Marco
Topic Author

Airline Performances @ YUL, YYZ, YVR...

Thu Oct 19, 2000 8:30 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how airlines are doing at Canadian airports such as Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver? For example how are Lufthansa doing at Vancouver, Toronto? How about BA? AF? KL? AZ? AA? UA? DL? CO? NW? The american airlines fly to Calgary and other smaller Canadian cities as well. Does Midwest Express still fly to Toronto? How is CX and KE doing at Toronto and Vancouver? How are Asian Airlines doing at Vancouver? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions  

Thanks
Marco
Proud to be an Assyrian!

steman

RE: Airline Performances @ YUL, YYZ, YVR...

Thu Oct 19, 2000 9:00 pm

Hi,
Alitalia still has a code share agreement with Canadian on some flight towards Toronto and Montreal, while others are full Az.
I don't know what will be the situation after the merge between the two major Canadian airlines but Alitalia will always have its flights to Canada considering the big Italian community there.

Ciao

Stefano

airmale

Thu Oct 19, 2000 10:05 pm

Pakistan International dont seem to do well on their twice weekly service to Toronto especially during the winter despite the fact theyve started flying 747-300s on the route, i think the A310-300s were a better choice for the market they flew them there uptill 1998 
.....up there with the best!

Marco
Topic Author

Fri Oct 20, 2000 6:49 am

Come on people, this is an interesting topic!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Louis

Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:21 am

It's just too many questions, kid. Narrow it down. In general, the European airlines are doing well in Montreal and pretty good in Toronto. AF is planning on increasing their frequency to Dorval (to AC's dismay...hehe). Heck, Air France even plans on sending one of their A3XX's (if they're ever produced) to Dorval. As for As Korean Air, they're doing well in Toronto. In fact, they upgraded their flight to a 744. I'd assume they're doing just as well in Vancouver. Air Canada is launching a YVR-JFK flight soon and rumors have it that they're going to start a JFK flight from Calgary. I think the LH flight to Vancouver was downgraded to an A340 and the KLM flight to YVR was downgraded to a 767.

slawko

Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:30 am

Ok I can give you a bit of YYZ info....

American is doing very well, and will be adding LAX 737-800 by the end of the month. Loads on AA are quite full from what I hear. Most of the US airlines are doing pretty well here. BA similarly is doing well, with there two flights a day usually a 747 or 777. CX and KE should be ok, but I am not sure....all flights kind-of slow down during the winter with the exceptions of the charters, and most of those airlines are doing very well, although there are always about 3-5 Air Transat L1011's sitting on the de-icing pad doing nothing. Over all YYZ is very busy and virtually every airline is doing well with the exception of Qantas who is pulling out at the end of the month.
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

BOEING747-700

Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:42 am

Yeah I saw those L1011's sitting there too. I saw them from the 401 they looked like they where empty and where rotting away in the sun.

Trvlr

Fri Oct 20, 2000 9:49 am

I think we should expect to see a lot more AA flights to Canada now that AA has lost Canadian as a codeshare partner.

Aaron G.

Fri Oct 20, 2000 10:23 am

I'm assuming the LH and KLM equipment downgrades at YVR are seasonal in nature.

TransatGuy

Fri Oct 20, 2000 11:48 am

In regards to the Air Transat L1011's in the De-Iceing feild, they are there because AT does not yet have hangars here in YYZ. As for their performance in YYZ the still continue to have full loads, beating all other charters in YYZ.

caribb

Fri Oct 20, 2000 12:02 pm

In Montreal Air France will have 3 daily flights to Paris next year. interesting when you consider Air Canada on some days (most days) only has 3 flights to Europe.. it could be Air France will actually carry more people overseas from Montreal on those days than Air Canada.

KLM is suppose to start adding a 747 during the week. this is probably because of freight needs seeing the 747-300Combi seats about the same number of people than the MD-11. Everyone else here except Aeroflot is apparently doing well by the word of mouth I am hearing. Some minor overseas and Central American airlines will start up new flights here soon. A good example seems to be Royal Air Maroc who seems to have founda nice niche into the Arab world.. I hear they often pick up more Montrealers than New Yorkers.

Delta is cutting back Montreal routes. They've handed Cincinnati to Comair leaving them with only 2 MD-88s a day to Atlanta. Air Canada is suppose to code-share on them soon. The remaining US airlines havn't changed their schedule here in years. Some minor changes and regional routes started but that's abbout it.. basically the US is stagnant. United may come in if or when they take over US Airways.. and if Air Canada doesn't just tell them to stay away and let the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh bound passengers find and AC Star Alliance flight close by.

Grasshopper

Finnair And Air Ukraine In YYZ

Tue Oct 24, 2000 2:35 pm

Hello, i have two questions.

Is Air Ukraine still fly into Toronto? And is Finnair going to fly to Toronto next summer again or they are going to withdraw their services?

Thank you very much

Transat1011

TransatGuy

Tue Oct 24, 2000 10:26 pm

Hello Massimo,

Regarding the TriStars parked in YYZ, I don't see why they are not sending them to YMX, the maintenance base is there, lots and lots of room...
Anyway, you probably know that we will be using the SEATS system now in YUL. I would appreciate if you could email me, I have questions regarding that.

As for Royal Air Maroc, they do pick up more passengers than New York, but only on Sundays. (Non-Stop Flight), and also on Fridays and Wednesdays in the Summer season.

Rgds,

Felix M.

slawko

RE: Finnair And Air Ukraine In YYZ

Wed Oct 25, 2000 3:03 am

Air Ukraine still flies to Toronto, in the summer it was twice a week, to/from Lviv and Kyiv. I don't know about the winter sched, but it may be redused back to once a week.

Finnair as far as I know is still flyin to YYZ, and I don't know of any plans to stop it, there is currently no Canda - Finnland OneWorld connection other then Finnair.
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

polaris

Wed Oct 25, 2000 3:25 am

Marco,

Yes, this is an interesting post but what you will get in these posts is hearsay as everyone wants to promote "their" airline or "their" city as being the best. Most of the info you seek is confidential. You can however, get some official statistical info from the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization). They have quite a few statistical books available with the info you are seeking. There is a charge, of course, for the books.