TWA772LR
Topic Author

New UA Pilot Contract Questions

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 am

Does anyone know the details of the new pilot contract? Scope? Pay? Etc... Any new aircraft coming into the question? Yesterday at IAH, I saw the J-line for gate C-20 had markings for the E-190 and also 777/764/763/762. Does this mean more domestic widebodies? What about the status of 100 seaters at the new UA? Personally, I want the CSeries, but expecting the E190 if if happens.
Beauty is watching a 787 bank to make a short final. Bliss is watching that 787 with a good beer. Nirvana is all of that with a beautiful woman on your side.

FlyHossD

RE: New UA Pilot Contract Questions

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:53 am

I have been curious about this, too and have made a few calls. It's been reported that the NMB has imposed a gag order until after both the UA and CO MECs approve a tentative agreement (T.A.)

Keep in mind that there is no T.A. yet. Most - but NOT all - areas have reached the "Agreement in Principle" (AIP) stage, however. Now is the critical time to convert AIPs into contractual language and that can be fraught with difficulties, too.

I've been especially curious about Scope, so I've called old friends at some of the UAX carriers to see if they've heard anything. To a man - not a peep!

So this is my long winded way of saying that no details have been released. I've heard several different rumors, but most of them have so many versions or are opposite each other, that it's worthless to listen or guess which are accurate.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

TWA772LR
Topic Author

RE: New UA Pilot Contract Questions

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:10 am

I've overheard a couple pilots talk about it and they don't even know. Have details even been released?
Beauty is watching a 787 bank to make a short final. Bliss is watching that 787 with a good beer. Nirvana is all of that with a beautiful woman on your side.