reifel
Topic Author

Armavia To Resume TBS-EVN. VIP Jet?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:24 am

Hello,

I just read about this:
http://airlineroute.net/2012/09/07/u8-evntbs-sep12/

Which is suprising, is that they use a Yak 42 on this route. In Amadeus, the seat confiuguration is 27 seats, which is very little for a Yak. This flight is only bookable in A class, which is the highest class Armavia has, around 250 EUR one way. I found this strange... I also find strange they're using the Yak, since I thought they got rid of it.

Then I saw on U8's website that they have a VIP Yak, exactly having 27 seats. So would they actually use this VIP aircraft on that route? That would be really a great way to travel on a private jet!
http://www.u8.am/uploads/files/yak%2042%20en.pdf

zkojq

RE: Armavia To Resume TBS-EVN. VIP Jet?

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:00 am

Interesting: I guess this is one of the cheapest ways to fly on a VIP jet! I would think that it would make more sense to operate the route with one of their Bombardier CRJ-200s though.
First to fly the 787-9 (ZK-NZE, NZ103, 2014-10-09)

JU068

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 am

The flights are operated twice per week, on Mondays and Fridays... I thought most businessmen went on day trips not four day trips. Could it be that they are using their Yaks because they have no other aicraft currently available?

Armavia seems to be an airline without concrete business strategy.

reifel
Topic Author

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Especially since this route was always introduced and suspended now and then. Last time it operated with twice daily flights on CRJ200 indeed... Not sure how big is the demand between those two little countries. I believe connecting passengers are almost non existent, so it would be point to point, and EVN and TBS are so close (although the road trip takes approx 5 hours due to the terrain).

planenutz

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 pm

That is still a heft price for what's only a 45 min flight.
Sometimes you can get cheaper return fares on Singapore Airlines First Class between SIN and KUL with lounge access and 200% FF miles!

For much less money you could hire a private luxury car with driver to take you the 5.5 hours from EVN to TBS.
I'm wondering if this route is for some specific niche for perhaps a contractor that needs speedy access between the two cities, but only on Mondays and Fridays. Maybe its not meant for general pax, but on the occasion that they have empty seats they;ll sell them to the public (?).
Not all who wander are lost....

reifel
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi There,
they have adjusted the price. Now it books in A class, which is First class. There is only one fare available, it's a fully flexible "Business Class" fare acording to the fare rules. And it's lower now, approx 120-130 EUR incl Tax. I think this is more reasonable, and I am really debating to take the chance, as it's a Yak, and even more, it's probably the VIP Yak, as it's only available in First Class and as according to the U8 website they only have 1 Yak, which is a VIP Yak...

FoxBravo

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

reifel
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Excellent, thanks so much... I think I will shortly click the "book" button  

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos