globalflyer
Topic Author

Any New News On The "New" Eastern Airlines?

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm

I was just curious to see if anyone had any progress reports or new news for the return of Eastern Airlines? It had been rumoured in the past that the New EA would take over the operating certificate of USA 3000 Airlines and start with the A320s out of South Florida. However nothing has been mentioned in quite some time. Just wanted to see if any ANetters had any news? Thanks!
Landing on every Continent almost on an annual basis!

xlc

RE: Any New News On The "New" Eastern Airlines?

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Won't be the same without the Whisperjets!

bmacleod

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:15 pm

With the current horrible state of US airline market, most US airlines sinking deeper into red, I can't see how any new carrier has a chance of surviving...  
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

DL WIDGET HEAD

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Quoting bmacleod (Reply 2):
most US airlines sinking deeper into red, I can't see how any new carrier has a chance of surviving...

Which US airlines constitutes "most" sinking deeper into red? DL, US, UA, WN, B6, FL, etc were all profitable last year and seem to be on track for another profitable year. As far as the ressurection of Eastern Airlines though, I don't see it happening any time soon.

srbmod

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 pm

The lack of any new news on this seems to indicate that this project is likely not going to be moving forward anytime soon. There was a thread about 6 months ago regarding it and there wasn't anything then either:

The New Eastern Airlines (by F9Animal Mar 7 2012 in Civil Aviation)

They've got a Twitter account and it doesn't really mention any updates either and their website still looks like a travel portal as opposed to an airline website.

crj900lr

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:39 am

I'd give the "new People's Express" a better chance of getting off the ground before the "new Eastern" does. I could maybe see Eastern as a small charter comapny with a few A320's doing business but I doubt they will ever be a legit airline ever again.

jfk777

Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Why would any one want to be the new "Eastern, People Express or Pan Am" The history of this has never turned out well. Remember the new "Braniff" where are they today ? In the dustbin of history. Be original, start with fresh name so people don't preceive it for something that happened 20 years ago.