Jean Leloup
Topic Author

CSeries - First Look At A 'Real' Fuselage

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Bombardier had a press release and minor media event today to announce the completion of the fuselage for the static test airframe. Apparently assembly of this first 'real' airfriame, albeit one not destined for flight, was completed in less than half the time budgeted. Of course this means little until the wing is also assembled and attached, which should be in the next few weeks. The first flight test example should also begin its assembly in the next couple of weeks and, God willing, should at least be getting wheeled around by December. This news in itself does relatively little to answer bigger questions about the testing timeline, but it's still nice to see.

Here is an associated video: http://skiesmag.com/news/articles/17...series-test-airframe-progress.html

I know nothing about manufacturing, but I thought it was a cool video. I must say it is very nice just to finally see a real fuselage as opposed to a mock-up. Those of you with more industry experience may be able to comment more meaningfully about what's visible in the test area.

In related news, I read elsewhere that P&W has popped the first engines for the test program in the mail for Bombardier.

JL
Next flight.... who knows.

ZBA2CGX

RE: CSeries - First Look At A 'Real' Fuselage

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Awesome, keep up the good work. Still lots of work ahead....

JoeCanuck

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:17 pm

If you don't mind, I'll add this link to the CSeries update thread
What the...?

F9Animal

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:23 am

So excited to see this plane fly. Once it proves itself, it will sell like hot cakes.
I Am A Different Animal!!

canadianpylon

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:43 am

Looking good... Can't wait to see it in the air!
Always looking for the longest route with the most transfers.

pvjin

Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Wow looks good... Somehow I have missed this whole C series thing, I have heard about it before but thought that it was just re-engined CRJ or something.
"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable." - Voltaire