Lufthansa announced a surprise move today with the opening of BER-AMS. This route may prove a strategic move to expand BER's North American connections on LH - in addition DUS, MUC & FRA - leading to ultimately direct BER-USA flights once Brandenburg is opened and traffic has grown sufficiently. Ofcourse the ever growing O&D traffic will be the main driver.
- dep. TXL 06:45 - arr. AMS 08:10 LH3342 A319 Daily ex. Sun
- dep. TXL 18:20 - arr. AMS 19:45 LH3346 A319 Daily ex. Sat
- dep. AMS 08:50 - arr. TXL 10:10 LH3343 A319 Daily ex. Sun
- dep. AMS 20:25 - arr. TXL 21:45 LH3347 A319 Daily ex. Sat
The route creates interesting connecting possibilities on LH codeshares to EWR, IAD, IAH and ORD operated by UA.
- dep, AMS 09:15 - arr. EWR 11:45 LH7963 8h 30 B757 Daily
- dep. AMS 10.10 - arr. IAH 13.50 LH 7987 10h 40 B767 Daily
- dep. AMS 10:55 - arr. ORD 13:00 LH9154 9h 05 B767 Daily
- dep. AMS 11:15 - arr. IAD 14:00 LH7619 8h 45 B767 Daily
KLM operates the route 6x/day in Summer, and EZY operates 2x day (3x Mon&Fri S13). Surprisingly LH was absent from this route thus far.
Remember the days of LH B707's and B747-200s FRA-AMS-LAX-AMS-FRA !