AusA380
Topic Author

TSA - RDU & Medical Equipment

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 am

I have travelled extensively, including through many airports in the USA. I travel with a CPAP machine (I don't use onboard, but carry it with me for safety).

RDU is the only airport in the world (including more than 6 in the US) that I have travelled through that requires the main CPAP unit to be taken out of my bag for x-ray.

Every time I ask them why, they say that is TSA procedure and infer that every other airport in the USA is wrong.

Why is TSA in RDU different and require a medical machine to be taken out of one's bag for xray?

xjramper

RE: TSA - RDU & Medical Equipment

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:30 am

When I traveled with my cpap, i was always asked to remove it, regardless of the airport I was at. Now, if rules have changed, I don't know as I haven't traveled with it in a few years.
Look ma' no hands!

ERJ170

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 am

I travel with a partner who uses a CPAP. We have travelled through many, many airports and they all requie the CPAP out and they test it every time.
Aiming High and going far..

PRFlyer

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:35 am

I travel with my CPAP machine to Asia from LAX. TSA always ask me to take it out of the bag and they swab it.
BTW, I am able to use my CPAP on PR flights on Business Class. Makes a lot of difference when I get to my destinations either going or coming back home.

[Edited 2012-09-05 19:37:01]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos