airliner371
Topic Author

Frontier/Republic Thread Part 38

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 pm

The previous thread has become quite long and difficult to manage for some users. Please feel free to add your contributions to the new thread.

Part 37 can be found here: New Frontier/Republic Thread Part 37

mariner

RE: Frontier/Republic Thread Part 38

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 am

Frontier has introduced FlyFrontier.com. This article explains it:

http://www.4-traders.com/REPUBLIC-AI...yFrontier-com-as-New-URL-15190769/

"Frontier Airlines today unveiled FlyFrontier.com as the airline's new website address. The announcement comes as the Denver-based carrier continues to improve and further differentiate the products offered through its website, making FlyFrontier.com the best place to book Frontier travel for more choice, more perks and more value."

And this article talks about the need to push traffic away from the third party travel sites to Frontier's own website - it saves Frontier money and it is the place to book Classic/Classic Plus - which brings in more money::

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...-11e1-98c6-ec0a0a93f8eb_story.html

"Frontier Airlines is the latest carrier to jump into the fight, announcing Wednesday that it will penalize passengers who don’t book directly with the airline. Those fliers won’t be able to get seat assignments until check-in. And they’ll pay more in fees while earning half as many frequent flier miles.

“Particularly for families, it provides an incentive to book directly,” said Daniel Shurz, Frontier’s senior vice president, commercial. “There is no logical reason for our customers to want to book anywhere else."

I think "penalize" is a bit strong - LOL - true, perhaps, but strong.

mariner
aeternum nauta

airliner371
Topic Author

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 am

Quote:
Frontier Airlines today unveiled FlyFrontier.com

They did a poll on there social media a while back... somehow I knew it would lead to this.

I will tell you this, I don't like how they replaced their logo with flyfrontier.com on their website.

[Edited 2012-09-12 03:59:46]

mikefrommke

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:31 pm

It looks like they've also lowered their award flying tiers to 10k miles o/w and 20k roundtrip, but removed the free bags:

http://www.flyfrontier.com/frequent-flyers/use-your-miles/redeem-miles

GentFromAlaska

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 1):
Frontier has introduced FlyFrontier.com
Quoting airliner371 (Reply 2):
I don't like how they replaced their logo with flyfrontier.com on their website.

A pattern is emerging across aviation. Across the last couple of years I've noticed more airports website URL which have migrated to the flyxxxxxx.com format including BNA and PHF. BNA is www.flynashville.com and PHF is flynewportnews.com or something close. I'm sure there are many others.

"Frontier Airlines is the latest carrier to jump into the fight, announcing Wednesday that it will penalize passengers who don’t book directly with the airline. Those fliers won’t be able to get seat assignments until check-in.

Lets hope F9 has thought about their military/government travels who are generally required to book through a government contracted travel agent. I suppose that sect of fliers will be exempt and will be given seat assignments. DEN-DCA is a heavily flown route I hate to see F9 loose market share to WN (when that service is established) as F9 has four daily flights to the nations capital.
Man can be taken from Alaska. Alaska can never be taken from the man.

LAXintl

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:41 pm

“There is no logical reason for our customers to want to book anywhere else."

How about the biz passenger which due to travel policy, or contracts must utilize 3rd party site or vendor to handle the booking ?

Who knows - maybe with new ULCC model, and thinned out schedule such set of clients are no longer much of a focus for F9, but its an odd thing to say imo.

Even SWA knows this - and provides support and corporate tools via the SWABIZ website and has GDS links as it realizes a decent sized subset of travelers cannot book directly.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

RJNUT

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 4):
Lets hope F9 has thought about their military/government travels who are generally required to book through a government contracted travel agent. I

if the passenger is booked in "Y" class on Frontier , seats assignmets will still be available and the "YCA" government fares should then qualify

you can also negotiate in contracts access to preferred seats..we have such an agreement with American. Dont know if Frontier has that capability or know -how?!

azstar

Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 5):
How about the biz passenger which due to travel policy, or contracts must utilize 3rd party site or vendor to handle the booking ?

Who knows - maybe with new ULCC model, and thinned out schedule such set of clients are no longer much of a focus for F9, but its an odd thing to say imo.

Even SWA knows this - and provides support and corporate tools via the SWABIZ website and has GDS links as it realizes a decent sized subset of travelers cannot book directly.

Frontier alienated their business travelers a long time ago when they reduced frequencies on almost every route, and went to the less than daily model. A business travel simply can't fly F9 in most cases, even if they wanted to.

GentFromAlaska

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Quoting azstar (Reply 7):
A business travel simply can't fly F9 in most cases, even if they wanted to.

Outside of any mandatory use contracts ; on business I would generally book with a carrier who offered multiple frequencies. With that said I have flown WN once daily SEA-BNA non-stop on many occasions because I hate airport waiting and potential delays add to that flying south (DFW or IAH) to go north or vice versa.

For those on government business the civil service work rules allows for less frequent flight schedules under the standard workday rule which states a civil service employee may, but does not have to travel outside of their standard workday be it eight , ten or twelve hours. They must weigh this against the governments prudent person rule a.k.a. stewardship of funds rule which states government travelers assigned to the Executive branch must show prudence and travel is if they were paying for it themselves. This usually means courtesy hotel shuttles vice taxi cabs. As a prior travel manager and Authorized Certifying Officer I've have disallowed what I determined was fluff.

On leisure travel F9 infrequent schedule in most markets is not a show stopper.

rampart

Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Quoting GentFromAlaska (Reply 8):
On leisure travel F9 infrequent schedule in most markets is not a show stopper.

I don't know how many leisure flyers consider this, if they had more choices per day, a schedule snafu even for a leisure traveler would be better, and I think about these things, and am warry about booking a flight on a once/day (or less) airline like F9 or Allegiant (or similar). If I'm flying my family back and forth on a holiday -- say Christmas season -- and something happens that scratches the one daily flight there or (worse) back. Or maybe it isn't even daily. As I understand it, a weather situation would be "act of God", F9 wouldn't be obligated to rebook on another airline, would rebook on themselves, but options would be much less. That said, rebooking out of a hub with a much larger airline (like UA or AA) is near impossible, too, as I've experienced DEN or EWR during a storm shutdown. Not much difference. But what about a mechanical? Would F9 willingly rebook on another airline if they have no choice that day, or even the next day?

-Rampart

mariner

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I dont't think he is talking to them. Frontier is a leisure airline. The places on the route map that have the most destinations (outside of DEN) are MCO, CUN and PUJ.

It's never been high frequency (to the non-leisure destinations) and every time it has tried that, it hasn't worked.

It was the problem at MKE and BB understood that and thought he could change it - and he was wrong.

Frontier is removing itself from the fray and embracing what it always was, at heart, and over the course of the next few weeks, I expect it to become even more obvious.

Bottom feeding? Sure. Not exactly like Allegiant and Spirit, but close.

mariner
aeternum nauta

AirframeAS

Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Quoting airliner371 (Reply 2):
I don't like how they replaced their logo with flyfrontier.com on their website.

Holy crap! That's one ugly website header! And it took awhile for the entire site to load up. Swell.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

LAXintl

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 10):
I dont't think he is talking to them. Frontier is a leisure airline.

Yes fair enough.

I guess with F9 also showing the Delta exit door to Early Return members, the business segment is not something F9 is looking to foster. Yet another tactical change as F9 continues to evolve.

mariner

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 12):
I guess with F9 also showing the Delta exit door to Early Return members, the business segment is not something F9 is looking to foster. Yet another tactical change as F9 continues to evolve.

MKE again.

MKE showed the essential schizophrenia of Frontier trying to be both. Nor do I think it is just the Early Returns thing - I'd love to know what was said between Frontier and Delta and US about MKE (and MCI) and DCA and E190's and a bunch of other stuff.

And what Frontier got in return, assuming it got something.

mariner
aeternum nauta

ScottB

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Frontier has introduced FlyFrontier.com.

This seems a bit of going back to the future. They've had flyfrontier.com for years and years in addition to frontierairlines.com.

Quoting mariner (Reply 10):
Frontier is removing itself from the fray and embracing what it always was, at heart, and over the course of the next few weeks, I expect it to become even more obvious.

I wouldn't say that Frontier was always a leisure airline; back in the day, the company used to boast of the number of corporate contracts it had signed. They were always focused on price-sensitive passengers -- this is true -- but this focus wasn't limited to leisure travel.

mikefrommke

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Quoting mariner (Reply 13):
And what Frontier got in return, assuming it got something.

I would bet part of the deal was relieving Frontier of the some of the lease payments in MKE.

GentFromAlaska

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 am

Quoting rampart (Reply 9):

My experience and has happened twice across twenty or so years is the airline would rebook you on another carrier. I've never had it happen on F9 thus I don't know their policy. I would think all airline contracts of carriage don't vary that much as most of it is driven by law. What the carrier has to do.

We got stuck in ORD once on a one-stop with no change of aircraft for snow on a SEA-DCA flight. After two long days in O'Hare we finally got back in the air. When I got back home I wrote AA and ask for reimbursement for my hotel. They paid me. Did they have to; I don't know. I can only assume they did because they could not meet their contract of carriage requirement which involved getting me from point A to B without minimal delay.

mariner

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:18 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 14):
I wouldn't say that Frontier was always a leisure airline; back in the day, the company used to boast of the number of corporate contracts it had signed. They were always focused on price-sensitive passengers -- this is true -- but this focus wasn't limited to leisure travel.

Um - I think I said that there were several attempts to be something other, as in my comments on frequency.

And surely BB believed it when he explained the dichotomy between Frontier and Midwest, with which I agree.

mariner

[Edited 2012-09-12 18:34:03]
aeternum nauta

smoot4208

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 am

On a side note, Yesterday the DOT awarded Skywest the EAS contract for Iron Mountain, Brainard, International Falls, and Rhinelander. Skywest won't flake out of RHI like ZK did, so F9 should be able to finally discontinue MKE-RHI by early next year.

GentFromAlaska

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:24 pm

"Frontier Airlines is the latest carrier to jump into the fight, announcing Wednesday that it will penalize passengers who don’t book directly with the airline. Those fliers won’t be able to get seat assignments until check-in. And they’ll pay more in fees while earning half as many frequent flier miles.

Here's a little more from F9 web URL http://www.flyfrontier.com/plan-book...20912_a&utm_campaign=buyonfrontier If you click on the 'learn more" tab it will populate a flow chart of the various options

illinoisman

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:03 pm

"Frontier Airlines is the latest carrier to jump into the fight, announcing Wednesday that it will penalize passengers who don’t book directly with the airline.
Quoting azstar (Reply 7):
Frontier alienated their business travelers a long time ago when they reduced frequencies on almost every route, and went to the less than daily model. A business travel simply can't fly F9 in most cases, even if they wanted to.

Penalize customers and make it more expensive to buy your product. Sure. That makes sense. If they want to stay competitive, don't penalize people who don't book flights through their website. Give fliers discounts who DO book directly through their website. I use Kayak to find the lowest fares and I guess F9 won't be a consideration from now on...

mariner

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 pm

As I said in the previous thread, SBA is getting the A319 (1 x daily) in January and it really scratches my itch.

I've always liked SBA as a destination for Frontier - good summer leisure and, presumably, some business traffic. It's tough to think that winter sustains on leisure and VFR.

Plus the airport has just spent all that money on the new terminal and at least they're getting one mainline aircraft out of it.  

BUT I was concerned to see that United is only flying 1 x daily CRJ DEN-SBA this winter. Can't swear to it, but I thought that United has always flown 2 x daily, even in winter.

So the question is, can SBA sustain the A319 in winter? I hope so and IF it can, maybe we can look forward to SBA-LAS a couple of times a week, it wouldn't be hard to schedule. Not that I went SBA to be too successful because then You-Know-Who Airlines would be casting covetous eyes on it.

I'm less optimistic about the A319 at PVU and I assume it is only a matter of time before DSM comes under assault from the airline mentioned above. I can't see that DSM could sustain three airlines, just as I struggle to think that SDF can.

Or, even if any of these can sustain three airlines - is it worth it? Frontier could probably get the loads, but yield would probably go gurgling down the dunny.

mariner
aeternum nauta

CarsAir04

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Quoting IllinoisMan (Reply 20):
Penalize customers and make it more expensive to buy your product. Sure. That makes sense. If they want to stay competitive, don't penalize people who don't book flights through their website. Give fliers discounts who DO book directly through their website. I use Kayak to find the lowest fares and I guess F9 won't be a consideration from now on...

But why can't someone look on Kayak or Expedia etc to find the lowest fare, then go directly to the website of that carrier, whether it be UA or F9 etc, and purchase the ticket with the benefits of booking direct on the website?

What if the news had made the article title "Frontier Rewards Passengers for booking on their site" Really is the same message, just worded in a more positive way. No change really.

[Edited 2012-09-13 15:23:26]

NWADTWE16

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:38 pm

This is already the case with all airlines that charge for so called 'premium' seats anyway. We are just advising each corporate client one by one to get used to getting their seats from the airlines website direct

GentFromAlaska

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 pm

I use Kayak to find the lowest fares

I realize we all have our favorite research and booking engines. Why not use something like this http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ and then call the airline.

You cannot book travel on the ITA software but it will provide almost everything you ever wanted to know about a particular flight.

mariner

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 am

Penalize customers and make it more expensive to buy your product. Sure. That makes sense.

How is it "more expensive" to buy the product?

I use Kayak to find the lowest fares and I guess F9 won't be a consideration from now on...

You can still book through Kayak, it's just that you won't get all the goodies. But then - you never could.

Still, based on all your previous posts, I am slightly astonished that you would even consider flying Frontier at all - so I guess that's a win.

mariner

[Edited 2012-09-13 17:32:09]
aeternum nauta

WALmsp

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 21):
So the question is, can SBA sustain the A319 in winter? I hope so and IF it can, maybe we can look forward to SBA-LAS a couple of times a week, it wouldn't be hard to schedule. Not that I went SBA to be too successful because then You-Know-Who Airlines would be casting covetous eyes on it.

Since the landing pattern for SBA passes right by my window, I look forward to the A319. As for sustainability in winter, who knows? Santa Barbara is definitely warmer in the winter than the Midwest and Northeast so it could be possible that winter travelers looking for climates that do not include snow could fill the A319. However, I doubt there will be enough demand in that scenario beyond what currently exists. I suppose if it is one A319 versus two ERJ-190s, it might work.

As for LAS, America West, and then US Airways flew, SBA-LAS when there was still a hub there and about three or four years ago, Allegiant flew 2X with pretty high load factors, but apparently not enough to sustain it. Flights to LAS for Santa Barbara County currently fly out of Santa Maria (SMX) via Allegiant and it will be adding Hawaii service in November.

Since it is my local airport, I wish SBA great success. As for You-Know-Who Airlines, I think local demand will have to increase several fold before they even glance this way.
In memory of my Dad, Robert "Bob" Fenrich, WAL 1964-1979, MSP ONT LAX

rampart

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:26 am

I use Kayak to find the lowest fares and I guess F9 won't be a consideration from now on...

Was F9 ever a consideration for you, Strawman... er, I mean, IllinoisMan?
More generally, do you always limit yourself to just one portal? I sometimes use Kayak and ITA, sometimes Orbitz, but I can't tell you the last time I actually bought something from a 3rd party travel website. I always end up browsing the home websites of the airlines, and find it useful to buy from them. Isn't that sensible?

-Rampart

GentFromAlaska

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:52 am

Does anyone know if F9 markets/sells gift cards in retail merchant locations such as Fred Meyers, Publics, Kroger and or King Sooper (A Colorado grocery merchant) etc? I don't recall seeing them locally.

I can buy WN gift cards in $50, $100.00 and $200.00 denominations at my local grocery store. Where extra perks enter the equation several times a year the merchant offers 4x fuel points per dollar in gift card purchases which is redeemed at the gas pumps for up to a $2 off per gallon per fill-up up to 100 gallons. i.e. multiple vehicles.

I recently purchased $400.00 in WN gift cards X4 which got me 1600 points or $1.60 off per gallon of gas which can be negotiated in any increment from $.10 to the entire $1.60 off per gallon WN web URL allows you to use four cards to purchase tickets per itinerary.

LAXintl

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Santa Barbara on the 319 during the winter will be quite interesting.

The market is an extremely seasonal one with enplanements over the winter only about 50% of the summer peak.

From what I can tell United still keeps its 2x on the CRJ for the winter this year. I don't see a difference in GDS looking until April.

Btw - anyone know who the ground handler at SBA is these days?

mariner

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm less optimistic about the A319 at PVU

As I suspected, PVU goes in January:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...2-16cb-5c93-83c8-141268b74c86.html

"Frontier Airlines to stop Provo flights:

They blame the fleet reduction and it is unclear whether it is seasonal or not.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 29):
From what I can tell United still keeps its 2x on the CRJ for the winter this year. I don't see a difference in GDS looking until April.

Thanks. I don't have access to GDS.

mariner
aeternum nauta

kkephart13

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:30 pm

CAK, PHL and DAY i heard is closing 1/6 as well.
EVERYTHING i type on here, is the opinion of ME and not of any airline/company.

mariner

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Quoting kkephart13 (Reply 31):

CAK, PHL and DAY i heard is closing 1/6 as well.

CAK I believe yes, but I hadn't heard DAY. I understood PHL goes seasonal.

mariner
aeternum nauta

airliner371
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Quote:
CAK I believe yes, but I hadn't heard DAY.

Both just got WN service to DEN...

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 pm

"Curtis added that even Frontier executives had never seen the reception and speed of growth like in Provo. "We've averaged 75 percent full or more every day from the first day even in the low winter months," Curtis said. "We were told 65 percent was the critical line to surpass in the first year."

"As recent as a month ago, Frontier had told the city it would be flying its Airbus jet into Provo starting next year. An Airbus holds approximately 130 passengers compared to the Embraer-190s which held 99 passengers. "They even sent people here to expand the terminal and for the first time started doing their OWN marketing and put up billboards," Curtis said."

The airbuses im not sure would have been too large but they dont want to do it clearly its the new frontier style. I think they want less DEN-daily and connecting flight passengers and want more MCO allegiant style operation o&d so why spend the time on Provo when its mostly connecting passengers..........just my guess of what direction this airline is headed to be allegiant wannabe.

"Cabanilla said she would like to have flights from Provo to California. She is not alone. According to Gleason and Curtis, in unscientific surveys Southern California routes seem to be the favorite choice of people in the area."

I think alot of us have said this for a while. Provo to LAX, SNA or LGB would do great. I think united could find it to be an amazing CRJ200/700 market. Jetblue i think could pull off a 320 but they have no extra LGB slots.

I think united is the best option for provo overall and its really the market(socal) that the area would use. There are so many so cal transplants in that area and alot of BYU students from that area i have no doubt it would do great. plus onward connections to hawaii from lax that route would do excellent for united to lax. There was certainly a demand to denver but nothing like i think they would see to so cal. I hope they are reaching out to skywest and united its the natural fit. If they get it started by ski season you would have some very happy so cal people also sundance ski resort close to provo really caters to hollywood types and its a pretty easy trip to park city or sundance events near provo. I just dont know how delta will react if united starts to move in on provo

ScottB

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 34):
I think united is the best option for provo overall and its really the market(socal) that the area would use.

The problem with a United service to Southern California (and almost certainly LAX if it were to happen) would be pricing. United's pricing would almost undoubtedly have to be higher to cover the high costs of the CRJ they'd be likely to use. And with higher prices, I think you'd see most people driving to SLC for lower prices on more comfortable, mainline aircraft.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 29):
Santa Barbara on the 319 during the winter will be quite interesting.

I think 1x daily to SBA will be challenging from a schedule standpoint with BUR & LAX a couple of hours away.

smoot4208

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

With losing 5 (and possible 10), E190s, cuts have to be made.

airliner371
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Quote:
With losing 5 (and possible 10), E190s, cuts have to be made.

I believe all 10 are now confirmed.

mariner

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Quoting airliner371 (Reply 33):
Quote:
CAK I believe yes, but I hadn't heard DAY.

Both just got WN service to DEN...

Indeed. I've been advocating that they drop CAK since Southwest/Airtran announced it. I'd prefer CLE.

But I had not heard DAY - I have heard a couple of other cities.

Quoting ScottB (Reply 35):
I think 1x daily to SBA will be challenging from a schedule standpoint with BUR & LAX a couple of hours away.

IIRC, it was 1 x daily last winter, most days at least. That did okay.

I doubt SBA would support 2 x daily with the A319 in winter, so if it doesn't work at 1 x daily then SBA will either have to become seasonal or be dropped.

mariner
aeternum nauta

rj777

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

How many E190's does F9 have left (even after the planned departures)? Does it look like they're trying to move to an all Airbus fleet again?

Bobloblaw

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 pm

If the E90s are leaving the fleet, who will Republic be flying E90s for? I would love to see them at AA flying under the Eagle banner

LAXintl

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Provo-Denver was never the communities first choice.

As part of the SCASD grant, Provo first preference was a link to the LA Basin, Vegas or the Bay Area.
Bulk of demand is westward.

Also interesting I think to note, even F9 was not planning a E190 at PVU to begin with, put plans called for twice daily E145s. Probably a more marketable option, but as we know fleet composition and E145 use change at Republic.

Wonder how much of the $500,000 grant is left for Provo to try to re attract someone with?

airliner371
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Quote:
How many E190's does F9 have left (even after the planned departures)? Does it look like they're trying to move to an all Airbus fleet again?

With the 10 retirements they will have 5. Yes I think they are going to all Airbus. What I don't know is why waste the money on Gogo on the e190 if they intend to retire them a few months later.

smoot4208

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:04 pm

I haven't heard anything on CAK, DAY, or PHL yet

mariner

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Quoting smoot4208 (Reply 43):
I haven't heard anything on CAK, DAY, or PHL yet

There hasn't been a press release - I assume there will be one, but maybe not. I had heard five cities will go or go seasonal.

It isn't just the E190's leaving - there are some Airbus departures as well, and the first replacement A320 doesn't come in for a while yet.

mariner

[Edited 2012-09-14 14:12:44]
aeternum nauta

airliner371
Topic Author

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Quote:
There hasn't been a press release - I assume there will be one

Considering Provo is not out of the schedule yet, they are probably going to announce all cuts at once.

airliner371
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:36 am

How does GRR do? I could see GRR going because WN is going in soon and they don't seem to compete with WN.

mariner

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:46 am

Quoting airliner371 (Reply 46):
How does GRR do? I could see GRR going because WN is going in soon and they don't seem to compete with WN.

It isn't on any list I've seen.

However, I'd be surprised - as in fall over in shock - if DEN-GRR could support two carriers.

mariner
aeternum nauta

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:13 am

Provo is still bookable here (friday night) past that date in a 319 so like others said it could be announced in some other Denver based cuts of cities. I really think this cut has more to do with frontier focusing on MCO and trying to be a smaller allegiant copycat airline than provos performance. It seems like like they tried hard and the market has potential for a california service. I hope they can land something. I think people will pay a premium over the competative SLC market so united express really could be an option.

I bet we could see alot of the cuts fit back into the "Frontier Giving Ground To Southwest In Denver" thread. I just hope maybe this will open up some plane time for some more COS flights or more year round services?

F9Animal

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 am

I hope so and IF it can, maybe we can look forward to SBA-LAS a couple of times a week, it wouldn't be hard to schedule. Not that I went SBA to be too successful because then You-Know-Who Airlines would be casting covetous eyes on it.

SBA to LAS won't work for an Airbus. When I worked for OO in the mid 1990's, we flew the route with 19 seat Metros, and eventually the EMB 120. Loads were usually half full. I love SBA, and flew the route often. Maybe now it might work, but I just can't see them filling that many seats on that route.
I Am A Different Animal!!