DariusBieber
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:34 pm

I didn't see this posted yet:
Woman got loaded gun past TSA: report

I do like one comment:

"However, the TSA did manage to successfully stop a Bottle of Shampoo from going into the aircraft."
Aerospace Engineering student
 
User avatar
zippyjet
Posts: 5099
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2001 3:32 pm

RE: Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Why do you think they are aka Thousands Standing Around.
And they also take you to a back room if they yell to you freeze and you don't freeze.

In reality most TSA agents are hard working good people but there's that 10% that make things worse for the other 90%.
I'm Zippyjet & I approve of this message!
 
danielkandi
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:34 pm

RE: Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Just to mention one place, where they REALLY seem to hate their job... Mumbai and Delhi, I hate those 2 airports. The safety checks are among the worst in the world, in terms of how u are treated, looked at, and an agent sitting and looking like hes cursing the airport and every single soul around him, is not really a reassuring sign! In Heathrow they seem quite thorough.
Flown on : md80, md95, Avro RJ85/100, Q400, Atr42/72, a319/320/321, a332/a333, a343/346, b733 and up, 757, 747, 767 and
 
Maverick623
Posts: 4681
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:13 am

RE: Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Quoting zippyjet (Reply 1):

And they also take you to a back room if they yell to you freeze and you don't freeze.

Good luck making me go anywhere after I quickly exit the sterile area.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way
 
dashman
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 am

RE: Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 pm

I'm sure glad our country spent billions on billions of dollars to create a buerocracy to keep us safe. So how many like this have got through and nobody has known about. Based on previous performance I have no confidence that number is 0. The reality is airport TSA is doing a job equal to or worse than screeners pre 911. Just goes to show if you want to spend lots more money and get inferior product have the government do it.
 
User avatar
thebatman
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:15 am

RE: Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Quoting dashman (Reply 4):
Just goes to show if you want to spend lots more money and get inferior product have the government do it.

  
Aircraft mechanics - because pilots need heroes too!
 
Avi8r747
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:20 pm

RE: Passenger Gets Past TSA With Loaded Gun

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Hurray TSA!!   
It's an entirely different kind of flying; all together!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos