Gonzalo
Topic Author

LH & Fraport Filed Sue Against Unions Over Strikes

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Is it common in Germany to see a company filing a sue against the Unions...??

http://atwonline.com/operations-main...ion-over-apron-worker-strikes-0820

And the compensations claimed ( several millions of Euros ), where they expect the unions take the money from ?? AFAIK, unions are not Banks...

Can someone give us some light over this ??

Thanks !!

Rgds.

G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / Fairchild-227 / Ab318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789

PHX787

RE: LH & Fraport Filed Sue Against Unions Over Strikes

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Quoting Gonzalo (Thread starter):
Is it common in Germany to see a company filing a sue against the Unions...??

I wanna know given the political positions in germany (I have no idea) if such a suit would be successful?
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

MHG

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 1):
I wanna know given the political positions in germany (I have no idea) if such a suit would be successful?

That´s the big question.
I´m pretty sure it´s so far widely untouched legal territory in Germany.
So, I think LH and FRAport are just trying to get through with it. It´s likely to become an exhausting process where they end up at the highest federal court eventually.
And the "damage" that both are trying to recover is far beyond peanuts !
I have no idea if this can be successful, though.
I miss the sound of rolls royce darts and speys

Rdh3e

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Quoting Gonzalo (Thread starter):
where they expect the unions take the money from ?? AFAIK, unions are not Banks...

Unions do generally maintain sizable bank accounts, they collect monthly dues which can amount to serious amounts of cash over a large membership. I believe the IAM Rampers/CS/Fleet Service folks at UA pay about $600 a year. Which across 19,000 (s-UA) folks is about $11.4M a year. This is backdoor BS math, but you get the picture.

PanHAM

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 1):
wanna know given the political positions in germany (I have no idea) if such a suit would be successful?

the courts are independet from political decisions. Fraport and LH - and the unions of course as well - will eventually bring this up to the supreme court and it will take years.

Fact is, that even the threat of a strike action lost LH ,money, Fraport as well, as public listed compnay, the officers of the 2 companies must take legal action. If they do not act they would be liable to the shareholders.