Craig
Topic Author

Air France's Concorde's

Fri Mar 19, 1999 5:17 am

Hi,

Which routes does Air France use its concorde's on?

I think one of them might be to Australia but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.
Craig Stewart

RE: Air France's Concorde's

Fri Mar 19, 1999 5:35 am

the only scheduled is paris - new york similar to british airways (ba also does a winter schedule to barbados and i think jamaica - might be wrong.) but i am sure that they must charter out to other places in the world.

several years ago af was very inefficient with their concordes... low utilization whereas ba was operating european charters and of cource there round the world trip.

Fri Mar 19, 1999 5:37 am

Air France brings in the Concorde at JFK (Kennedy Int'l) New York, at least once every day.
Hope this helps...

D.Valerio
New York

AFa340-300E

Fri Mar 19, 1999 5:47 am

Air France has one daily flight to New York JFK.

They used to fly to Washington, Mexico, Caracas and Rio de Janeiro, but those destinations (with Conorde) have been closed.

Now Air France rent its Concorde to companies from Paris-Paris flights, or world-tour, trips (so does the trip to latin america recently).

About the destinations the AF's Concorde already has been :
Paris, Milano, Oslo, Hong kong, Jakarta, Sydney, Christchurch, Guam, Singapore, Delhi, Papeete, Oakland, Tampa, New York, Miami, Buenos Aires, Ushuaiai,...

But only as charter flight.

Alain

CX747

Re: Air France's Concorde's

Sat Mar 20, 1999 1:27 am

If there is only one daily concorde flight, what do the other 5 or 6 Concordes do that day?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower

AFa340-300E

Re: Air France's Concorde's

Sun Mar 21, 1999 6:58 am

The other Concorde fly for companies (they rent them fro 250 000 French Francs/hour of flight for their guests), mostly it is a Paris-Paris flight.

There is always a Concorde at JFK. One other at CDG, in case of the Concorde that was schelduded to flew has technical problems (AF wouldn't cancelled its Concorde flight, because it is included in the service),

One Concorde is in visting by Air France Industries (maintenance) at the moment.

One may fly to another continent fro a charter flight...

So you see all Concorde are used.

Alain