spiritair97
Topic Author

AF 744s Back @ JFK?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

It may not be forumworthy, but it is to me. It seems that Air France is now operating the 747-400 on AFR10/11. Does anybody know if this is a seasonal change or a temporary one, or a year-round one? I find it very impressive that AF is able to run a 772, 77W, 744, a332, and a388 between CDG and JFK every day, especially with AA's twice daily service and now AI (not sure if they have the rights to do JFK-CDG souly). Either way, good to see the ol' workhorses back in New York.

But back to my original question, what type of change is this?

Thomas_Jaeger

RE: AF 744s Back @ JFK?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:58 pm

According to our schedule data at www.ch-aviation.ch this is only a temporary change until September 1.

I do not know if AI has traffic rights but given they do not have any fares filed in the GDSs I would assume they did not bother trying to get them given this is just a temporary operational change following the pilot strike. From September 4, they again plan to operate non-stop to DEL.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

goldorak

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 am

Quoting spiritair97 (Thread starter):
It may not be forumworthy, but it is to me. It seems that Air France is now operating the 747-400 on AFR10/11. Does anybody know if this is a seasonal change or a temporary one, or a year-round one?

It seems to be a temporary change only, as this flight shows A343 in september

American 767

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes. I have looked it up too. I am thinking of taking a flight to CDG sometimes in September and I am curious to see if I would get a 744 when flying Air France. And no, with no less than 4 flights a day on Air France metal from JFK to CDG, no 747, but all other long haul equipments: A330, A340, A380 and B777. I am hoping to get a 747 one last time before the type would be gone from the fleet. The fares are high, but no regret, I won't get to fly on a 747 anyway. No offense to Air France fans, but I think I will choose American Airlines instead.

Ben Soriano
Ben Soriano