YYZAMS
Topic Author

Rumour: AA To Move To Terminal One In YYZ

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:40 am

Rumour has it that AA will move to terminal one from terminal 3 in YYZ. Also, AA will work DL and UA ground. Anyone have a source or heard about this?

longhauler

RE: Rumour: AA To Move To Terminal One In YYZ

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 pm

AA has a very large operation at YYZ. I would not have thought there was room at Terminal One.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

pnwtraveler

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 pm

That would surprise me as much of the terminal is very busy at key morning and especially the evening rush hour, so just don't see the space for the extra American flights.

The issue of who services UA would be a different issue.

apodino

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm

My question on the UA thing is with AC and US both being star alliance partners at the airport and the airport being AC's biggest hub, why would UA use AA for ground handling? That makes very little sense to me.

ordbosewr

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Quoting apodino (Reply 3):
My question on the UA thing is with AC and US both being star alliance partners at the airport and the airport being AC's biggest hub, why would UA use AA for ground handling? That makes very little sense to me.

I think UA cares about the abilities (ie having proper staff, capabilities [in the case of canada do they have bi-lingual staff] etc) of the company that services them. I don't think they care one bit whether it is another * hub or not. I mean just because it is AC servicing does it mean they get better service? I don't think so. I mean they (AC or service provider) have to follow UA policies so it really shouldn't matter. I mean AC does not care if UA or a 3rd party handles them at the UA hubs.
I did not think UA was serviced by AC at YYZ. I know they are serviced by AC at other canadian airports, ie YWG for one.