727LOVER
Topic Author

Airline Sued Over Sex Toy

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:00 pm

A gay couple was horrified seeing a dildo taped to their luggage on arrival at IAH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ked-luggage.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://ww.queerty.com/mortified-gay...tting-sex-toy-on-display-20120828/

[Edited 2012-08-29 11:04:42]
I feel woozy....what did you put in that Pudding Pop?

AirframeAS

RE: Airline Sued Over Sex Toy

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Ok, after reading said article, this is what disturbs me the most:

Quoting Article (Thread starter):
Regardless, United/Continental should have immediately conducted an investigation to find the guilty party and terminate them.

How do we know that it is UA's fault that this happened? How do we know it was the TSA? How do we know if it was really the CBP Agents? Sure, UA was the carrier.... but what proof does this couple have that it was UA Rampers that did this unforgiving act?

The only reason why the couple blamed UA for the embarrassment only because they FLEW on UA. So it must be UA's fault.

WTH?!   

As Hamar points out, “If ‘someone else’ vanadalized the bag, why didn’t Continental personnel—the last to handle it— simply put the bag in a box and avoid the spectacle? Or better yet, why [wasn't] the bag simply zipped closed? The zipper is still 100% functioning.”

Couldn't answer that question, I honestly do not know. If it was the TSA or the CBP that did this, how did they get access to the CO tape? Why couldn't they use their own tape that has the TSA logos or CBP logos on it?? But then again, we do not know who really did it and why.

At the very least these guys deserve free first-class tickets to Australia for Sydney Mardi Gras.

I disagree. We don't know who really did that. An investigation will not turn up any results, IMO. Sickening, yes, but there is really no recourse from here.

And some of the comments on the article on the bottom are a bit over the top. However, the couple should have LOCKED their luggage once they were done being inspected at CBP in IAH to prevent this from happening. IMO, this is their own damn fault. They could have packed the "dildo" in their carry-on.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

PlymSpotter

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Looks to me like the bag may have burst. Still, if it really was displayed like that on the carousel, then it's pretty dumb of whoever did it. Can't see how they can have known the couple were gay mind.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

HPRamper

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:29 pm

The zipper doesn't look intact to me. As stated above, the bag appears to have burst. It happens. Maybe the zipper could be fixed but it's not the job of the rampers to do that nor do they have the luxury of time. More than anything else it looks like a sloppy tape job.

As for the dildo hanging out, if I were in that situation, I wouldn't be overly concerned with carefully concealing it under the other bag contents. Looks like it was the one item that fell out, and so it was visible when stuck back in the bag. It's nobody's fault but the couple's that they ran the risk of bringing a dildo along when one must always assume accidents can happen.

As for the blurb about it only happening because someone saw a male name on the bag's tag, I call BS. Straight couples use sex toys too and the same thing would have happened either way.

ajd1992

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 pm

As embarrassing as this is, I can't help but laugh. It sucks for them but if it was an accident they have no case.

135mech

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 2):
Can't see how they can have known the couple were gay mind.

The absence of female clothing most likely gave it away...
135Mech

p201055r

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:47 pm

One is tempted to say that it may be "hard" to get to "the bottom" of this!

But seriously, folks, whatever the orientation of the individuals, no-one deserves this kind of abuse.
Of course they could - as some people would - have brazened it out, tucked the offending item back deep into the bag and with heads held high walked away from the baggage carousel. They didn't, choosing instead to make an issue of this, thus we have a debating topic and the airline a potential problem.

I can't say what the exact legal position is, but it seems to me that if we hand over our luggage, for temporary safe-keeping and transit, to an airline, then the airline is responsible, unless they can show unequivocally that TSA, CBP or some other legitimate agency or a particular individual interfered with the baggage, ultimately causing this embarrassment.
On the facts presented, it appears to me that the airline is quite likely culpable in law, but from my own experience it would be a safe bet that the real culprit(s) may never be found.

Don't bring anything embarrassing in hand luggage and now, don't put it in checked bags. Whatever next?

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Quoting p201055r (Reply 8):
unless they can show unequivocally that TSA, CBP or some other legitimate agency or a particular individual interfered with the baggage, ultimately causing this embarrassment.

As stated in the article, the couple were flying into IAH on an international inbound meaning that CBP in IAH would be handing the bag more than UA would have combined. That is why I think CBP is at fault here, not UA.

atcsundevil
Crew

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

SO EMBARRASSED, ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED...

Their logic makes no sense. Why would they do interviews and share their story, identity, and photos with the media if they are so embarrassed and mortified? If they just dealt with United directly like 99.999% of customers, they would have only been embarrassed by the four people at the carousel who may have seen the....device.

Instead, they file a completely frivolous lawsuit that will ultimately gain them little to nothing. If they hadn't filed suit and simply went to the media to ask for an apology, I would have completely understood and respected their motivation. Filing a lawsuit? Whatever..

gigneil

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:44 pm

A) Assumption the first - the bag did not break

Of all the people likely to be responsible, UA is at the "bottom" of the list.

TSA and CBP both were very likely to have "gone deep" into the luggage as part of their routine duties, and, as such, were far more likely to be the culprits.

B) Assumption the last - the bag did in fact break open

Its entirely possible and even likely that, in the process of "shoving it in", the "baggage handlers" just did what they could to "make it fit" and then taped it up when they were done. Sure they could have done a better job of concealing it, but that's definitely not their job to do.

Its possible, but less likely, that they intentionally made it obvious. But still hardly a crime.

Can't see how they can have known the couple were gay mind.

Fact - girls are physically incapable of accommodating a device of that magnitude. Guys, however, have no practical depth limit.

NS

Rdh3e

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 10):

If you were embarassed about it being shown on the carousel, you would absolutely NOT have allowed those pictures posted of it and yourself all over the internet.

I digress.

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 13):
you would absolutely NOT have allowed those pictures posted of it and yourself all over the internet.

Now that you mention it, that looks like CLEAR tape. The article mentioned that it was CO packing tape. I don't see any CO packing tape in that picture...... at all. With this in mind, this looks like a couple who just wants to make a quick buck (money grabbing) via the courts.

I say dismiss this and blacklist the couple from flying on UA from this point on.

HPRamper

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 pm

The article references clear tape with CO logos on it. Which wouldn't be apparent from that picture which was of pretty shoddy quality.
Sounds like UA needs to update their supplies to me.

flashmeister

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

But seriously, folks, whatever the orientation of the individuals, no-one deserves this kind of abuse.

I think it's pretty clear that this wasn't abuse. From the photos I've seen, that bag burst open. It's not the responsibility of United, TSA, CBP, or anyone else to clean up a mess because these guys crammed too much crap into a bag.

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 15):
The article references clear tape with CO logos on it.

Can anyone confirm that CO does or did, in fact, had packing tape that is clear with the CO logos on it? Because I have not seen such packing tape at all at UA.

tonystan

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 1):
How do we know that it is UA's fault that this happened? How do we know it was the TSA? How do we know if it was really the CBP Agents? Sure, UA was the carrier.... but what proof does this couple have that it was UA Rampers that did this unforgiving act?

Actually, regardless of who may have caused this it is ultimately UAs responsibility as per conditions of carraige.

However, the couple should have LOCKED their luggage once they were done being inspected at CBP in IAH to prevent this from happening. IMO, this is their own damn fault

If it was TSA, they will simply break the lock. However if you had actually looked at the picture you would see it appears that the zip on the bag seems to have failed.

Quoting ajd1992 (Reply 5):
As embarrassing as this is, I can't help but laugh

As a gay fella myself I admit, THIS IS FECKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Iv no need to carry such an item but if that was me I think id just have to laugh at the situation and see it for what it is...massive cock-up!!!

But lets face it, that was deliberate! It was probably loaders or security who saw an oppurtunity to have a laugh and they took full advantage! Id probably have done the same! lol
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

questions

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Quoting gigneil (Reply 12):
Fact - girls are physically incapable of accommodating a device of that magnitude. Guys, however, have no practical depth limit.

Umm... can't a girl put it where a guy would, therefore having similar depth limit?

Back on topic, while they were embarrassed, humiliated, they should not have been traveling with that in their bag. You should never put anything in carry-on or checked luggage that you do not want lost, stolen, or for others to see.

gigneil

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Yes, as gent of the gent-loving persuasion, I would have also likely fallen out of a cargo hold onto the ground and died - of laughter.

NS

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 18):
Actually, regardless of who may have caused this it is ultimately UAs responsibility as per conditions of carraige.

In your opinion, but CBP was the last agency to "fondle" with that bag in depth, as others have stated. So the blame is on them AND the pax, who did not pack the bag properly. The pax has no case.

If it was TSA, they will simply break the lock.

Not if you buy a TSA approved lock.

However if you had actually looked at the picture you would see it appears that the zip on the bag seems to have failed.

I already have. That bag should have never traveled to begin with and was massively OVERSTUFFED! So, the bag is the pax's fault not UA's.

It was probably loaders or security who saw an oppurtunity to have a laugh and they took full advantage! Id probably have done the same! lol

So did everyone else on this thread!   

Qatara340

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 pm

The real question is: Why bring in a dildo, where they could enjoy the real thing?  
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

tonystan

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 21):
In your opinion, but CBP was the last agency to "fondle" with that bag in depth, as others have stated.

Eh no, Not "in my opinion" at all....legally as per conditions of carraige!!! UA are responsible for it pure and simple. The only removal of responsibility is if a TSA letter is placed inside the luggage to advice the passenger that the bag was opened for inspection by them FACT! I have worked in lost/damaged/delayed luggage claims for a major airline and a lot of that time was dealt with the legal side.

There are plenty of technicalities that the airline can use to admonish it of responsibilty however but I shant go into that.

Not if you buy a TSA approved lock.

And regardless of whether it was or was not, that does not change the fact that you said "they should have locked it"!!! What difference would it make then? Now you are being pedantic!

I already have. That bag should have never traveled to begin with and was massively OVERSTUFFED! So, the bag is the pax's fault not UA's.

Is it now? You can tell that from the above picture??? Because I cant! And Iknow a "stuffing" when I see one!

I just think you dont like the individuals involved! Oh yeah, I went there!!!!

135mech

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 22):
The real question is: Why bring in a dildo, where they could enjoy the real thing?

HAHA... BUT...did you see the SIZE of it??? They like the "Super-Size" me version!

I also think this is just a ruse for a quick buck and call the "B-S" on the Horrified and Mortified...as said before...if you felt that way... then you WOULD HAVE kept quiet and "run home" with it re-buried in the bottom of the bag.

They are free-loaders looking for their 15 Min!

The bag looks like it's sitting on a bed comforter...THIS is NOT a photo from the airport baggage claim! And as KCTopBoom said:
"But really, this 'incident' happened more than a year ago, on May 21, 2011. Why are they bringing it to light now? In this story they identify the airline as CO, not UA, which it was in May 2011. This has "I want lots of money from you" (extortion?)painted all over it. I also wonder if the airlines will 'black list' them from flying on any airline in the US."

These people are staging this and wanting massive amounts of $$$...

[Edited 2012-08-29 14:32:32]
135Mech

comair25

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 pm

To me it looks the zipper broke. They taped the bag shut and the dildo just happend to be on top. It looks like they placed the dildo out of the bag when they took the picture to make it look more "dramatic".

tonystan

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Quoting comair25 (Reply 25):
It looks like they placed the dildo out of the bag when they took the picture to make it look more "dramatic".

I wonder if it was reported there and then as it appeared to the ground staff as that is the only way I can see them having any leg to stand on from a legal perspective!

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Quoting tonystan (Reply 23):
UA are responsible for it pure and simple. The only removal of responsibility is if a TSA letter is placed inside the luggage to advice the passenger that the bag was opened for inspection by them FACT!

Not true. It is not UA's responsibility for the breakage of an OVERSTUFFED bag, like in this case, in the event that it bursts open. That would be a limited liability right there off the bat. Look at the picture in the article.

And regardless of whether it was or was not, that does not change the fact that you said "they should have locked it"!!! What difference would it make then?

First, they should have used another bag. Second, they should have not used a defective bag. Third, they should have not OVERSTUFFED said bag. Forth, they should have used a "TSA APPROVED" lock.

Now you are being pedantic!

Whatever the hell that means. But I stand by my points.

Is it now? You can tell that from the above picture??? Because I cant! And Iknow a "stuffing" when I see one!

You really need to look at that picture again, seriously.

I just think you dont like the individuals involved!

Ok, now you are crossing the line. That is completely uncalled for and inappropriate. I think you violated a forum rule here: Don't talk about the user.

rwy04lga

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

They could have packed the "dildo" in their carry-on.

And an even more embarrassing situation!

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 27):
Now you are being pedantic!

Whatever the hell that means. But I stand by my points.

It means 'One who stands by his points'     

(It doesn't really)
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

b727fa

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:18 pm

It's everyone's right to carry any toy they want. After the initial embarrassment of seeing it come on the belt, just pretend it's not yours until other bags have been removed and then quietly claim it and repack and be on your way.
My comments/opinions are my own and are not to be construed as the opinion(s) of my employer.

kc135topboom

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 pm

They could have flipped a coin to see who had the pleasure of having it 'packed' in him.

One is tempted to say that it may be "hard" to get to "the bottom" of this!

But really, this 'incident' happened more than a year ago, on May 21, 2011. Why are they bringing it to light now? In this story they identify the airline as CO, not UA, which it was in May 2011. This has "I want lots of money from you" (extortion?)painted all over it. I also wonder if the airlines will 'black list' them from flying on any airline in the US.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-Them-With-Dildo-167733125.html?dr

This sounds like they tried to shake down UA and after they figuered out UA wasn't going to pay them, they went to the press in the SFO Bay Area (even though they live in Norfolk, VA). My guess is their lawyer is from the SF area, too.

The extent of UA's liability would be only the price of the tickets they paid, and then only from IAH to ORF, not the entire trip to Costa Rica, nor even the trip from ORF to IAH.

http://bestfares.com/news.php?newsID=2754

135mech

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 30):

They could have flipped a coin to see who had the pleasure of having it 'packed' in him.

"Excuse me sir...we're going to have to do a full-body scan...WHOA!!!"
135Mech

rampart

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Quoting flashmeister (Reply 16):
From the photos I've seen, that bag burst open
Quoting comair25 (Reply 25):
To me it looks the zipper broke.

Both articles state that the zipper was intact and working, not broken, before or after. In that case, I think the picture is not related, maybe staged, as it does look like the zipper is broken and using clear tape.

Regardless, if this was accidental, the best course of customer-friendly action would have been to repack a personal item as best as possible, tape it, and move it on. Doesn't matter what personal item it might be -- a toupe, falsies, sex toy, Hanson CD, whatever. Non-customer-friendly action would be to fairly deliberately not attempt to pack said item in a way that is most obvious. Doing that was either a joke, or punitive ("that'll teach him from overstuffing a bag!"), and out of line. Think also about the other passengers... children around? explain that one. It wasn't necessary.

-Rampart

B757Forever

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Quoting 135mech (Reply 24):
HAHA... BUT...did you see the SIZE of it??? They like the "Super-Size" me version!

I can only assume their vacation activities in Costa Rica somehow involved pleasuring sea mammals???  
The Rolls Royce Dart. Noise = Shaft Horsepower.

135mech

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Quoting B757forever (Reply 33):
I can only assume their vacation activities in Costa Rica somehow involved pleasuring sea mammals???

LMAO!!! Do humpback whales live there, or Sperm whales?      
135Mech

Rdh3e

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Quoting rampart (Reply 32):
the best course of customer-friendly action would have been to repack a personal item as best as possible, tape it, and move it on.
Quoting rampart (Reply 32):
Doing that was either a joke, or punitive ("that'll teach him from overstuffing a bag!"), and out of line. Think also about the other passengers... children around? explain that one. It wasn't necessary.

Would you want to touch that thing with your hands? No way in hell would I that is for sure, probably not even with gloves on. I would do the bare minimum necessary to get that out of my area as possible. You do not know whether these guys are sanitary.

HBGDS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:36 pm

However, the couple should have LOCKED their luggage once they were done being inspected at CBP in IAH to prevent this from happening

When was the last time you locked luggage after inspection? Inspection happens after it's been checkied in at most airports, and locks are simply busted open.

135mech

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 35):
Would you want to touch that thing with your hands? No way in hell would I that is for sure, probably not even with gloves on. I would do the bare minimum necessary to get that out of my area as possible. You do not know whether these guys are sanitary

Perfect posting... it doesn't matter what gender...if the users are not sanitary, these items can and do carry "problems" and can transmit infections if not cleaned properly.
135Mech

PlymSpotter

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Quoting 135mech (Reply 7):
The absence of female clothing most likely gave it away...

I've carried some pretty odd things for (female) other halves over the years. Still don't think they can prove it was a motivated attack.

Quoting gigneil (Reply 12):

Slightly too much information there...

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

speedbrds

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 pm

This incident of whether it was the TSA, United Airlines or other airport staff, it is very embarrassing. Perhaps having the media involved was not such a good idea.

I will say however, some of the comments posted on this thread seem very offensive and/or critical of others.

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Quoting HBGDS (Reply 36):
When was the last time you locked luggage after inspection?

July 2012 in SEA with my gun case after I noticed something hanging out of the case.

Quoting HBGDS (Reply 36):
Inspection happens after it's been checkied in at most airports, and locks are simply busted open.

Not unless you have a TSA Approved lock like I said in reply 27.

Quoting speedbrds (Reply 39):
This incident of whether it was the TSA, United Airlines or other airport staff, it is very embarrassing. Perhaps having the media involved was not such a good idea.

some of the comments posted on this thread seem very offensive and/or critical of others.

It may be, but the couple brought this onto themselves by going to the media. This, in turn, was THEIR own fault after they stated that they were embarrassed and humiliated....and they go to the media, adding MORE exposure?! Hypocrites, I tell ya.... Something more has got to give..... and that is $$$$$$!!!!!!

kc135topboom

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 pm

I will say however, some of the comments posted on this thread seem very offensive and/or critical of others.

Lighten up. It is these two guys who decided to put the image in the press, and the press put it on the internet. I find what they were, and are doing offensive, but I didn't bring that up.

People don't laugh enough anymore, everyone is offended by someone over something today. Its too bad some get their feeling hurt easily. There is no reason why we can't laugh a little.

B757Forever

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 41):
There is no reason why we can't laugh a little.

Agreed 100%. I don't know about the rest of you, but I laughed A LOT!  
The Rolls Royce Dart. Noise = Shaft Horsepower.

gigneil

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

You do not know whether these guys are sanitary.

No you do not. And that is extremely important.

NS

flyingsux

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Their logic makes no sense. Why would they do interviews and share their story, identity, and photos with the media if they are so embarrassed and mortified?

Because they are looking fo $$$ - just as a lot of others have said.

Would you care to explain what part of the COC are you referencing? Are you saying UA should replace the bag? Becaus there is liability when the luggage is damaged or lost, but that's it.

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 27):
Not true. It is not UA's responsibility for the breakage of an OVERSTUFFED bag, like in this case, in the event that it bursts open

They're not responsibile as long as the Limited Liability part of the bag tag was signed - If it wasn't, then they (UA) would be. That's what it's there for!

Quoting B727FA (Reply 29):
It's everyone's right to carry any toy they want. After the initial embarrassment of seeing it come on the belt, just pretend it's not yours until other bags have been removed and then quietly claim it and repack and be on your way.

That's what I would have done - after I stopped laughing.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 30):
The extent of UA's liability would be only the price of the tickets they paid, and then only from IAH to ORF, not the entire trip to Costa Rica, nor even the trip from ORF to IAH.

That would be the case if they were involuntarily denied boarding, damaged bags have no such liability - You are confusing the issue...

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 40):
July 2012 in SEA with my gun case after I noticed something hanging out of the case.

That's a gun case - and they HAVE to be inspected with the passenger present - bags that contain dildos don't.  

canoecarrier

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Looks to me like the bag may have burst. Still, if it really was displayed like that on the carousel, then it's pretty dumb of whoever did it. Can't see how they can have known the couple were gay mind.

I'm 100% sure this has happened before. When I worked at SEA (an airline that will remain unnamed) did the same thing to a pax around '01 or '02. You would be surprised what passengers fly with, right after 9/11 you used to hand screen checked baggage at the counter, we had a porn star check in once with all sorts of "accessories".

What's more embarrassing having 1 play toy come out of the baggage carousel strapped to your bag or having everyone that's checking in see your fuzzy handcuffs and strap on? That really used to happen.

I'm not saying it's right what they did, but it has happened before. Bad joke on the ramps part that ends up making everyone look bad though.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

AA94

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:19 pm

A larger version of the photo is available here

It seems pretty clear to me that the zipper was busted open at some point, and I think any reasonable person would agree. The bag was likely overstuffed.

Further, the tape in the photo looks like clear masking/packing tape to me. I don't see a CO logo anywhere. I assume that if such CO packing tape did exist, the Continental Airlines logo/name would be printed in blue ink rather prominently. There doesn't appear to be print of any kind on this tape.

If it happened like they say it did, and that's a big IF, I do feel bad for them. But going to the media with such information about your personal life when you claim that you've already been publicly humiliated?

I smell a rat.
If you can't take the heat, you best get out of the kitchen

flightsimer

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:51 pm

TSA couldn't have done it... They don't have the brain power to have cocked up such a cockamamie idea...

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely hilarious. Like others said, if I was them, I would have waited until all the others left before I grabbed it. It's just like farting, you do it, then you casually blame somebody else... You see your bag, you either act shocked and repulsed or just start laughing with all the others...

And i certainly would have not gone to the press or released pictures of it if I was humiliated about it like they said they were...
Commercial Pilot- SEL, MEL, Instrument

kiwiinoz

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 am

The customer's relationship is with UA. I would certainly tyhink it is UA's responsibility to conduct the investigation. Where the fault lies as a result of the investigation is another story.

HPRamper

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 41):
Lighten up. It is these two guys who decided to put the image in the press, and the press put it on the internet. I find what they were, and are doing offensive, but I didn't bring that up.

I think they went to a friend who was a blogger and *he* posted everything online and possibly encouraged them to go to the press.

Quoting AA94 (Reply 49):
Further, the tape in the photo looks like clear masking/packing tape to me. I don't see a CO logo anywhere. I assume that if such CO packing tape did exist, the Continental Airlines logo/name would be printed in blue ink rather prominently. There doesn't appear to be print of any kind on this tape.

It does look like regular clear tape. Then again, the picture was taken long after the fact on a bed of some sort, so that brings up the possibility - or probability - of the bag being modified or tampered with before the picture was taken.

Aesma

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 am

First, I must now leave the internet as I had too much laugh for one day !

Their logic makes no sense. Why would they do interviews and share their story, identity, and photos with the media if they are so embarrassed and mortified?

Exactly what I thought.

Quoting B727FA (Reply 29):

Same.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

gaystudpilot

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:13 am

I'd like to add my two cents.

1. The article states, "The zippers on the luggage were intact and working fine." According to this photo, also mentioned in post #49, http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FxoUMD2nZf...ZBg/sNf5gayoqkY/s1600/P1090678.JPG , the zipper does look broken or caught in the middle with two open ends on either side. I suspect a prank.

2. The article states, "It was wrapped in clear tape that had the Continental airlines logo on it." According to the above photo, there are no logos on the tape. I suspect a prank.

3. Looks like the photo was taken on a bed. Why not capture the evidence at the airport. I doubt these two guys were that embarrassed. I suspect a prank

4. While there is a barcode tag on the luggage it does not appear to be a UA or CO airlines checked luggage tag. Why would you not include the checked luggage tag in the photo? I suspect a prank.

Quoting QatarA340 (Reply 22):

5. [quote=B727FA,reply=29]It's everyone's right to carry any toy they want. After the initial embarrassment of seeing it come on the belt, just pretend it's not yours until other bags have been removed and then quietly claim it and repack and be on your way.

My sense is these guys are not embarrassed, humiliated conservatives. They included a photo of themselves from what looks their vacation/holiday in the article. If they were so embarrassed and humiliated why would they include their photo? I suspect a prank.

Would you want to touch that thing with your hands?

Absolutely not. I certainly hope gloves were used.

Quoting mplsjefe (Reply 54):
As a physician, I can tell you that you cannot get rabies or tetanus or "such" from sexual activity with a dildo.

I don't think anyone is referring to "sexual activity" with the a dildo but to handling the questioned dildo that may contain fecal matter and body fluids (that may be dry by the time the bag reached any airline employee).

CONTACREW

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 am

This story is over a year old. There was a post about it over on flyertalk, and someone had posted a link to there website, and if you zoom in on the bag tag pics, you can clearly see it had the CO code, and the date on the bag tag was 21 MAY 11. So either this people didnt win their lawsuit, or they trying to make it seem like it happened recently.
Flight Attendants prepare doors for departure, cross check verify straps standby for all call