gkirk

Aer Lingus And Ryanair To Stopserving Lba?

Wed Oct 18, 2000 6:24 pm

Can anyone tell me if this rumour is true? I read it on http://members.aol.com/lbaspotter, it also says something that BRAL would be interested in 4xDaily LBA-DUB. As well as saying that EI would increase ops at Newcastle by upgrading to Bae 146s, ( something which has been needed for a long time).
Also on that same web page it reports that due to the runway length their has been probs with operating A321s through the airport stating that min. turn around time is 2 HOURs. (blamed on brakes being used hard and heat very high). Can anyone confirm these?
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

gkirk

RE: Aer Lingus And Ryanair To Stopserving Lba?

Wed Oct 18, 2000 6:55 pm

If anyone doesnt know LBA=Leeds/Bradford and BRAL=British Regional Airlines
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

lxlgu

Thu Oct 19, 2000 1:58 am

Hi!
Do you think a 146 would be warranted on DUB LBA
as the F50 used is not full.I have checked November to
April and every flight is available and BA ave also got
codeshare on the flight?
Ireland UK flights can lose money out of season.
What thoughts?

philb

Thu Oct 19, 2000 2:41 am

My experience on Ryanair to and from LBA is the flights are always at least 80% full and I have difficulty getting a cheap fare unless I book well in advance.

I don't use EI to LBA because we have family in Manchester as well as Leeds so, if I can't get a cheap fare on Ryanair to Leeds or Manchester, I get a companion fare from EI out of SNN to Manchester, which is cheaper than to Leeds, and has more connections through DUB than the 2 per day to LBA which are very early in the morning or late in the evening.

When my daughter has flown LBA-SNN she said the Leeds sector was quite empty both ways. Could be to do with the F50 against the 737 of Ryanair