miaami
Topic Author

Emirates/One World Alliance Possibilities

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm

The Middle East could see its carriers start to join alliances. This article points out some benefits to a Emirates-OneWorld hook up.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...sues-with-oneworld/comment-page-1/

This would make One World a pretty strong Alliance. This could also help in a US/AA merger. I wonder if the creditors would take this into consideration?

mogandoCI

RE: Emirates/One World Alliance Possibilities

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Totally apples and oranges. Using EK from AUS/NZ, they could fly to anywhere in Europe/Africa in 1-stop. From North America, the only real market (with high demand but underserved) that's not a major backtrack is India.

EK doesn't need an alliance partner in the Americas for feed. What they need is to open up routes with strong O&D to the Gulf and to India.

LAXdude1023

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Quoting mogandoCI (Reply 1):
EK doesn't need an alliance partner in the Americas for feed. What they need is to open up routes with strong O&D to the Gulf and to India.

Which is pretty much what they are doing. If you look at where EK flies, its pretty much the markets that have huge O&D markets to India. The obvious exception is ORD.
It is what it is...

mogandoCI

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Quoting LAXdude1023 (Reply 2):
Which is pretty much what they are doing. If you look at where EK flies, its pretty much the markets that have huge O&D markets to India. The obvious exception is ORD.

The article was implying that in order for EK to succeed in the US, they must cover 80% of the population (through nonstops or feeds), just like what they're doing in Australia.

smi0006

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 am

I know there is alot of talk about EK and QF creating some form of strategic alliance. But I feel that EK is simply too big and sucks too much traffic from the key alliance players for them to be truly welcomed into any alliance. Do they really bring anything to any alliance? most alliance offer one stop connectivity (apart from Africa and Indian however they are voids that are being corrected) I just don't see what they offer, and what an alliance offers them??

I think we may as the current rumours circulating see QR in an alliance (oneworld would be a good fit I feel).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos