1337Delta764
Topic Author

Delta 757 Overhead LCD Questions

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:16 am

I was one one of the PMDL 757s with the new overhead LCDs (N674DL), and while it wasn't as good as having AVOD, it was a huge improvement over the old flickering CRTs with color issues.

I have two questions about them:

My first question is: About how many 757s been modded with them yet? Looking at recent trip reports, it seems that they are being installed pretty quickly.

My second question is: Will the PMNW 757s with CRTs currently installed (the 75As and 75Js) get these LCDs as well?

Also, one thing I noticed with these monitors is that they have OSD features on them. For example, when the video is interrupted or stopped, the screens display a dancing blue box with the words "No Signal", and if left that way long enough, a blue box in the center of the screen will appear, displaying a countdown timer for when the monitors will go into sleep mode. Also, when the video is restarted, there are the words "AV" and "NTSC" in green letters on the upper right.

I wonder, do the overhead LCD monitors on the 763ER also have such OSD features?
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos