upgrademaster
Topic Author

New Airline Seating Company: Optimares

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Seems like the aicraft interiros' competitive arean has a newcomer , Optimares from Italy.

http://blog.apex.aero/cabin-interior...s-zest-premium-seat/#comment-23365

There is a real need of innovation in the market but, in economy class ? Whst can really be done ? What are the chances that a new seat supplier succseeds with B/E and the giants already so strong ?

tonystan

RE: New Airline Seating Company: Optimares

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Quoting upgrademaster (Thread starter):
Whst can really be done ?

Thinner, lighter materials. Innovative spacing to increase leg room but squeeze in more revenue earning seats. New concepts in IFE installation. Staggered seating. The list is possibly endless!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

quiet1

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 am

The name, Optimares, while probably dreamy in Italian, can appear in English as a contraction of optimum + nightmares.     

VC10er

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Quoting quiet1 (Reply 2):

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! The name Optimares is just awful and a simple global linguistic check would have flagged that. We do a lot of "naming" at my company and have a large dept dedicated to the art and science of naming. The other thing, unless one can't see or feel the features in their flat bed seat, it certainly doesn't look so "OPTI".
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

questions

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

From the photo on the website provide, there does not appear to be anything unique or new about the premium lie-flat seats. Where is the innovation this new company is providing? How does it plan to compete in this space if the seats do not have a competitive advantage?