LAXDESI
Topic Author

Indian Aviation Thread: Part 102

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Makes sense if he can turn around and sell his shares for more than $77 million to an investor like Ethiad.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...isher-sbi/articleshow/17653253.cms

Quote:
Vijay Mallya is ready to infuse Rs 425 crore($77 million) into the airline and restart its limited operations as soon as DGCA gives a go-ahead, the lead lender to the grounded carrier said today.

Acharya also said Mallya did not ask for any fresh lending, saying the promised Rs 425 crore will come from his own resources. He also said that Mallya did not reveal the name of investors/airlines that he is in discussion with.

lightsaber
Crew

RE: Indian Aviation Thread: Part 102

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:54 am

Earlier in the day Jet AirwaysBSE 1.34 % surged nearly 5 per cent to hit its highest level in nearly two years to Rs 636.70 on hopes Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways will buy a stake in the carrier. A business daily reported on Monday that Etihad may decide as early as this week whether it will invest in Jet Airways or in grounded rival Kingfisher Airlines, citing two people familiar with the matter.

From a link noting lenders refuse to loan IT any more funds:

http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...-airlines/articleshow/17652133.cms

If nothing else, Etihad has managed to get its name out in India!  

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

BLRAviation

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 am

Is there a limit on the number of messages on A.net that requires us to start a new thread?
I am on Twitter @BLRAviation

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 2):
Is there a limit on the number of messages on A.net that requires us to start a new thread?

One can start a new thread after 200 posts(forum rule). I hope many of you will keep an eye out on no. of posts and start a new thread when no. of posts have exceeded 200.

BLRAviation

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 3):
One can start a new thread after 200 posts(forum rule)

Thanks. From your answer it appears that we CAN start a new thread after 200 posts i.e. optional, not that we MUST start a new thread (mandatory). So why do we impose this rule? Would love to understand the logic behind this. Thanks in advance.

aeroblogger

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 4):
Thanks. From your answer it appears that we CAN start a new thread after 200 posts i.e. optional, not that we MUST start a new thread (mandatory). So why do we impose this rule? Would love to understand the logic behind this. Thanks in advance.

Loading time for pages increases greatly as posts add up.
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

Gr8Circle

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 4):
Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 3):One can start a new thread after 200 posts(forum rule)

Being one of the members who spotted the very 1st thread #1 from LAXDESI, I remember that for the initial 20-30 threads they used to switch to the next # after 100 posts......then it was decided that we change at 200, as the numbers began to advance too quickly......makes it easier to read too......beyond 150 or so, you start losing important posts within the thread.....

The thread has matured a lot since the early days......  

HAWK21M

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 am

less than 200 posts make thread reading easier.......normally Laxdesi gets the honour of starting the next thread,unless it does not.......

Whats the news on KF now....no announcement on the 18th......31st is the day the AOP needs to be renewed.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:08 pm

India's domestic air passenger traffic shrunk by almost 8% in November.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...-november/articleshow/17680349.cms

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 5):

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 6):
I remember that for the initial 20-30 threads they used to switch to the next # after 100 posts......then it was decided that we change at 200, as the numbers began to advance too quickly......makes it easier to read too......beyond 150 or so, you start losing important posts within the thread.....

At some point A.net changed the rules on country specific threads to a minimum of 200 posts. I didn't notice the rule change and one of the new thread was deleted by the mods as the previous one had not reached 200 posts.

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 7):
less than 200 posts make thread reading easier.......normally Laxdesi gets the honour of starting the next thread,unless it does not.......

I would like others to take collective responsibility to start a new thread after 200 posts. It doesn't have to be exactly at 200 posts, but somewhere between 200 and 210 posts will be a good range.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Gopinath set to float new airline next year. Any substance to this story?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...next-year/articleshow/17659124.cms

Quote:
Exactly a decade after he launched India's first low-cost carrier (LCC) Air Deccan and five years after he was forced to sell it off, Captain G R Gopinath is all set to make a comeback with a startup. Three foreign LCCs are learnt to have approached him to take up to 49% stake in the proposed new venture for which he has already applied to the aviation ministry to get a licence. The non-compete agreement Gopinath signed while selling Deccan to Vijay Mallya's now-grounded Kingfisher in 2007 ends on January 28, 2013. Gopinath told TOI on Monday that he will finalize the partner in two to three months and hopes to launch the airline by mid-2013.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 am

Dreamliners make Air India's Delhi-Frankfurt route profitable. Based on the numbers in the article, it costs about $135 million less annually to operate this route with 787 than 777. The 772L has 17 more J and 8 more F seats than 788. AI would have to sell each of these 25 extra F/J seats for about $15,000(one way) to offset the operational cost savings over 788.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...rofitable/articleshow/17685393.cms

Quote:
"The airline is able to save at least Rs 20 lakh per flight after the Dreamliner is deployed. After four long loss-making years, we are making profit on this route now," said a top Air India official, who didn't wish to be identified.

But some commanders are a bit skeptical of the Dreamliner strategy. While some senior AI commanders agree that operational costs may have come down because of the deployment of the Boeing 787s, they argue that revenues too have slipped. "When we compare the Boeing 787 with the Boeing 777s, there's a fuel cost saving of about 17 lakh for a seven hour flight as there is a 12 tonnes less fuel burn per hour on a 787 when you compare it with the 777. But the Boeing 787 has fewer business class seats - 18 against 35 on a 777. So, essentially there's a dip in revenue though the operating cost might have come down. But the target should be to bolster revenue and not look at cutting operational costs alone," said a senior AI commander, choosing not to be identified.

cricket

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:15 pm

So is EY still deciding which of the two girls it is going to bed with?
A300B2/B4/6R, A313, A319/320/321, A333, A343, A388, 737-2/3/4/7/8/9, 747-3/4, 772/2E/2L/3, E170/190, F70, CR2/7, 146-3,

Ilove747

Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm

"But the target should be to bolster revenue and not look at cutting operational costs alone," said a senior AI commander, choosing not to be identified."

The Senior Commander doesnt really understand profitability. AI have to reduce costs to what revenue they can realistically achieve on that route. The article sort of hints that selling the extra premium seating on the 777's is a problem for AI. Hope some sense prevails at AI HQ.

lightsaber
Crew

Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 10):
Based on the numbers in the article, it costs about $135 million less annually to operate this route with 787 than 777.

My numbers were a bit less, I'll have to go sharpen my pencil. Note: I'm talking a figure of say $90 million and not claiming there is not a significant cost difference.

Edit: Is this difference due to the Indian tax on jet fuel? What is the tax rate per gallon/pound/ton?

Either way, it shows the 77L/77E must either be flying long haul or should have been the 77W that has the volume for the revenue. DEL-FRA is simply not a long enough route to 'stretch the legs' of the 77L. Heck, its well within A333 range!

AI would have to sell each of these 25 extra F/J seats for about $15,000(one way) to offset the operational cost savings over 788.

Not possible. EI simply doesn't have that RASM.

But the target should be to bolster revenue and not look at cutting operational costs alone," said a senior AI commander, choosing not to be identified.

I think now that J is at the level of sales, this individual is upset that there are not available seats. If the seats were not sold, there is no 'dip in revenue.' Since pilots have an income incentive to fly the 777, they will justify the plane when it is a money loser.

Quoting Cricket (Reply 11):
So is EY still deciding which of the two girls it is going to bed with?

I think EY is trying to get the cost of the preferred one down...

Lightsaber

[Edited 2012-12-20 06:59:44]

aeroblogger

Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Quoting Ilove747 (Reply 12):
The Senior Commander doesnt really understand profitability. AI have to reduce costs to what revenue they can realistically achieve on that route.

Indeed

Thankfully, it is not in the job description of a pilot to understand revenue management functions  
Quoting lightsaber (Reply 13):
Edit: Is this difference due to the Indian tax on jet fuel? What is the tax rate per gallon/pound/ton?

Tax rate is ridiculously high. Depending on the state, it can range between 20 and 35%.
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

HAWK21M

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 11):

EY is probably thinking about how not to waste its money.....

lightsaber
Crew

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:35 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 14):
Tax rate is ridiculously high. Depending on the state, it can range between 20 and 35%.

Thank you. A 35% tax 'closes the gap' so to speak. I'm just having trouble believing India has done that to its airlines. That handicaps their airlines on long haul.

Lightsaber

brahmin

Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 am

The Senior Commander should know that AI cannot sell a single seat while he is on strike. He should keep to his flying and shut his mouth.

AI should make DEL their aircrew base so that AI does not have to ferry crew to Delhi and spend on hotels..

HAWK21M

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 am

Quoting brahmin (Reply 17):

AI should make DEL their aircrew base so that AI does not have to ferry crew to Delhi and spend on hotels..

Thats what smart Airlines do.....Base the crew in their Hometown where maximum possible, also creating Company guest houses help.

cricket

Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:37 am

Given the above discussion, just FYI, there is a gap between ATF prices for international and domestic services. Certain taxes are not applicable on international services.

Prices taken from IOCL website

Prices in Rs/kl for ATF for domestic ops

Applicable from: December 01, 2012

Delhi 67709.12
Kolkata 75166.19
Mumbai 68392.80
Chennai 71775.03

Prices in $/kl for ATF for international ops

Applicable from: December 01, 2012

Delhi 951.48
Kolkata 996.78
Mumbai 952.33
Chennai 953.19

At today's USD:INR exchange rate of 1:55.12 that means ATF costs Rs 52445.58/kl for international operations, which is by my math 29% per cent more - basically no local sales tax or various cess items.
A300B2/B4/6R, A313, A319/320/321, A333, A343, A388, 737-2/3/4/7/8/9, 747-3/4, 772/2E/2L/3, E170/190, F70, CR2/7, 146-3,

karan69

Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks a lot for that cricket,

Much appreciate the figures

Karan

BLRAviation

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:53 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 16):
Thank you. A 35% tax 'closes the gap' so to speak. I'm just having trouble believing India has done that to its airlines. That handicaps their airlines on long haul.

Foreign flights are exempt from state VAT and central sales tax. I am not sure about the excise duty. Indian Oil has a page showing domestic and international prices in Rs. and USD per Kilo-litre. There is a small doubt. IOCL site shows price to "foreign airlines" but I am reasonably sure it applies to "foreign flights"

http://www.iocl.com/Products/ATFInternationalPrices.aspx http://www.iocl.com/Products/ATFDomesticPrices.aspx

This is based on the premise that taxes should not be exported. Cricket, you can please check and confirm, but I think this is part of the WTO requirements.

Sorry for a long explanation, but laws are convoluted. There are two different sets of taxes. One is Federal (Central in India) and one state.

Federal Taxes will include customs duty on the imports whether it be crude, or a finished product. Imports will also pay a countervailing duty (CVD) which is equal to the rate of excise duty, a manufacturing tax charged on domestic production. Imports are also subject to Special Additional Duty, aptly abbreviated to SAD, which is equal to the rate of the state VAT payable in the state in which the goods have landed for clearance. However, re-sellers/traders are allowed to claim this amount back, since they will pay VAT when they re-sell the product. For interstate sales there is a Central Sales Tax which is equal to the rate of VAT charged in the originating or destined state, whichever is higher.

This CVD+SAD is to make the taxation on imports equal to what gets charged on a domestic product, for a level playing field.

So if someone imports ATF in finished form they will pay Customs+CVD+SAD. If a refinery imports crude and cracks it domestically, they will pay customs in the crude and then excise duty + State VAT or Central Sales Tax (for interstate sales) on the ATF.

Another significant reason for ATF to be high is that the oil marketing companies (OMCs) like Indian Oil, et. al., who are bleeding due to the government's populist profligacy on kerosene and diesel, charge a whopping 15%~20% profit margin on ATF which the government is happy to let them, since flying, in their eyes, is a luxury for the rich.

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 14):
Thankfully, it is not in the job description of a pilot to understand revenue management functions

Oh, but it is Rohit, cost management absolutely is. Ask any pilot from IndiGo or RyanAir on how tight their leashes are. From the flight characteristics (routing, altitude, continuous descent, etc.) there is a constant competition amongst pilots in the world on who uses the least fuel. Most airlines in India today taxi on one engine, after landing, for fuel savings.

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 5):

Thanks Rohit.

aeroblogger

Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 21):
Oh, but it is Rohit, cost management absolutely is. Ask any pilot from IndiGo or RyanAir on how tight their leashes are. From the flight characteristics (routing, altitude, continuous descent, etc.) there is a constant competition amongst pilots in the world on who uses the least fuel. Most airlines in India today taxi on one engine, after landing, for fuel savings.

"how tight their leashes..."

Precisely my point. Management sets SOP, pilots carry it out. Certainly, I'd hope that most understand basic economics (if I use less fuel, the fuel cost will be less), but the comment he made clearly shows that he doesn't understand the revenue generation issues AI faces. Just because a seat is there, doesn't mean it will be filled.

HAWK21M

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 22):

Dont forget how use of TR during taxing, single engine taxi to bay,slow taxying speeds and minimum use of breaks matter too.

lightsaber
Crew

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 22):
Just because a seat is there, doesn't mean it will be filled.

I have a serious question and I'm not sure how to ask it... There has been discussion here on how AI gives seats to political influence. Does having fewer J seats DEL-FRA mean that AI has a chance to sell them first? If the added seats had to be given away an now all the seats (or most) are sold, it is a benefit to cut costs if it is revenue neutral. I speculate that AI hasn't lost any revenue. Not from lack of demand, but lack of demand from customers who had to pay (couldn't use political influence for free seats).

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 21):
Foreign flights are exempt from state VAT and central sales tax.

Thank you. Then the gap opens and I'm calculating a narrow cost difference between the 788 and 77L. Hmmm...   

Lightsaber

karan69

Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 24):

sadly with AI this will never stop, a friend of mine once told me there were 32 freeloaders or sub loaders in J on an LR flight to JFK, , 32 out of 35 seats, and the flight was full otherwise, just imagine the st.ate of mind of pax who wanted a revenue ticket and could not get one.

The problem with AI is because of their unionized work force and their "nothing can happen to us" attitude there are multiple cases where they refuse Revenue passengers a seat in order to accommodate sub load passengers, such a thing does not even happen with Biman

Karan

AirIndia

Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:43 am

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 25):
refuse Revenue passengers a seat in order to accommodate sub load passengers

LOL..... so pax with revenue potential are the real subloaders on AI..... real shame.

sturmovik

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:03 am

Not to sidetrack the extremely interesting discussion going on ..but I had a quick question. Just landed in MAA a coupla hours ago and saw both the AI 332s there (IWB was just taking off) ..any idea what routes they operate ex MAA? Thanks!
'What's it doing now?'

BLRAviation

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:28 am

Quoting sturmovik (Reply 27):

The AI 332s are frequently used as a replacement for the Dreamliner. Also used on the Haj routes. Smell like flying lavatories.

sturmovik

Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:30 pm

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 28):
The AI 332s are frequently used as a replacement for the Dreamliner. Also used on the Haj routes. Smell like flying lavatories.

Thanks for that info, will certainly not venture on the 332s then   . Still haven't managed to get on the AI 787 yet, how often do they get yanked from the domestic runs? How much longer will they fly domestic?
'What's it doing now?'

cricket

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:05 am

The Aviation Minister has expressed doubts over the revival plan that KIngfisher Airlines has submitted to the DGCA.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/1...ines-funding-idINDEE8BP04520121226

Frankly, little surprise there, I have a feeling that they were backing on a quick infusion of funds by a foreign partner, but Etihad seems to be taking its own sweet time. Plus, Ajit Singh's comments ought to be seen as a fact that he has a feeling that EY will eventually invest in 9W, because, if for no other fact, Jet Airways is a going, operating company. It will be interesting to see whether any other airlines look at the Indian market, but I still feel that it will be cheaper to start a new airline than revive Kingfisher. Mallya has burned so many bridges with aircraft manufacturers, leasing companies, banks, suppliers and even politicians by now that I personally doubt KFA will ever fly again.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Jet Airways set to fly Mangalore-Dubai from January 3.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...january-3/articleshow/17769475.cms

Quote:
Private carrier Jet Airways today said it will launch a direct flight service between Mangalore and Dubai from January 3.

The proposed flight will operate six times a week with a Boeing 737-800 aircraft having 170 Economy seats, the airline said in statement.

9w748capt

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 31):

Do you know how service is on 9W flights to the ME? I might fly 9W on BOM-AUH as part of an itinerary involving EY and AA on the way back in March. Some cool itineraries on AA.com - BOM-AUH-MAN-ORD   an a.nutter's dream!

blrBird

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:37 am

Does anyone know when SQ switched 772/773 to 333 on SIN-MAA route?
from star dust....

karan69

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 am

Quoting sturmovik (Reply 29):

The 332s are scheduled to do double daily MAA-SIN and single daily BOM-SIN with random domestic runs in between

Karan

HAWK21M

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 am

Noticed even VT-OBE parked in a dusty and poor state at Apron L along with two other KF A320/321s.

aeroblogger

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am

Quoting BLRAviation (Reply 28):

Not anymore  

They were sent in for heavy cleaning before Christmas-New Year holiday season.

ojas

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Effective 18JAN, 9W will launch a second daily flight between DEL and DXB. With this 9W will operate 42 weekly flights out of DXB to India.

9W 546 DEL - DXB 1115 1330
9W 545 DXB - DEL 1425 1855

Aircraft: B737-800

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ai-flight/articleshow/17797148.cms

[Edited 2012-12-28 05:46:18]
Great leaders don't tell you what to do ... they show you how it's done!

ojas

Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:02 pm

According to the GDS, Effective 18JAN, WY will increase DEL and MAA frorm daily to double daily each on the B738.

Next in line are GOI and IXE.

BLRAviation

Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:18 am

Quoting ojas (Reply 37):
With this 9W will operate 42 weekly flights out of DXB to India.

Something wrong with this number Ojas. 9W already had 5 daily to DXB (4 BOM 1 DEL) when they added 6 weekly IXE-DXB = 41. Now second daily DEL-DXB will make it 48. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am basing on the IXE-DXB flight announcement press release.

ojas

Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes it is indeed 48 weekly, I had not counted the IXE - DXB flight, my bad.

lightsaber
Crew

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:07 pm

just imagine the st.ate of mind of pax who wanted a revenue ticket and could not get one.

What!?! Who would pay for J on AI if that were the case?!? J passengers tend to need to get where they are going rested and on time! That is just wrong... funny and sad at the same time.

Quoting Cricket (Reply 30):

The Aviation Minister has expressed doubts over the revival plan that KIngfisher Airlines has submitted to the DGCA.

As you note, little surprise.  
Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 31):
Jet Airways set to fly Mangalore-Dubai from January 3.

Interesting. I would have thought 9W would have been expanding even more to DXB. Is the Indian government slow in handing out permissions?

Quoting ojas (Reply 37):

Effective 18JAN, 9W will launch a second daily flight between DEL and DXB. With this 9W will operate 42 weekly flights out of DXB to India.

Have the permissions suddenly opened up?   I would expect 9W to launch at least a third flight to have one plane in each of EK's major waves. The four flights from Mumbai make sense.

Lightsaber

AirIndia

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:31 am

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 41):
Interesting. I would have thought 9W would have been expanding even more to DXB. Is the Indian government slow in handing out permissions?

Probably want to ramp up DXB operations before going to bed with EY.... coz then they might have to focus on AUH...

aeroblogger

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:58 am

What!?! Who would pay for J on AI if that were the case?!?

People who aren't politicians/politicians' friends?

J passengers tend to need to get where they are going rested and on time!

And AI's product usually delivers that... 81% OTP, comfortable seats...

Whether the customer is paying AI or AI is paying the customer isn't irrelevant...

No. The time between 9W announcing its intention to serve the route and permission being granted was less than a month.

Have the permissions suddenly opened up?

No.

Nimish

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 am

sadly with AI this will never stop, a friend of mine once told me there were 32 freeloaders or sub loaders in J on an LR flight to JFK, , 32 out of 35 seats, and the flight was full otherwise, just imagine the st.ate of mind of pax who wanted a revenue ticket and could not get one.

Jeez - is this still the case? Hopefully things have been cleaned up (somewhat) at AI?
Latest Trip Report - GoAir BLR-BOM-BLR

na

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 am

In the past 10 days I had 3 domestic flights in India, one with a Spice Jet 738, the others with A320s from Indigo and Go Air. All planes were less than 12 months old.
My verdict: Go Air no. 1, Indigo 2 and Spice Jet 3. In the densest LCC configuration the narrower 737 cant compete anymore, at least not for someone of my size. The Spice Jet 737 was a torture, the tightest seat I ever had.

AirIndia

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 am

Quoting na (Reply 45):
My verdict: Go Air no. 1,

Wadias will be happy to see this. Atleast it apears slowly and steadily Go Air is getting its act together and becoming a player of repute.

HAWK21M

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 am

Quoting na (Reply 45):
The Spice Jet 737 was a torture, the tightest seat I ever had.

Are you referring on basis of seat pitch/leg room or seat width.

ojas

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:11 am

Have the permissions suddenly opened up?   I would expect 9W to launch at least a third flight to have one plane in each of EK's major waves. The four flights from Mumbai make sense.

9W is using the existing rights to DXB, nothing new has been granted to them per se. 9W are allowed 42 weekly flights to DXB and were operating the same with HYD, MAA, DEL and 3 daily to BOM. It's just different cities and additional frequencies to existing one's that has changed.

Same as above, however IXE - DXB was an airport specific issue where it was declared "international" just a couple of months ago and 9W launched this route.

ojas

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 am

http://www.business-standard.com/ind...-rejig-routes-to-singapore/497371/

6E will replace BOM/DEL - SIN to HYD/MAA - SIN. So Singapore is not being terminated, it's being replaced by HYD and MAA.