777way
Topic Author

Malaysia Airlines To Kathmandu From September

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:40 am

MH begin thrice weekly 738 KUL-KTM service from 1 September http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...thamandu-nepal-to-its-network.html

[Edited 2012-07-30 04:41:53]

RWA380

RE: Malaysia Airlines To Kathmandu From September

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Unless this flight connects well to MH services to/from the USA and Europe, I'd expect it to be a struggle against TG via BKK who has been long established in KTM.
Next Flights: PDX-HNL-OGG-LIH-PDX On AS, WP & HA

Pe@rson

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:05 pm

Coincidentally, D7 announced KUL-KTM on the 10th July with 3x weekly flights (from an initial 2x weekly) planned for later this year.  
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

airceo

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 pm

Quoting Pe@rson (Reply 2):
Coincidentally, D7 announced KUL-KTM on the 10th July with 3x weekly flights (from an initial 2x weekly) planned for later this year.

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 1):

Unless this flight connects well to MH services to/from the USA and Europe, I'd expect it to be a struggle against TG via BKK who has been long established in KTM.

I suspect MH is not looking for very much onward traffic. As you have pointed out BKK is very much the preferred jumping out point fro that ex-KTM. This is likely targeting the sizable ethnic Nepalese population living in Malaysia. There are close to half a million Nepalese people in Malaysia.

Let's also not forget that QR flew DOH-KTM-KUL-KTM-DOH 14x+ a week for a long period quite successfully before decoupling the two.

@airceo
blogger at airceo | reach me: @airceo or fly@airceo.com

sq_ek_freak

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Quoting airceo (Reply 3):
I suspect MH is not looking for very much onward traffic. As you have pointed out BKK is very much the preferred jumping out point fro that ex-KTM. This is likely targeting the sizable ethnic Nepalese population living in Malaysia. There are close to half a million Nepalese people in Malaysia.

In which case yields must be bottom of the barrel, no?
Keep Discovering