will see that every team member in the Virgin America family is just as professional and qualified as the rapping flight attendants and walking dinosaurs of your respective preferred carriers.

Couldn't agree more.

Like them, dislike them, to each his own but comparing them (or even mentioning) nazi douchebags is a big no-no for me, they did kill over 6 million people... Personally I like what VX is proposing and the way they are trying to give a breath of fresh air to an industry that is hanging to the past. If you don´t like it, perfect, but don´t compare them to genocide or wish it´s demise....

eastern747

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

One word...Boring".....As said in one comment, there are very few model F/A's and Cockpit crew.We normal people in shape and size would look ridicules. This company goes after a specific client and in the world of airline folk it's all shapes and sizes. I also didn't see any wings or name tags............WTF...."At Eastern, we have to earn our wings everyday"

flyiguy

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 pm

This makes me laugh...It's VX saying " Hey, we haven't made a penny in profit yet so lets spend more money to prove it "

Fly
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

DeltaMD90

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Quoting falkerker (Reply 45):
Like them, dislike them, to each his own but comparing them (or even mentioning) nazi douchebags is a big no-no for me, they did kill over 6 million people... Personally I like what VX is proposing and the way they are trying to give a breath of fresh air to an industry that is hanging to the past. If you don´t like it, perfect, but don´t compare them to genocide or wish it´s demise....

No one is comparing them to genocide, but the Nazis were known for having dark looking uniforms. Difference is that the Nazis did have some cool looking uniforms (*not condoning their actions of course*) and VX's pilot uniforms are not as cool

roseflyer

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 pm

The male flight attendant uniform does not look like a flight attendant uniform to me. It looks like any other banana republic shirt and pants. Apart from an ID badge, the male FA doesn't look any different than the typical business traveler on VX. I'm not sure that is a good thing.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

N766UA

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Quoting flyfitch (Reply 40):
and someone else comparing the company to nazi hipster douchebags.

LOL I like how you say "comparing the company to" as if such a thing as a nazi hipster douchebag actually existed. Get a clue, guy.
This Website Censors Me