chautauquasaab
Topic Author

BA 777-200 Refurbishing Project Complete?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 pm

I am curious if anyone knows how British Airways is coming along with the interior refurbishing of WT+ and First in 4-class 777-200's. Hopefully they are nearly complete!

vv701

RE: BA 777-200 Refurbishing Project Complete?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:17 pm

The 772ERs in this refurbishing programme that includes fitting the Thales Top Series IFE AVOD Syatem in all seats in all cabins and refurbishment of the World Traveller cabin are G-RAES, G-VIIA to 'IH, 'IJ to 'IN. The programme also includes the three 772As, G-ZZZA to 'ZC.

I believe to date the followeing aircraft have already been refurbished at CWL:

G-RAES

G-VIIA, 'IB, 'IG, 'IJ, 'IK, 'IL, 'IM

G-ZZZC

Additionally I beieve thay 'ID is currently at CWL being refurbished.

The refurbishment is currently taking around five weeks for each aircraft. So with seven aircraft still to start refurbishment and with just one aircraft being taken out of service at a time, I guess at the earliest it will be July or August next year before the programme is finished. There seems to me little likelihood of it being accelerated as half the BA long haul 763 fleet is undergoing a major refurbishment programme also at CWL.

Sketty222

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Quoting VV701 (Reply 1):
The refurbishment is currently taking around five weeks for each aircraft. So with seven aircraft still to start refurbishment and with just one aircraft being taken out of service at a time, I guess at the earliest it will be July or August next year before the programme is finished. There seems to me little likelihood of it being accelerated as half the BA long haul 763 fleet is undergoing a major refurbishment programme also at CWL.

Thanks for the info.

Are the 767's being refurbed at CWL, I was under the impression it was happening at LGW
There's flying and then there's flying

bwaflyer

Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Quoting Sketty222 (Reply 2):
Thanks for the info.

Are the 767's being refurbed at CWL, I was under the impression it was happening at LGW

Long haul at CWL, Short haul at LGW

Sketty222

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 am

Quoting bwaflyer (Reply 3):
Long haul at CWL, Short haul at LGW

That makes sense now, cheers
There's flying and then there's flying