NWADTWE16
Topic Author

F9 Cookies, Where Did They Originiate?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 am

Yes, im actually asking about the warm baked cookies on every flight. I had a very loyal F9 customer telling me how sad he was to see the cookies go but how in the end he still loved F9 comfy cabin/in seat TV etc. He wasnt from MKE and i found myself and my aviation knowledge getting into a convo with him about the Midwest Express situation and how the cookies started there as they originally were a corporate airline with high level service and after the Republic fiasco the cookies had to go. We chatted some more and ended the call but i find myself wondering did F9 itself possibly offer warm cookies aside from Midwest? Clearly its a slow work day LOL

usflyguy

RE: F9 Cookies, Where Did They Originiate?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:40 am

No. Midwest holdover.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

gigneil

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 am

I believe that my most recent one originated in the oven.

NS

illinoisman

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 am

Quoting NWADTWE16 (Thread starter):
We chatted some more and ended the call but i find myself wondering did F9 itself possibly offer warm cookies aside from Midwest?

Quite frankly, F9's promise to keep the cookies was just them throwing fish at a bunch of barking seals (aka - YX's MKE travelers). I don't think you have to look much further to see why they decided to do away with them - your post pretty much sums it up. F9's customer base didn't really understand/appreciate the tradition of the cookies, so it didn't make much sense to keep them once MKE was slashed.

mariner

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Back in the day - 1999 - Frontier did offer a cookie after the "dinner sandwich" on long flights - BOS-DEN, eg. They were good, individually wrapped, but they weren't warm.

I think they went away after 9/11 or thereabouts.

mariner
aeternum nauta

JBo

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

The cookies were a hallmark of Midwest's cabin service, especially during Midwest's heydey in the '90s, pretty much becoming symbolic with the airline.

When RAH merged YX into F9, they kept the cookies and it was mainly a PR move not only for MKE travelers but for Midwest employees. As a former Skyway employee, it really was sad to see YX die such a slow death, but it had been dying for a long time well before AirTran, Repubic, or Frontier entered the scene.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

srbmod

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 4):
Back in the day - 1999 - Frontier did offer a cookie after the "dinner sandwich" on long flights - BOS-DEN, eg. They were good, individually wrapped, but they weren't warm.

I seem to remember some brownies were pretty good too. The F/As on the RON a/c at ATL would often give the FL rampers that worked the flight a sack full of them.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos