mariner
Topic Author

Qantas Pax Won't Fly - No Pj's

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:27 am

Make of it what you will - no XL pyjamas and two passengers refused to fly:

http://www.news.com.au/news/qantas-p...jamas/story-fnejlrpu-1226447693412

"Qantas passengers refuse to fly LA to Melbourne because there were no XL first-class pyjamas"

They preferred to wait fore the next flight.  

marinr
aeternum nauta

Julian773

RE: Qantas Pax Won't Fly - No Pj's

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:14 am

Wow.

What a first world problem. Yes, maybe they payed lots of money for their tickets; nevertheless childish behaviour IMHO.
Anyway, bet the cabin crew was happy they left.   

LJ

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 am

Quoting Julian773 (Reply 1):
What a first world problem. Yes, maybe they payed lots of money for their tickets; nevertheless childish behaviour IMHO.

Maybe childish, but why didn't QF have these pyjamas in stock?

Schweigend

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:59 am

Quoting LJ (Reply 2):
Maybe childish, but why didn't QF have these pyjamas in stock?

Mayhap QF revenue management underestimated the number of plus-sized pax originating in the U.S.?

Quote:
Another passenger told Ceberano the pyjama guy said to the crew: "Make sure you tell everyone why were so late: They didn't have pyjamas for us'."

"In his mind, he thought everyone sympathised with him,'' Ceberano said.

And the flight still arrived at MEL on time.

This makes for a great laugh!

Quokkas

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 am

Would this not be a good reason to delay the issuing of PJ until the aircraft is in the air?

I find it incredible that this would be a cause to refuse to fly. XL PJs are XL PJs, whether they are brand A or brand B. It is not as if an amenity was lost. Does QF offer specially scented, super-soft, monographed paper distinct from that in J so as not offend the butts of passengers in F? No doubt the poor darlings are talking to their trauma counsellor to help them get over it, unless they had some other, unstated reason for not wishing to fly.

Many airlines have a disclaimer that not all facilities may be available on all flights due to changes of aircraft. Perhaps they need to change the wording to cover the lack of a particular brand of PJs. That way if a passenger wishes to become precious they can forfeit the fare.
“Not to laugh, not to cry, not to hate, but understand.” Spinoza

FlyASAGuy2005

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:12 am

Quoting Schweigend (Reply 3):
Mayhap QF revenue management underestimated the number of plus-sized pax originating in the U.S.?

Now THAT'S schocking!!!   
What gets measured gets done.

LJ

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:18 am

Quoting Quokkas (Reply 4):

I find it incredible that this would be a cause to refuse to fly. XL PJs are XL PJs, whether they are brand A or brand B. It is not as if an amenity was lost

Back in the days that KLM had F-class, my sister (who was a gate agent at the time) had a passenger who refused to fly because one of the other passengers in F wore jeans. According to him F-class passengers shouldn't wear jeans (at least not when he's flying). Another F-class pax was known for requiring the KL ground staff, who always drove him to the aircraft with a peoplemover, to circle around the boarding area as he wanted to be the last person on the plane and wanted to walk to his seat without any delay...

How much does a set of pyjamas cost?

Many airlines have a disclaimer that not all facilities may be available on all flights due to changes of aircraft

However, in this case it seems they didn't have them at all at the airport..

Schweigend

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:20 am

Quoting LJ (Reply 6):
How much does a set of pyjamas cost?

Not very much.

Seriously, now, should PJ sizes be pre-ordered, like a special meal?

Upon booking, should people be able to specify the pyjama size they require?

I do remember a Virgin flight I once took in Upper Class, SFO-LHR, where they had only XL size PJs -- and I wear a Medium. I wore the very baggy things without complaint. Should I have walked off the flight in a hiss, since an "M" is what I prefer?

Scottie

SASDC8

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 am

Quoting Schweigend (Reply 7):

When booking from the US XL PJs should be the default option  
2-3-2 is NOT a premium configuration

DJMEL

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 am

For the Love of God!!!! What absolute fools!!!

MHG

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:32 am

Well, there are two pints that puzzle me:

1) How come QF was not able to source XL-sized pyjamas "somewhere else".
2) If the passenger really loves the QF ones why didn´t they offer a different one and a promise to send a "real one" to his adress ??? After all it´s F-Class we´re talking about ...

Still, it´s childish to insist flying only with a pyjama ...
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

Julian773

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 am

Quoting MHG (Reply 10):

As per the article QF offered them business class pyjamas but they didnt accept them

Quoting DJMEL (Reply 9):

usdcaguy

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 am

Altogether possible, but we all know plus-sized people populate every country of the world these days. I am wondering if perhaps these schmucks tried on a size L when embarking in Melbourne, realized it was too small and demanded a set in their size. When it happened again, they might have thought "enough is enough".

The burden of riches is pretty laughable sometimes; I think humans are made to solve problems on a daily basis, and when they stop having real problems, they create them out of thin air.

mal787

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:30 am

What a pair of F*wits, and whats the bet they got the seat on a points upgrade to start. and wanted to act like prima donnas and came out looking as i said F*wits
I have several pairs of QF J pj's and they are commfy enough , so whats so special about the 1st offerings?

mal787
BN2 Metro, 402,404, Conquest, king air, 707,727.200, 732,733,734,735,736,738,757,762,763,742,743,744, MD11, DC9,Westwind

Quokkas

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 am

More on this story:

Quote:
One of the passengers is a Melbourne expert in industrial and organisational psychology, which focuses on employee wellbeing.

I wonder how their little tantrum enhanced the "wellbeing" of the QF employees on this flight. Will they be submitting a report to AJ suggesting improvements?

skyhawkmatthew

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 am

Quoting mal787 (Reply 13):
I have several pairs of QF J pj's and they are commfy enough , so whats so special about the 1st offerings?

I've got a few J pairs and some from F... The F ones are certainly nicer, but seriously, they're only pyjamas!
Qantas - The Spirit of Australia.

shufflemoomin

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 am

I'm stunned they chose to get off instead of opting to sue Qantas for laughable amounts of money. Isn't that usually what these idiots do? Well, there's time yet I guess, right?

JONC777

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 am

There from LAX, I wouldnt expect anything less, im sure they have already contacted an attorney as well.

Quokkas

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:17 am

Quoting JONC777 (Reply 17):
There from LAX, I wouldnt expect anything less, im sure they have already contacted an attorney as well.

They are from Australia, which just goes to prove that there are idiots in every country.

I am wondering if the stated reason is the real one. I mean, seriously, why would anyone say so that other passengers can here "Make sure you tell everyone why we're so late: they didn't have pyjamas for us."

Stealthz

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 am

Quoting Quokkas (Reply 14):
One of the passengers is a Melbourne expert in industrial and organisational psychology, which focuses on employee wellbeing.

Next time my company has an event with "employee well being" consultants I will make a point of asking if they are these prats??

What a pair of F*wits, and whats the bet they got the seat on a points upgrade to start. and wanted to act like prima donnas and came out looking as i said F*wits

More than likely they were comp. tickets (or at least upgrades) for providing "consultancy" services to QF.. biting the hand that feeds them.
I can't imagine anyone that runs their own business, paying their own bills, actually paying for a TransPac First class ticket!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

cmf

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

Pretty crazy to wait for the next flight but at the same time, what broke down at QF not to have the right PJs? After all, that is the root problem.

What a pair of F*wits, and whats the bet they got the seat on a points upgrade to start.

So what if they got it on points upgrade. Points is also payment and QF failed to deliver as advertised.
Don’t repeat earlier generations mistakes. Learn history for a better future.

HAWK21M

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

Amazing folks around these days.....anyway their choice  
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

United_fan

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:03 pm

I should have such troubles in life  
Champagne For My Real Friends,and Real Pain For My Sham Friends

Flylot

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Everything here sounds too good to be true. A great way for a dying airline to get into the papers.
"In Soviet Russia, airplane flies on you"

BNE

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I think Qantas are at fault here, yes the passengers over reacted but if Qantas are going to market Qantas First as there best product then I think they need to set high standards.

Interesting perspective from a passenger who was on the flight.

Quote:

I was actually no this flight last night!

The Captain come on around 11:30pm (the scheduled departure time) saying that they had a couple of small administration requirements to complete before takeoff.

Around 11:40pm the Captain comes back over the PA to say that the plane is delayed due to 2 passengers needing to be unloaded (no more information was provided at this point)

5 Mins later at about 11:45pm the Captain then informs everyone why the 2 passengers were leaving.

To the ground crews credit the bags were found in about 5 mins so all up the total delay was approx 30mins.

As mentioned in the news. We made up time in the air and actually landed well ahead of schedule

There was another delay on landing as an SQ flight was at our gate

An interesting flight

I also think the pilot made an error of judgement, yes you probably should say that 2 passengers are being offloaded and we need to remove their baggage but to go into the actual detail is bad form.

It shouldn't matter whether the customer paid full F or it was an upgrade, when you are flying F then you expect the best service.
Why fly non stop when you can connect

LJ

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Quoting stealthz (Reply 19):
More than likely they were comp. tickets (or at least upgrades) for providing "consultancy" services to QF.. biting the hand that feeds them.
I can't imagine anyone that runs their own business, paying their own bills, actually paying for a TransPac First class ticket!

Or they charged their client for the fare. AFAIK it's usually the client who pays the travel expenses of the consultants. Or they work for a company which does allow F-class travel. Personally I don't see why it would matter.

5MillionMiler

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Opting to exit a flight after you have boarded also can attract the attention of authorities... especially international flights. Would imagine they had an exit interview -- they should have if they disembarked prior to departure. Have seen passengers with panic attacks get off and then get questioned. No one would believe that to people would get off over something this stupid!

Anyway, what a couple of morons. If they wanted souvenirs, I am sure QF would have provided them via the mail. I actually prefer the business ones, very comfy and they are so thin they make great travel PJs as they don't take up any room in the suitcase.

qf002

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:00 pm

What a hilarious story. If it is true, then I hope these passengers are sitting out there somewhere feeling very embarrassed...

Quoting cmf (Reply 20):
Pretty crazy to wait for the next flight but at the same time, what broke down at QF not to have the right PJs? After all, that is the root problem.

To be fair, most people would need a M or L, so there are probably only a few pairs of the XL size onboard. All they need is a cabin full of people needing the larger size on the outbound for them to run out for the return. There's only so much that they can do out of a foreign port.

Quoting cmf (Reply 20):
QF failed to deliver as advertised.

The website only says that "you will be presented with luxuriously comfortable cotton pajamas" -- it doesn't specify exactly which PJ's will be provided, or indeed that they will necessarily be any different to those offered to J. QF promised to provide PJ's, and these were provided...

Quoting BNE (Reply 24):
when you are flying F then you expect the best service.

I'd say that QF offered exceptional service here. When they couldn't deliver what was expected, they offered the next closest thing (which is pretty damn close -- the difference is really the colour and the lack of a ribbon nicely tied around them). When that wasn't satisfactory, the passengers were allowed the leave the flight, QF took their baggage off the plane (I imagine at the company's own expense), and allowed the passengers to re-book on the following flight. There has been no suggestion that the service was anything but top notch.

TN486

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Quoting Flylot (Reply 23):
A great way for a dying airline to get into the papers.

Would you have a source for this comment please, if not, then although you have a right to free speech, your comment is below the belt and should be retracted. Thank you in anticipation.
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

brilondon

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Ahhhhhhh, pajamas. Really what a spoiled a**. I don't like to wear pajamas my self and find all the crap they give you in first class wasteful. I don't normally use the stuff at home so why should I use pajamas on an airplane.
Rush for ever; Yankees all the way!!

flyabunch

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:01 pm

The best thing that could happen here would be that there were no F seats available for the next two weeks!

Mike

xdlx

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:38 pm

The simple fact that 31 of us took time to post something about this nonsense, shows what is truly humorous about this site....  

Stitch

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Quoting LJ (Reply 6):
Another F-class pax was known for requiring the KL ground staff, who always drove him to the aircraft with a peoplemover, to circle around the boarding area as he wanted to be the last person on the plane and wanted to walk to his seat without any delay...

I know a UA passenger who flies full-fare First Class internationally to the point that their annual spend is deep into the six figures and they have their own set of special requests for each flight. When you're worth that much to an airline, the airline is willing to adapt to your demands.

It's possible these two passengers are high-yield QF customers so while their demands and actions seem petty to us, the loss of those two customers to another carrier would not be petty to QF and QF therefore accommodated them and ensured that the pajamas were available on their next flight.

First World Problem indeed, but then we live in the First World, so...

[Edited 2012-08-11 08:37:30]

cmf

Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Quoting qf002 (Reply 27):
To be fair, most people would need a M or L, so there are probably only a few pairs of the XL size onboard.
There's only so much that they can do out of a foreign port.

First class is about exceptional service and it is charged accordingly.

Sure there is only so much space on the plane but then you need to be able to resupply at the remote station. It is priced to never be out.

The website only says that "you will be presented with luxuriously comfortable cotton pajamas" -- it doesn't specify exactly which PJ's will be provided, or indeed that they will necessarily be any different to those offered to J. QF promised to provide PJ's, and these were provided...

Seriously, trying to be a paragraph rider about a service item when even you acknowledge (quoted below) wrong service was delivered is not how exceptional service is provided.

Again, as a passenger I would not have made a fuzz about it. I also know what would happen internally if there was such a shortcoming at one of the restaurants or hotels my parents and siblings have/do run. Anyone suggesting that a product from a lower service offering was technically equivalent would not remain in that position.

When they couldn't deliver what was expected
Don’t repeat earlier generations mistakes. Learn history for a better future.

Braniff747SP

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:33 pm

First world problems at their best... If this happened to me, I'd be annoyed solely because I would not be able to take it with me for my collection... I'd just pick them up in Melbourne and 'make do' with J's pijamas.
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

vfw614

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Quoting BNE (Reply 24):

I also think the pilot made an error of judgement, yes you probably should say that 2 passengers are being offloaded and we need to remove their baggage but to go into the actual detail is bad form.

From the quoted source:

Quote:
Another passenger told Ceberano the pyjama guy said to the crew: "Make sure you tell everyone why were so late: They didn't have pyjamas for us'."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/news/qantas-p...ejlrpu-1226447693412#ixzz23GM6gwY0

MaverickM11

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 35):
From the quoted source:

Quote:

Hrmmm...sociopath?
E pur si muove -Galileo

spacecadet

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Quoting Braniff747SP (Reply 34):
First world problems at their best...

People keep saying this as if it's supposed to mean something. Yes, it's a first world problem. Australia is in the first world, the United States is in the first world (even if it doesn't always seem like it).

Are people who throw this phrase out there suggesting that it would be better if we all lived in the third world, or that airlines should provide something less than a first world level of service? I just always find this phrase confusing, because I don't know what kinds of problems people in the first world are "supposed" to have, if not first world ones.

There's also something oddly hypocritical about suggesting that a person who's presumably wealthy should not attempt to get full value for what they pay for. "They're rich, so why do they care if they get their money's worth?" You would never make that argument about somebody who's less wealthy spending a smaller amount of money - why would you think wealthier people should feel different? It's essentially arguing that wealthy people should just flush their money down the toilet - what does that solve? If somebody's going to spend money (and even if it's points, those points have actual monetary value) on a first class ticket, and they don't get what they paid for, then where has that money gone? Into QF's pockets, despite not having provided the agreed-upon level of service.

I think it was pretty silly to refuse to fly because of this PJ issue, but if I was one of those passengers, I wouldn't let it slide either. They paid for F, they should be getting F amenities. I'd at least be writing a letter to QF after the fact, and I know that airlines do take those types of things seriously from passengers who bring in a lot of money to the airline. And if QF didn't take it seriously, then I'd probably try to fly a different airline next time that had a reputation for taking better care of their F class customers.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

DLD9S

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Very childish behavior indeed...

That said, if these passengers were paying customers they most likely dropped around $40,000 round-trip for the 2 tickets.
717 727 737 747 757 767 777 DC9 DC10 M80 M90 M11 L10 AB6 333 340 319 320 321 ARJ CRJ EM2 EMJ SF3 146 100 BE1...

Maverick623

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Would this not be a good reason to delay the issuing of PJ until the aircraft is in the air?

No way. If those passengers were that upset on the ground, there's no telling what they would do in the air.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

PETRHSR

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 pm

I would have thought that the XL pjs would be the most popular in F, since the majority of pax in rows 1-5 on the 388 seem to be of... Sufficient carriage... To warrant the largest size.

Anyhoo, seems to me that this pair obviously weren't in that big a hurry to get back to MEL. I'd rather have worn J pjs than spent another night in Los Angeles, which, as everybody knows, is the worst city in the world.
First class isn't a seat, it's a lifestyle.

rcair1
Crew

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 37):
People keep saying this as if it's supposed to mean something. Yes, it's a first world problem. Australia is in the first world, the United States is in the first world (even if it doesn't always seem like it).

Also - let's remember that the vast majority of people in the "first world" do not have the finances to fly 1st class from US to Australia.
In addition - there are plenty of cases - maybe more - where the 'rich' in 3rd world countries spend travel 1st class.
Just a bit of a stereo-typing going on here.
- "first world problem"
- "XL - means incredibly fat" and everybody knows everybody in the US is fat. (BTW - I wear and XL shirt - and I'm not overweight)

I think it was pretty silly to refuse to fly because of this PJ issue, but if I was one of those passengers, I wouldn't let it slide either.

Agreed. You pay for a service - you deserve the service or to be compensated.

Quoting DLD9S (Reply 38):
Very childish behavior indeed...

No - not childish. Picky maybe. Perhaps, if you spend this much money for a ticket - you would prefer to travel on a later flight where you get all the amenities you wanted.

I'm sorry- I have no where near the money to travel 1st class anywhere. Nor do I think it is worth it. I will spring for econ plus, and I would prefer business class on a long flight.

But I don't object to, or try to degrade, those who do. If they want to pay this - and want to be picky, then fine. As mentioned, the flight did depart late - which is a problem - but also made up the time (not atypical for a long flight).
rcair1

aztrainer

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:51 pm

This has got to be one of the best things I have ever heard in my life. I bet the crew was happy to get them offloaded quick. If they were complaining because their jammies (PJ's) were not up to size, imagine what else they would complain about.

On a side note.....I normally am in the back, so I have a question. Do all the F class passengers change in the bathroom or is there another location to get into their PJ's?

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 39):

No way. If those passengers were that upset on the ground, there's no telling what they would do in the air.

Agree

questions

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Quoting Schweigend (Reply 7):

Upon booking, should people be able to specify the pyjama size they require?

I agree. This seems like something easy to add at time of booking.

Quoting MHG (Reply 10):
Well, there are two pints that puzzle me:

Does a quart puzzle you?  
Quoting skyhawkmatthew (Reply 15):
I've got a few J pairs and some from F... The F ones are certainly nicer, but seriously, they're only pyjamas!

A RT F ticket costs approximately 20,000USD. It seems to be the strategy of most airlines with premium cabins to attract and retain "high value customers." If Qantas, or any other airline for that matter, wants to do so then there is no excuse for not being able to provide all elements of the advertised "premium" services and products on every flight. If the airline is unable to do so, then it should get out of the F market.

Quoting Quokkas (Reply 18):
They are from Australia, which just goes to prove that there are idiots in every country.

It's not clear why the vast majority of posters are blaming the passengers for Qantas' inability to provide paid for services. If you paid 20,000USD for a ticket, for what exactly would blame Qantas for its inability to deliver a premium product and service? Would you think differently if the F seat was not functioning and didn't recline?

Perhaps the passengers were jerks, e.g., the stereotypical arrogant academics who can't manage themselves out of a wet paper bag in most real life situations, yet expect unrealistic perfection from every service worker. However, they are a customer who purchased (assumption) a premium product with advertised benefits. They should be blamed when the airline is unable to deliver.

Quoting BNE (Reply 24):
I think Qantas are at fault here, yes the passengers over reacted but if Qantas are going to market Qantas First as there best product then I think they need to set high standards.

Ahh, someone who blames Qantas for its inability to deliver and not the passenger!

****All of the above being said, if I paid 20,000USD for an F ticket, I would probably be in a socio-economic class that flying international F was not a special event and I would care much more about getting home and would have therefore taken the J pajamas... or, god forbid, do what I do on most upgraded F and J tickets on long haul flights when pajamas are not offered or they are are poor quality... slept in my jeans!!****

Tomassjc

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:24 am

At first glance, knowing what I know, and seeing what I see everyday at US airports, I thought the thread was about the Pax being denied boarding because THEY WERE WEARING PJs!

Tom SJC
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

NBGSkyGod

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:21 am

I still have to say this a first world problem and since when are there PJs on an airplane!? Really, with all of the problems in the world someone has a hissy fit over not having the right sized pajamas on the airplane. sometimes I really wish I had gone to MIT so I could build myself a rocket and leave this planet.
Pilots are idots, who at any given moment will attempt to kill themselves or others.

Braniff747SP

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 am

Are people who throw this phrase out there suggesting that it would be better if we all lived in the third world, or that airlines should provide something less than a first world level of service? I just always find this phrase confusing, because I don't know what kinds of problems people in the first world are "supposed" to have, if not first world ones.

When I say 'First world problem', I'm ridiculing the fact that someone will hold up a flight and cause problems because they don't have pajamas. There are much larger problems in the world (including in the 'first world') than that.

There's also something oddly hypocritical about suggesting that a person who's presumably wealthy should not attempt to get full value for what they pay for. "They're rich, so why do they care if they get their money's worth?" You would never make that argument about somebody who's less wealthy spending a smaller amount of money - why would you think wealthier people should feel different? It's essentially arguing that wealthy people should just flush their money down the toilet - what does that solve? If somebody's going to spend money (and even if it's points, those points have actual monetary value) on a first class ticket, and they don't get what they paid for, then where has that money gone?

Where in my post does that come up? I watch my money very aggressively--as do many other people. (And no, I'm not rich.) Why would I expect wealthy people to throw money down the toilet? That's idiotic.

And I agree--I might be unhappy, having paid thousands to fly. But I could live with pajamas that say 'Business' on the chest instead of 'First'... It's not the end of the world.

[Edited 2012-08-11 19:37:51]
The 747 will always be the TRUE queen of the skies!

mariner
Topic Author

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:42 am

Quoting questions (Reply 43):
A RT F ticket costs approximately 20,000USD. It seems to be the strategy of most airlines with premium cabins to attract and retain "high value customers." If Qantas, or any other airline for that matter, wants to do so then there is no excuse for not being able to provide all elements of the advertised "premium" services and products on every flight. If the airline is unable to do so, then it should get out of the F market.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Qantas supply of jammies, the reaction of the two pax was beyond silly and suggests either (a) their wealth is new to them and they needed to prove that they could do it or (b) or they were having a lark.

mariner
aeternum nauta

flyingcat

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:36 am

"And this Château le Blanc '68 is supposed to be served slightly chilled! This is room temperature! What do you think we are, animals?!!! "

LJ

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 am

Quoting rcair1 (Reply 41):
- "XL - means incredibly fat" and everybody knows everybody in the US is fat. (BTW - I wear and XL shirt - and I'm not overweight)

AFAIK the Australian sizes are more comparable to the European sizes and differ to the US sizes. A size XL in Europe is L in the US (and XL European size isn't incredible fat).