Birdwatching
Topic Author

What Are JetBlue's "Designated Co-located" Airpts?

Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:52 am

I have a quick question about JetBlue's terminology here.
I'm trying to catch an earlier flight than booked to TPA on JetBlue the day after tomorrow, they offer this for free if you go standby ($50 if confirmed). Here's the catch, my original flight is out of LGA and I'm trying to catch an earlier one out of JFK. On their q&a page about this subject, JetBlue states the following:

"You must travel between the same city pairs or designated co-located airport."
http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...ew,Kb=askBlue,case=obj%28383871%29

Now if I google the term "designated co-located airport", all that comes up is that same page. What does this mean in my case?

I guess I can just ask at the airport, but it would be nice to know this ahead of time, and I know we have an army of JetBlue experts here on A.net  

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

ordbosewr

RE: What Are JetBlue's "Designated Co-located" Airpts?

Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 pm

I am not sure about B6 policy but at UA they consider PBI, FLL and MIA all the same. So if you have a travel waiver or similar situation you can use any of the 3 airports.

However, in your example LGA and JFK (and EWR) are all under the same city pair (ie NYC).
If you go to a booking site, like orbitz, and enter NYC to CHI then it will search for flights it will search LGA, JFK and EWR to ORD or MDW.

JBAirwaysFan

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Quoting ORDBOSEWR (Reply 1):
If you go to a booking site, like orbitz, and enter NYC to CHI then it will search for flights it will search LGA, JFK and EWR to ORD or MDW.

ACTUALLY, it will also search ISP as it is now designated by the FAA as an NYC Airport.
In Loving Memory of Casey Edward Falconer; May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

ordbosewr

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Quoting JBAirwaysFan (Reply 2):
ACTUALLY, it will also search ISP as it is now designated by the FAA as an NYC Airport.

Correct, go here to see the full list for NYC from the FAA; select New York for state and New york for city.
http://aeronav.faa.gov/afd.asp?cycle...=07-26-2012&end=09-20-2012#results

LimaFoxTango

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Thread starter):
I guess I can just ask at the airport, but it would be nice to know this ahead of time, and I know we have an army of JetBlue experts here on A.net

Just throwing this out there, but why not just call jetBlue directly?
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

B6JFKH81

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Quoting Birdwatching (Thread starter):
Now if I google the term "designated co-located airport", all that comes up is that same page. What does this mean in my case?

Basically, if there are multiple airports in the general area that are served, they are all grouped together as the same originating city. In this case, its NYC which would probably lump JFK, LGA, EWR, HPN and maybe even SWF together depending on where you are going. They are all "NYC" airports within spitting distance of each other (except for SWF...unless you can REALLY spit LOL).

Either way, have a great flight, and if you come down to JFK and taxi by the big blue hangar, wave to say "hi" to me LOL!  
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

Birdwatching
Topic Author

Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:34 pm

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 4):
Just throwing this out there, but why not just call jetBlue directly?

What a great idea!   Can't believe I didn't think of this! So I called them and they said yes, LGA and JFK are the same city in terms of standing by for an earlier flight. So should I check in online from home or should I wait and show up at the airport without being checked in?

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home