aviacsa55
Topic Author

WN To More Mexico?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 am

Hey, I love Southwest Airlines, and I have a big question:
Will WN ever fly to more cities of Mexico instead of just, SJD, CUN, or MEX?
I have recently created a sandbox from Wikipedia about WN's brand new destinations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:WikiFanCreator2010/sandbox
Also, since Volaris is currently code-sharing with WN, those destinations would likely to be operational for the airline.
What do you think about my idea? Comment.

FlyingSicilian

RE: WN To More Mexico?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:14 am

Well when the new int'l gates and FIS are completed at HOU I'd suspect WN will fly to several more Central American destinations.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

Hawaiian763

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Not so sure about Tijuana, Monterrey or Morelia, those don't strike as places that WN would get good traffic loads on, especially for tourists. I think WN would fly to most major resort destinations and code-share with Volaris on the other Mexico routes.

srbmod

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Quoting Hawaiian763 (Reply 2):
Not so sure about Tijuana, Monterrey or Morelia, those don't strike as places that WN would get good traffic loads on, especially for tourists. I think WN would fly to most major resort destinations and code-share with Volaris on the other Mexico routes.

With WN serving SAN, it really wouldn't make such sense to offer service to TIJ, especially seeing that no US airline currently operates into TIJ other than a cargo airline (Ameriflight). US airlines use SAN as their airport of choice for the San Diego-Tijuana region since they can operate the flight as a domestic flight and not have to worry about all of the immigration and customs that a flight to/from TIJ would entail.

IAHWorldflyer

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 am

I think an HOU -MTY flight could very well work on VFR and business traffic as there are many ties between the 2 cities and currently not even locals will drive the route owing to violence along the border.

JONC777

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 am

So. . . I dont know the source of the photo that I got but heres what its showing from hobby. . .

Bogota 1x
Cancun 4x
Caracas 1x
Guadalajara 1x
some place in costa rica (rubbed off of photo, ending in ria) 1x (id look at a map but dont really feel like it lol)
Mexico City 4x
(and volaris will operate 2x)
Monterrey 2x
(and VivaAerobus will operate 1x)
Puerta Vallarta 1x
San Jose coasta rica 1x
San Jose del cabo 2x
San Salvador 1x
Toluca (interjet) 1x

total 4 airlines and 23 departures.

Atlwest1

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:25 am

Quoting JONC777 (Reply 5):
So. . . I dont know the source of the photo that I got but heres what its showing from hobby. . .

Bogota 1x
Cancun 4x
Caracas 1x
Guadalajara 1x
some place in costa rica (rubbed off of photo, ending in ria) 1x (id look at a map but dont really feel like it lol)
Mexico City 4x
(and volaris will operate 2x)
Monterrey 2x
(and VivaAerobus will operate 1x)
Puerta Vallarta 1x
San Jose coasta rica 1x
San Jose del cabo 2x
San Salvador 1x
Toluca (interjet) 1x

total 4 airlines and 23 departures.

So share the photo!!!   No in all reality that list sounds very realistic.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co. or Airt

aviacsa55
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Projected new initial international markets in HOU:
Projected schedule once all new international flights are introduced in HOU:

[Edited 2012-07-31 10:52:32]

point2point

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Quoting aviacsa55 (Reply 7):

Really without wanting to go off on an offshot, somewhat emotionally-charged topic of this, but with this schedule - if it is anywhere near what could be expected - I can understand now why UA was so pi**ed off with this......... It's one thing to discuss on a theoretical level, and it's now another to see what's there in black and white........ and then why UA is reacting the way it is.

Yes, there is no way that I'll say that this isn't good for competition, but then 23 some flights digging into UA's pockets here - big full pockets with lot of $$$$$$ at that.......

QANTAS747-438

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 am

Quoting aviacsa55 (Reply 7):
Projected new initial international markets in HOU:

Where did these pictures come from?
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

drerx7

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Quoting point2point (Reply 8):
I can understand now why UA was so pi**ed off with this......... It's one thing to discuss on a theoretical level, and it's now another to see what's there in black and white........ and then why UA is reacting the way it is.

Yes, there is no way that I'll say that this isn't good for competition, but then 23 some flights digging into UA's pockets here - big full pockets with lot of $$$$$$ at that.......

I agree with you on that. The thing is...UA has a preview of what the competition has planned well in advance. As a business, I'd think that I could do more with that information than just throw a fit.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

JONC777

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Quoting Atlwest1 (Reply 6):
So share the photo!!! No in all reality that list sounds very realistic
Quoting QANTAS747-438 (Reply 9):

I had a much more raw picture than was posted. . .almost looked like a newspaper clipping. . . but I have no idea where it came from. . . I was wondering if it came from a HAS source? but pure speculation on that. . .

jcwr56

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Quoting QANTAS747-438 (Reply 9):
Quoting aviacsa55 (Reply 7):Projected new initial international markets in HOU:
Where did these pictures come from?

One would think from SWA directly when they were making the pitch to the City of Houston. No doubt SWA had to provide them with cities they intended to fly and this was part of the presentation.

A Public Information Request does wonders for this type of stuff.