mvecchi4
Topic Author

OFFICIAL: Avianca To Be The Brand For AviancaTaca

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey all,

Just saw posted in Avianca's Facebook page that Avianca will be the sole brand for the AviancaTaca Holding.

The following companies will be branded as Avianca:
Aerovías del Continente Americano S.A. Avianca and Tampa Cargo S.A., Colombia; Aerolíneas Galápagos Aerogal S.A Ecuador and all Grupo TACA airlines: TACAInternacional Airlines S.A. El Salvador, Líneas Aéreas Costarricences S.A. LACSA, Transamerican Airlines S.A.(TACA Perú) Perú, Aviateca S.A.,

https://www.facebook.com/notes/avianca/avianca-marca-comercial-%C3%BAnica-para-las-aerol%C3%ADneas-integradas-en-aviancataca-hold/10151069158821822

Regards,

Miguel

VC10er

RE: OFFICIAL: Avianca To Be The Brand For AviancaTaca

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 am

What about Avianca Brazil? And what are their plans to fight TAM (LATAM) Do they plan to fly from Brazil to the world?
The world is missing love, let's use our flights to spread it!

Southamerica

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:19 am

Official press release from Avianca's website (in Spanish):

http://www.avianca.com/NR/rdonlyres/...N38unificaci%C3%B3nmarca101012.pdf

mvecchi4
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:18 am

I don't consider myself an authority on the subject but this is my appreciation from what I've read.

It is my understanding that eventually, Avianca Brazil will become a part of AviancaTaca, ergo the rebranding of OceanAir in 2010 (they use the brand for free) however, it may be a complex process to fully integrate it into AviancaTaca given that the owner of AV Brasil is Synergy and AviancaTaca is Synergy + Kingston (Kriete Family from TACA).

The same thing happens with Avianca Ecuardor (Formerly VIP) whose owner is Synergy.

At the very end, German Efromovich's intention apparently is to fully integrate those airlines into Avianca and increase competition for LATAM for a big/strong latin american brand. His strategy seems to be paying off as far as I'm concerned.

I'm happy with this change. TA is a great airline I've flown a few times, but that's the way the cookie crumbles in the airline world I guess...

Regards,

Miguel.

VC10er

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:25 am

Quoting mvecchi4 (Reply 3):

Well, I happen to be a slave to Star Alliance, so I fly TAM often as I have an apartment in Rio de Janeiro. Since they are leaving Star, I will still have LH, LX, TP to Europe, so that part is covered for me, however the TAM JFK to GIG will be a bummer to loose. So I stick to United. But I would LOVE to see Avianca grow fast, have more options on the Ponte Area between RJ and SP. And if they could match most of TAM's European routes that would be a good option.

I'd love to see Avianca 777's or A350's or 787's!

CRFLY

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:42 am

So sad to see the brand TACA going, as we saw the brand LACSA going a couple of years ago! But recently, TACA is a true example of hard working, listening to frequent fliers and adapting an airline to the regional travelers' needs, with a state-of-the-art fleet, record on-time performance and awarded flight crews and service... I just hope the new Avianca will maintain the service standards and on-time performance... Welcome Avianca to our little world in Central America!
With Age comes Wisdom...

LAXintl

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 am

I think we knew this a few months ago.

Taca Rebrand As Avianca - To Use AV Code (by LAXintl Aug 13 2012 in Civil Aviation)

=
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

neveragain

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:47 am

Quoting VC10er (Reply 1):
And what are their plans to fight TAM (LATAM) Do they plan to fly from Brazil to the world?

I hope you wouldn't expect them to post such plans on their Facebook page.

VC10er

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Quoting neveragain (Reply 7):

True. But business plan announcements are sometimes made. There are also everyone's opinions on A.net  

mvecchi4
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 6):
I think we knew this a few months ago.

Rather than knowing about it, this particular post is aimed at letting everyone know about the official annoucement.

In addition, I don't think that thread took into account the change involved Tampa Cargo and Aviateca (I have not read the entire thread), it seemed to turn into a fight in there.   

On the other hand, thanks for sharing the link, I got some more insight into the subject.

Quoting VC10er (Reply 8):
There are also everyone's opinions on A.net

That's what its all about!.

A388

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Am I glad I've seen all these airline before they all become one brand:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Roger Cannegieter - Curacao Aviation Photography

View Large View Medium

Photo © Roger Cannegieter - Curacao Aviation Photography

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6610443&nseq=0

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7418582&nseq=23

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7418594&nseq=22

Even so, I can imagine it is a good thing to unify all these brands to one brand to better compete against LATAM.

A388

turk223

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Not sure if this question was answered before, but will all the airlines to receive the Avianca branding also get interior chnage-outs to match Avianca's? I hope so... I really like uniformity!

AwysBSB

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Standardizing the brand is much easier than growing the holding.
Avianca is a strong world-wide known and unmodified name, and focusing on it is the best thing they could do for now.
However, they had better preserving the brand TACA in regional routes in Central America and in Caribbean, where it is stronger than the brand Avianca.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Nelson Mejia

This TACA can play with the future Avianca the same way CityJet plays with Air France.

troest

Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Quoting turk223 (Reply 11):
Not sure if this question was answered before, but will all the airlines to receive the Avianca branding also get interior chnage-outs to match Avianca's? I hope so... I really like uniformity!

All airlines in AviancaTaca Holding will have same interior. The interior for the narrow-body fleet will have leather seats, PTVs, and mood lightning in Business and Economy class.

mvecchi4
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Quoting troest (Reply 13):
The interior for the narrow-body fleet will have leather seats, PTVs, and mood lightning in Business and Economy class

I'm pretty sure this will take some time. They've taken the planes left by the former Mexicana and those do not have the PTV (for instance), but I'm sure they will be standard through the fleet in the future.

Motorhussy

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:40 am

The interior for the narrow-body fleet will have leather seats, PTVs, and mood lightning in Business and Economy class.

But not turboprops right?
come visit the south pacific

SJOtoLIR

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 am

Quoting AwysBSB (Reply 12):
However, they had better preserving the brand TACA in regional routes in Central America

However, TACA REGIONAL is even known as either "Aviateca" from Guatemala, "La Costeña" from Nicaragua, "Sansa" from Costa Rica and so forth.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

AA767LOVER

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:34 am

Quoting CRFLY (Reply 5):

Well, one comfort is that it wasn't bought out by COPA.
COPA is okay, but TACA is surprisingly the true rising star in Central America.
Don't take it negatively. It's going to happen as the final process of the merger.
AVIANCA may improve even better. They have LAN to fight against, especially with LIM as a major battleground and BOG in their very own backyard with LAN COLOMBIA just started not long ago.

So will they form a AVIANCA PERU regional division for all the internal flights within Peru that TACA operates now?
Most likely they will need to do this!
J.I. Tsui, American Advantage Member, United Mileage Plus (Premier)

SJOtoLIR

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 am

Quoting AA767LOVER (Reply 17):
So will they form a AVIANCA PERU regional division for all the internal flights within Peru that TACA operates now

I only visualize the Avianca brand performing the current domestic flights operated by TACA in Peru.
The TACA PERU brand is not visible anymore in their planes. However, the TACA PERU designator is even available in their flights: domestic and internationally.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"

troest

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 am

Quoting motorhussy (Reply 15):
But not turboprops right?

For what I know it will be for the A319s and A320s.

I'm pretty sure this will take some time. They've taken the planes left by the former Mexicana and those do not have the PTV (for instance), but I'm sure they will be standard through the fleet in the future.

Not sure exactly what will happen with the ex-Mexicana planes. Either change interior or return to lessor when AV recieves more planes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos