mcogator
Topic Author

DXB And AUH Still Seeing Massive Growth

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Despite the poor economy in Europe and other parts of the world. Aircraft movements are up, but passenger growth is up significantly more. Maybe the A380's coming into play? By the end of the year, it looks like DXB should be in the top 10 busiest airports in the world based on passenger count if the trend continues for the remainder of this year. I'll be back at DXB in 3 weeks, on DL metal, for the first time in 5 years. I'm anxious to see if it has changed for the better, as I didn't enjoy it too much last time. It does seem like there is plenty of O&D traffic these days, as the hotels are much more expensive than I remember, and some were even sold out for my dates. I remember paying $100 for a top notch 5 star, now it is closer to $300, on average.

Quote:
Dubai International Airport saw a 12.8 per cent in passenger number for September compared to the same month last year, reaching 4,780,390 passengers, according to the monthly traffic report issued by the airport operator Dubai Airports. The strong performance during the first nine months – seven of which recorded double-digit growth – has boosted the year to date traffic by 13.4 per cent to 42,565,340 compared to 37,547,744 recorded during the corresponding period last year.
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...ness-double-digit-growth-1.1095944