KarlB737
Topic Author

The Next Generation Of Supersonic Flight

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:59 am

I have never flown the Concorde. I don't anticipate ever flying in what is now called "Son of Concorde" which could arrive in 2030. The CNN report below states that there have been some technological improvements in supersonic flight which could in time make it viable. Everyone in this forum is aware of the immediate issues of this type of aircraft. Rapid fuel consumption in operation coupled with constantly changing price of fuel to name a couple. The experts think they may have made some progress with the sonic-boom problem so there is a flicker of hope that some of these issues can make this thing work. Personally between all of you and me I believe the cost is still going to be the major stumbling block with this type of travel. Not trying to be negative here just my initial thoughts. Attitudes can change over time.

Deliver your reaction as you look at eight (8) pretty renditions of possible future supersonic aircraft at the link below.

Courtesy: CNN

Beyond Concorde: The Next Generation Of Supersonic Flight

"But the dream of supersonic flight has not disappeared. Aviation manufacturers such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Aerion are working on supersonic technology -- with the latter predicting it could have a supersonic business jet in service as early as 2020."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/tech/i...rsonic-flight/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

gigneil

RE: The Next Generation Of Supersonic Flight

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 am

Aerion has been saying they're going to do this for a long while. I hope to see it.

NS