Daily starting November 15:

AA 3205 DFWPBC 635P-915P
AA 3204 PBCDFW 700A-950A

In the last 6 months from DFW, weve seen:

AA go from 4-6x daily on DFW-MEX
NK launch DFW-TLC
AM launch 2x daily DFW-MEX

and now AA launching DFW-PBC

Lots of new capacity in the DFW market to Mexico.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americ...html;_ylt=A2KLOzGFfjJQHlYAlKXQtDMD

[Edited 2012-08-21 21:11:35]
It is what it is...

Acey559

RE: American Eagle To Start DFW-Puebla, Mexico

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:41 am

Saw this in the schedule when I bid earlier last week. Hopefully it does well for us. I'm going to try to trade into one of these trips, though it looks like a fun area to fly into (three volcanoes with peaks up to almost 19,000 feet). I hope it does well for us, we've been opening a fair amount of new routes from DFW and ORD recently and I hope they stick around and make us some money.

LAXdude1023
Topic Author

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Quoting Acey559 (Reply 1):
Saw this in the schedule when I bid earlier last week. Hopefully it does well for us. I'm going to try to trade into one of these trips, though it looks like a fun area to fly into (three volcanoes with peaks up to almost 19,000 feet). I hope it does well for us, we've been opening a fair amount of new routes from DFW and ORD recently and I hope they stick around and make us some money.

PBC isnt the only place in Mexico that could use service from DFW. The others that leap to mind are DGO and ZCL.

There is a very large community in DFW of Mexicans from Durango. Not only that, Chicago, Oklahoma City, and Western Kansas Hispanics are largely from Durango and the interor states surrounding it. DFW-DGO is definately a hole in the network.
It is what it is...

IrishAyes

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm glad to hear that AA/MQ is once again committed to growing its portfolio of Mexican destinations from DFW. I feel like it has been awhile since they have explored this space.

I know I posted this in a separate thread, but unlike other Latin American routes, AA's Mexico presence is purely focused on growth from DFW as the primary gateway, rather than split between DFW and MIA.

That being said, UA at IAH remains AA's biggest moving target. UA will be dropping TLC and TGZ from their IAH network. I wonder if AA would ever consider venturing to TGZ.
confidence is silent. insecurities are loud.