RJNUT

328JET WT/BALANCE Problemseit TOO Heavy

Fri Oct 20, 2000 6:19 am

i HAVE BEEN ACCESSING FLIGHT DETAIL INFO FROM ACA JET DBA AS DL CONNECTION AND ALL THEIR FLIGHTS OUT OF INDIANPOLIS TO LGA HAVE BEEN FULL AND THEY HAVE BUMPED UP TO 14 BAGS OFF THE THE FLIGHTS DUE TO WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS...SO I GUESS THE PLANE DOESNT HAVE MUCH RANGE AS COMPARED TO OTHER RJ'S...IT REMINDS ME OF THE DAYS WHEN I WORKED WITH METRLINERS AND WE WERE ALWAYS LEAVING BAGS BEHIND..WHAT GOOD IS AN AIPPLANE IF IT CANT LEAVE WITH FULL PASSENGER/LUGGAGE LOAD..THEY NEED TO DEVELOPE AN EXTENDED RANGE VERSION

mel

RE: 328JET WT/BALANCE Problemseit TOO Heavy

Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:15 am

Where did you find this data on ACJet? I think that's ridiculous. I agree... what good is a JET if it can't take a full load, on a short-haul flight. I remember boarding up J41s operating IAD-CHS and having to bump off up to 5 passengers because of weight restrictions. We would bump off passengers before bags, as PAWOBs were very high, and we couldn't guarantee the bags would be sent down on the next flight.

IND-LGA isn't even that long a flight (probably just under 2 hrs).
NO URLS in signature

RE: 328JET WT/BALANCE Problemseit TOO Heavy

Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:25 am

Looks like Faidor have really missed a big opportunity here. Aside from entering the market a full 2 years BEHIND Embraer and Bombardier, cancelling development of the 428JET earned the enmity of quite a few airlines.

The 328JET does have shorter legs compared to the ERJ and CRJ but it has vastly superior climb and short field performance.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos